Coronavirus

MadFan

21 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Today I was informed that one of our staffs came into contact with an infected person ( shared the same condo building ). Also my yoga teacher who was teaching a famous Thai actress ( who was first diagnosed as Negative ) told me today ( and it was in the news ) that the actress - her client - has now just tested Positive for Covid-19 .

Coronavirus.png

Oh no i’m sorry to hear that. Wow, who knew even sharing a condo/apartment could be so risky.

Just now, Jitterbug said:

Oh no i’m sorry to hear that. Wow, who knew even sharing a condo/apartment could be so risky.

Our staff is now self quarantining himself for 14 days . He went to pay his monthly rental at the building management office and one of the people 

at the office is infected . He went on Saturday and the condo building told him on Monday . 

Also our Thai New Year is now officially canceled . No holiday in April . That's like canceling Xmas but I think people understand ( it's to prevent people from travelling to the provinces and overseas .) 

1 hour ago, Jitterbug said:

I take backmy 2010s is an evil decade. I should have appreciated thr 2010s as who knew this virus would later creep around the corner in 2020 to sweep the world. 2020s is a bigger evil decade. At least 2010s didnt have such virus, only in Wuhan towards the very end. Oh please can we go back to the 80s and 90s 😞

This makes it sound like AIDS didn't happen

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Thousands and thousands of Spaniards were today temporary fired from work as big companies are closing.

!!!! What the actual fuck?!!! Seriously??? How can they fucking do that to people NOW???

2 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

!!!! What the actual fuck?!!! Seriously??? How can they fucking do that to people NOW???

It's a measure to make people stay home. They'll get unemployment money for two months. And they'll go back to the same position at work. If business is still going, of course. 

brought my ill dad to the hospital yesterday. (he's always been ill so he's a vulnerable patient.. and with me being in Paris two weeks ago..) glad to see how seriously hospitals are taking everything here. they don't wanna risk anything and remain so friendly and patient with everyone. 

on another slightly positive note, I had to go to work to pick up some stuff, and caught the cleaning guy dancing and having the greatest time putting on loud jlo songs for the entire building :lmao: 

Went shopping today and there was a line of 5 people outside at the supermarket, you must get a ticket with number and everything. They let 2 people get in while 2 others get out, there can only be 4 people at a time in the whole supermarket. At least it feels safe enough shopping.

1 hour ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Oh God the supermarkets here are going to get much worse now and the Amazon Prime deliveries I process are going to become a nightmare. :scared:

All deliveries from supermarkets / online stores here in Thailand are experiencing long delays . Last week you can get them to deliver the next daybed now it's a 7-8 day wait because of the demands . 

1 hour ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Oh God the supermarkets here are going to get much worse now and the Amazon Prime deliveries I process are going to become a nightmare. :scared:

I hope you will stay safe!

On 3/16/2020 at 12:27 AM, horn said:

Welt am Sonntag also quoted an unidentified German government source as saying Trump was trying to secure the scientists’ work exclusively, and would do anything to get a vaccine for the United States, “but only for the United States.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-germany-usa/germany-tries-to-stop-us-from-luring-away-firm-seeking-coronavirus-vaccine-idUSKBN2120IV

Evil just evil!!! !! Last week ‘ ‘ “that’s a 4% death rate”’’’ was trending in response to his inane tweet downplaying the coronavirus and comparing it to the flu again 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Edited by Morrigan

8 hours ago, acko said:

Those clips overdubbed with American pop songs are not cute in fact, they are in bad taste .

This is directed @ me, sorry if I offended babe, the laugh is in that celebs could believe that those flop B tracks would be sung by anyone, much less a group of Italians on their balconies. :lol: Not, of course, in the terrifying situation itself...

💋  

36 minutes ago, MadFan said:

This is directed @ me, sorry if I offended babe, the laugh is in that celebs could believe that those flop B tracks would be sung by anyone, much less a group of Italians on their balconies. :lol: Not, of course, in the terrifying situation itself...

💋  

:chuckle: of course not hussy... I meant the people who dub it... Some of the originals r very touching and beautiful.. In fact I get teary eyed. 

I've been thinking (mainly because I'm at home and there's only so much you can do) and I think that maybe countries like Spain, Italy and France are having more cases because we use to greet each other with kisses? 

Also, I read that it's recommended to be careful with the soles of our shoes, as the virus can be there for hours (I haven't fact checked this). And we don't use to take off our shoes when we get home, whereas the rest of Europe seems to do more usually? 

Sorry if my post seems silly but I'm going out of my mind at home :lol:

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I've been thinking (mainly because I'm at home and there's only so much you can do) and I think that maybe countries like Spain, Italy and France are having more cases because we use to greet each other with kisses? 

Also, I read that it's recommended to be careful with the soles of our shoes, as the virus can be there for hours (I haven't fact checked this). And we don't use to take off our shoes when we get home, whereas the rest of Europe seems to do more usually? 

Thanks for the info. I’ve had panic attacks out the wazoo. *sprays Lysol on carpet/shoes*

3 hours ago, MadFan said:

💋  

It gave me a much-needed laugh in these dark times. To think that the Italians would sing Cheryl Cole songs on their balconies 😂

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

This virus transmits through just breathing. 

Be strong 💪

Debi  :inlove:

From our perspective here in the United States, at least you have an amazing government and fantastic doctors who are doing their best to deal with this dreadful emergency

Here in NYC they are still planning fashion shows, big concerts and no counter measures concerning the subway system

And a President saying "don't worry" and spreading disinformation. No testing system in place yet!

Even this shall pass

So I watched Contagion cause why not :lol:  and I can't say I was blown away/terrified by it like some people have claimed. Maybe the fact that we all are basically in this movie as of right now made me immune to the story? (yes, I chose those words :tongue: ). The film is very accurate and very, VERY similar to what we're going through (the situation is much more grim and tragic in it). It's a well made film, but I expected to be more thrilling, a twist or something. It went by very quickly. I really liked the score though :wow:  

Anybody else gonna watch this while they're at home? :naughty:

If you develop symptoms, apparently ibuprofen can aggravate the situation. Paracetamol is better:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-dads-ibuprofen-warning-after-21704192

Coronavirus: Dad's ibuprofen warning after daughter with symptoms turns seriously ill

When Amelia Collins, 4, was given ibuprofen her temperature soared, she begun panting, shaking and couldn't hold her head up or eyes open

The wonderfully underfunded NHS in the UK, thanks to the Tories' decades of cuts and every dickhead who voted for them:

Health experts criticise NHS advice to take ibuprofen for Covid-19

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/health-experts-criticise-nhs-advice-to-take-ibuprofen-for-covid-19

Anti-inflammatories may aggravate Covid-19, France advises

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/anti-inflammatory-drugs-may-aggravate-coronavirus-infection