Coronavirus

MadFan

12 hours ago, Butter9 said:

I hope you are Ok and I hope your trip home will be safe and sound . Let me know if you need any help .

Bless you.  I should hopefully be OK, my flight from Krabi on Friday morning is still going ahead, my connecting flight in Doha was cancelled and I’ve been transferred to one a few hours later.  Hopefully that’s the only change.  I feel fortunate that I was due to leave on Friday anyaway, some people here are scrambling to buy flights right now.

I’m just getting increasingly anxious to get home tbh (and I’m highly strung on a normal day!).

My best friend is a nurse in Holland, just told me that at his hospital 50 out of the 96 patients in critical care are under 50 years old. But this kind of news isn't broadcasted by our news or governments at all.

It's not only serious for the elderly.

42 minutes ago, MadFan said:

My best friend is a nurse in Holland, just told me that at his hospital 50 out of the 96 patients in critical care are under 50 years old. But this kind of news isn't broadcasted by our news or governments at all.

The same news came out in France over the weekend. Over 50% of their critical condition cases are under 50.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:09 AM, rebelvvv said:

I hope you will stay safe!

Thanks I’m trying. I wipe my hands and supplies repeatedly throughout the day. They just hired some people in recent days to obsessively clean all over all day and give us wipes. They’re likely going to reduce store hours to the public soon so at least I won’t be exposed as much to the public there while I process orders. 

It’s getting more chaotic every day. The amount of online orders have exploded the past day (which were already insane the past two weeks) and the people shopping in the store are being ridiculous and making scenes. I’m stunned to see the store ransacked bare every day in nearly every section. Last week it was in the early evening after most people got out of work. Now the store is already wiped out when I come in at 10am!

I’m disgusted with the bulk buying people are doing. Mass buying stuff to last them till 2021, or worse to re-sell elsewhere online to desperate people at much higher prices. I’m saddened when elderly and disabled people trek all the way to the store just looking for some items like toilet paper, soap, canned food in NORMAL small quantities and they can’t find any. They leave disappointed and go searching at other stores. I now try to hoard and hide a few hot items like toilet paper and discretely hook them up if they ask me.

And now when I get online orders with people asking for absurd massive quantities I click on their order saying there’s only 3 in stock (even if there’s a ton that was just restocked in the store). If they’re sending me obnoxious messages about their order I then click to say there’s ZERO in stock. :chuckle:

By the way, it’s really surreal tonight to see how empty and quiet NYC is with all the Coronavirus measures just enacted. This reminds me of the week of 9/11.

15 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I’m saddened when elderly and disabled people trek all the way to the store just looking for some items like toilet paper, soap, canned food in NORMAL small quantities and they can’t find any. They leave disappointed and go searching at other stores. I

Really, stores should have like an hour at the start of each day just for the elderly and disabled.

16 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

They are doing this here in the US, at least in my area.... 

More and more grocery stores are doing this now.

The hospital surge is starting.  Please everyone be careful and stay safe.

https://gothamist.com/news/healthcare-workers-describe-supply-and-staff-shortages-covid-19

If only the whole epidemic had been taken as seriously as it should have been right from the beginning, down the line from Wuhan and the dictatorial China government to the corrupted useless World Health Organisation, from mass media misinformation to certain arrogant right-wing governments, and down to the public opinion and that of equally arrogant complacent naysayers (plenty initially on this thread).

The UK for instance, not shutting down every single activity, everything really starting from schools WEEKS ago. Only now slightly beginning to realize maybe, only maybe the epic fuck up they have made... without ever admitting wrongdoing obviously. No, instead they decide to procure LOANS for businesses, because that's what really matters to these murdering tory bastards: MONEY!

Very basically put, when the Etonian rich & wealthy will no longer be able to squeeze out from the poor because the poor are either sick or dead, who are the rich & wealthy going to be exploiting in order to generate their beloved money for them? 

Money first here. Always. Meanwhile schools are not closed - should have been the first to think about. The London mayor, a pathetic excuse for a human being, had the 'brilliant' idea of now reducing tube/subway/metro services down to weekend levels, thus less and less trains during a day cycle. Which means that those who still have to go to work commuting by public transports, are likely to find themselves travelling on busy carriages, due to less trains in circulation therefore further increasing exposure this way.

The UK is not equipped to handle the situation, which is why this government is waffling about everything.

They are saying now they are going to do "whatever it takes" and going to introduce tough legislation to stop the spread and getting people to isolate. Too little too late.

Remains the crucial fact that the healthcare system is not equipped to handle the sheer amount of sick people Boris does not care about to provide assistance for, and that will unfortunately increase to an alarming rate.

So eager to leave the EU block, now if any country within the block gets to finally come up with a vaccine that works against this virus, the UK will be the last one to receive it... if will ever be distributed in the UK.

We are all disposable garbage to the UK elite in power.

6 hours ago, MadFan said:

People suffering from heart diseases and lung diseases are the most vulnerable. Normally the elderly suffer these conditions, but people from other ages too. 

Glastonbury Festival 2020, which was scheduled to take place from 24-28 June, has officially been cancelled

10 hours ago, funkydita said:

Bless you.  I should hopefully be OK, my flight from Krabi on Friday morning is still going ahead, my connecting flight in Doha was cancelled and I’ve been transferred to one a few hours later.  Hopefully that’s the only change.  I feel fortunate that I was due to leave on Friday anyaway, some people here are scrambling to buy flights right now.

I’m just getting increasingly anxious to get home tbh (and I’m highly strung on a normal day!).

Because most countries have instated travel bans / restrictions . I heard that Qatar has closed it's boarders save only for transmitting passengers . Wear a mask on plane and get some hand sanitiser to use on plane. Am sure you will be fine . Have a safe trip back home 🙏 ( remember no hand shaking / kissing as greeting when you get home ) .

21 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

I doubt humans would get wiped out by this virus. Most people who get it often recover. By that point, at least a treatment will be available.

Nio I didn't say human race would be wiped out due to Covid-19 but I do think we need to come together as people and stop pointing fingers and be divided as people .

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

People suffering from heart diseases and lung diseases are the most vulnerable. Normally the elderly suffer these conditions, but people from other ages too. 

Yupp. Many young people also suffer from those health conditions. Not everyone that is hospitalised will die either. 

Healthy young ppl can die to but they really are the minority of the case. Over 80% of people recover without hospilisation.

19 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Because most countries have instated travel bans / restrictions . I heard that Qatar has closed it's boarders save only for transmitting passengers . Wear a mask on plane and get some hand sanitiser to use on plane. Am sure you will be fine . Have a safe trip back home 🙏 ( remember no hand shaking / kissing as greeting when you get home ) .

Nio I didn't say human race would be wiped out due to Covid-19 but I do think we need to come together as people and stop pointing fingers and be divided as people .

Oh i must have misinterpreted your post then. But i fully agree with your posts x 

1 hour ago, Jitterbug said:

I’ve also decided to limit myself in readinf Corona news, even tho its everywhere. I figured updating about it 24/7 isn’t going to you any good, just makes you anxious more. 

me too: my father has heart problems, and my mother lung´s...I don´t want to know everything the media says.

8 hours ago, Gaudet said:

If only the whole epidemic had been taken as seriously as it should have been right from the beginning, down the line from Wuhan and the dictatorial China government to the corrupted useless World Health Organisation, from mass media misinformation to certain arrogant right-wing governments, and down to the public opinion and that of equally arrogant complacent naysayers (plenty initially on this thread).

The UK for instance, not shutting down every single activity, everything really starting from schools WEEKS ago. Only now slightly beginning to realize maybe, only maybe the epic fuck up they have made... without ever admitting wrongdoing obviously. No, instead they decide to procure LOANS for businesses, because that's what really matters to these murdering tory bastards: MONEY!

Very basically put, when the Etonian rich & wealthy will no longer be able to squeeze out from the poor because the poor are either sick or dead, who are the rich & wealthy going to be exploiting in order to generate their beloved money for them? 

Money first here. Always. Meanwhile schools are not closed - should have been the first to think about. The London mayor, a pathetic excuse for a human being, had the 'brilliant' idea of now reducing tube/subway/metro services down to weekend levels, thus less and less trains during a day cycle. Which means that those who still have to go to work commuting by public transports, are likely to find themselves travelling on busy carriages, due to less trains in circulation therefore further increasing exposure this way.

The UK is not equipped to handle the situation, which is why this government is waffling about everything.

They are saying now they are going to do "whatever it takes" and going to introduce tough legislation to stop the spread and getting people to isolate. Too little too late.

Remains the crucial fact that the healthcare system is not equipped to handle the sheer amount of sick people Boris does not care about to provide assistance for, and that will unfortunately increase to an alarming rate.

So eager to leave the EU block, now if any country within the block gets to finally come up with a vaccine that works against this virus, the UK will be the last one to receive it... if will ever be distributed in the UK.

We are all disposable garbage to the UK elite in power.

The WHO is whom everyone chose to ignore . They said it was gong to be awful in January, and even offered the US 100,000 free testing kits. (Which Mango Mussolini turned down.)

13 hours ago, funkydita said:

Safe travels and be well. 🙏🏻

38 minutes ago, PDC717 said:

The WHO is whom everyone chose to ignore . They said it was gong to be awful in January, and even offered the US 100,000 free testing kits. (Which Mango Mussolini turned down.)

Thank you. 

It's clearly that blaming institutions makes us feel better but they've been reporting the situation since January. Other thing is that our media was too busy writing news about absurdities. 

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Thank you. 

It's clearly that blaming institutions makes us feel better but they've been reporting the situation since January. Other thing is that our media was too busy writing news about absurdities. 

The US was so blase about it that a week ago several outlets reported how "hilarious" it was that Kim Kardashian called 911 because Khloe coughed in her house and Kim thought she had the virus.

3 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

I’ve also decided to limit myself in readinf Corona news, even tho its everywhere. I figured updating about it 24/7 isn’t going to you any good, just makes you anxious more. 

Be safe. Cyber hugs. ((Hugs)) 

9 minutes ago, acko said:

FUCK YOU AIRHEAD KUNT.

"Stars" today are so fucking stupid, and have no idea how to maintain careers. Vanessa is coming off a supporting role in the blockbuster film Bad Boys for Life; the biggest thing she's ever done, her first major project in years and one of maybe three relevant things she's ever done. How does she follow it up? With THAT.

💀