Coronavirus

MadFan

Danish citizens are now advised against all non-essential journeys abroad, for the time being up to and including 12 April.

Danes currently travelling outside Denmark are urged to return home as soon as soon as possible, as they risk stranding abroad.

9 minutes ago, Msig said:

Danish citizens are now advised against all non-essential journeys abroad, for the time being up to and including 12 April.

Danes currently travelling outside Denmark are urged to return home as soon as soon as possible, as they risk stranding abroad.

This is a good step. But still don’t understand these short timeframes. Like it’s going to go away all of a sudden in 4 weeks? I fear just the opposite happening in those countries who are on the cusp of all this. 🙏🏻 

1 hour ago, Kelmadfan said:

This is a good step. But still don’t understand these short timeframes. Like it’s going to go away all of a sudden in 4 weeks? I fear just the opposite happening in those countries who are on the cusp of all this. 🙏🏻 

Cause the Wuhan quarantine which was implemented much earlier on a much more draconian scale lasted about 48 days.  If you think this is mass hysteria, what do you think would happen if people were told they would likely have to quarantine for 2 months+ to stop this?  There would be immediate violence and riots and more deaths on top.

Those posts at the beginning of this thread or even from Sun aren't going to age well, btw.  I don't know what you think this is if you think this isn't the plague.  The Spanish Flu of 1918 had a 2% mortality rate and the world had a lot less population and people didn't have immediate global travel.  This is literally the 1 in 100 years pandemic the movies have been telling you about.

40 minutes ago, rebelvvv said:

Cause the Wuhan quarantine which was implemented much earlier on a much more draconian scale lasted about 48 days.  If you think this is mass hysteria, what do you think would happen if people were told they would likely have to quarantine for 2 months+ to stop this?  There would be immediate violence and riots and more deaths on top.

Those posts at the beginning of this thread or even from Sun aren't going to age well, btw.  I don't know what you think this is if you think this isn't the plague.  The Spanish Flu of 2018 had a 2% mortality rate and the world had a lot less population and people didn't have immediate global travel.  This is literally the 1 in 100 years pandemic the movies have been telling you about.

I don’t disagree with you at all. 

So, if I understand you correctly, they’re deliberately not telling people so as not to provoke a panic? 

They’re saying up to 70% of the population will become infected. After all I’ve read, it’s all pretty scary no matter how you explain it. 

34 minutes ago, Kelmadfan said:

So, if I understand you correctly, they’re deliberately not telling people so as not to provoke a panic? 

What do you think?  Even Cuomo who has been one of the most sensible in terms of steps isn't telling you that Manhattan likely has 100k infections already.

But on the other hand saying "we should have been told earlier" or "they should have shut everything down" is easy to say now, but all those mass shutdowns just caused a lot of people mass unemployment.  Those Broadway workers may have trouble paying the rent or have trouble buying food.  Those airline workers are being laid off left and right.  A lot of restaurants, especially small ones or ones in high rent areas, are closing by the day.

This isn't the panic.  The "mass hysteria" 2 weeks ago wasn't the panic.  This is people preparing to lock themselves in their homes to WFH if at all possible for the foreseeable future because your fellow Americans just cannot be trusted to exercise any basic common sense or follow any rules, regardless of what ANY politician on either side would have told you or has told you.

See Missouri idiot dad who took his daughter to a school dance while waiting for test results despite being told to self-quarantine.  See JetBlue passenger who deliberately got on a flight and only informed the airline at the end that he just received a positive test text just before boarding and is now banned from the airline for life.  See idiotic fellow people on this board and elsewhere who are still going to go on that cruise or take that $50 spring break flight to Italy, never mind that they now brought back infections to another mass cluster of people.  People are idiots, and many westerners especially only think of well, this is what I want to do today, so this is what I'm going to do whether it's good for anyone else since I'm not going to die, so anyone who has an ounce of common sense and the means will have to do their best to stay away from these (all) people.  Everyone out there is like these rules apply to everyone but me which is also why this thing is going to be worse and last longer in the US than anywhere we've seen yet.

This part has little to do with American politicians.  It's the American people (and Canadians and anyone else thinking the same way who refuse to wake up).

Starting tomorrow at noon, Denmark will effectively close its borders, for the time being up to and including 13 April.

Non-Danish citizens who can't prove that they have a "legitimate" reason for entering the country, will not be allowed to enter the country.

6 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

The curse of Madonna for the backlash she got last year in Israel will probably prevent the Eurovision from taking place

It looks increasingly likely that it won't take place in Rotterdam as originally planned.

Word has it that the EBU's plan B is to have all participants perform live via satellite from their respective home countries.

Just now, Msig said:

It looks increasingly similar that it won't take place in Rotterdam as originally planned.

Word has it that the EBU's plan B is to have all participants perform live via satellite from their respective home countries.

omg I knew there would be repercussions :chuckle: 

don't mess with god

14 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

The curse of Madonna for the backlash she got last year in Israel will probably prevent the Eurovision from taking place

Her performance predicted the Corona World Tour 2020 

2 hours ago, rebelvvv said:

What do you think?  Even Cuomo who has been one of the most sensible in terms of steps isn't telling you that Manhattan likely has 100k infections already.

But on the other hand saying "we should have been told earlier" or "they should have shut everything down" is easy to say now, but all those mass shutdowns just caused a lot of people mass unemployment.  Those Broadway workers may have trouble paying the rent or have trouble buying food.  Those airline workers are being laid off left and right.  A lot of restaurants, especially small ones or ones in high rent areas, are closing by the day.

This isn't the panic.  The "mass hysteria" 2 weeks ago wasn't the panic.  This is people preparing to lock themselves in their homes to WFH if at all possible for the foreseeable future because your fellow Americans just cannot be trusted to exercise any basic common sense or follow any rules, regardless of what ANY politician on either side would have told you or has told you.

See Missouri idiot dad who took his daughter to a school dance while waiting for test results despite being told to self-quarantine.  See JetBlue passenger who deliberately got on a flight and only informed the airline at the end that he just received a positive test text just before boarding and is now banned from the airline for life.  See idiotic fellow people on this board and elsewhere who are still going to go on that cruise or take that $50 spring break flight to Italy, never mind that they now brought back infections to another mass cluster of people.  People are idiots, and many westerners especially only think of well, this is what I want to do today, so this is what I'm going to do whether it's good for anyone else since I'm not going to die, so anyone who has an ounce of common sense and the means will have to do their best to stay away from these (all) people.  Everyone out there is like these rules apply to everyone but me which is also why this thing is going to be worse and last longer in the US than anywhere we've seen yet.

This part has little to do with American politicians.  It's the American people (and Canadians and anyone else thinking the same way who refuse to wake up).

Yeah. I live amongst a bunch of trumpians who beLIEves everything he says. They think it’s a hoax or just the flu, or god will heal them. A neighbor told me two religious schools in the area went to Italy a few weeks ago against advice of nearly everyone. They went anyway. Just down the road.

All Americans aren’t stupid so, please don’t pack us all in the same carton. I am certainly not going anywhere anytime soon. I was able to stock up a bit to hunker down for awhile. I heard my mom & dad both talk about what their parents went through in 1918, during the Spanish flu. It’s nothing to take lightly. We never seem to learn from the past. Reminds me of Madonna’s song “Future”. 

Good luck to you. Stay safe as best as you can. 🙏🏻

Bulgaria today declared state of emergency, followed Italy by closing all establishment apart from food shops and pharmacies. Travel to/from the countries with the outbreak is to be allowed on exclusive grounds and would follow 14 days mandatory quarantine. Draconian fines and prison up to 5 years for breaking the quarantine. All businesses are advised to allow work from home, if possible. The officially counted cases are 31 at this minute. 8 new today, but 3 days ago they were 4.

Canada's imposed a global travel advisory and Toronto is beginning to shut down.

Among the services that will not be available from Saturday are all public libraries and licensed daycare centres.

Affected programmes and facilities also include:

• City-operated March break camps.
  • Community and recreation centres.
  • Greenhouses and conservatories.
  • Pools.
  • Fitness centres.
  • Ski hills.
  • City-operated galleries and museums.

Coronavirus: Dr Christian Jessen says Italians are using pandemic as an excuse for ‘long siesta’

Jessen said the illness is ‘like a bad cold really, let’s be honest

Embarrassing Bodies star Dr Christian Jessen has said Italian people are using the coronavirus outbreak as an excuse to have a “long siesta”, while acknowledging his comments are “a little bit racist”.

The death toll from Italy’s coronavirus outbreak passed 1,000 on Thursday (12 March). The entire country remains paralysed, with non-essential shops and businesses closed, and yesterday, Rome’s Catholic churches were ordered to close due to the pandemic – a move believed to be unprecedented in modern times.

During an interview on FUBAR Radio’s Access All Areas about the outbreak, Jessen said: “This might be a little bit racist to say this, [and] you’ll have to make apologies, but do you not think it’s a bit of an excuse?

“The Italians, any old excuse to, you know, shut down everything and stop work for a bit and have a long siesta.”

When asked whether he agreed with Boris Johnson’s decisions to delay closing schools, Jessen said: “I do agree with him actually. I think it’s an epidemic lived out more in the press than in reality.

“I mean if you think about flu right, without getting too heavy, flu kills thousands every single year.”

When told by host Stephen Leng that 10 people have now died in the UK from coronavirus, Jessen added: “Now I know that’s tragic for those involved but it’s not exactly huge numbers is it compared to flu, which is thousands.

“It doesn’t affect mothers, it doesn’t affect pregnant women, it doesn’t affect children so far as we know. So why this massive panic?

“This is like a bad cold really, let’s be honest.”

When asked if the press were scare mongering, he answered: “Totally. Totally. I think it’s a Daily Mail epidemic. I don’t think it’s a – it’s a real epidemic. Well, it’s obviously a real epidemic, but I think we are more worried than we need to be.

“Now I might have to eat my words and I really hope I don’t!”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-dr-christian-jessen-italy-outbreak-embarrassing-bodies-siesta-a9399071.html

While some arrogant ignorant twats from a disunited island somewhere in Northern Europe are doing fucking nothing to help their never-beloved citizens, Italians are making progress in partnership with the Chinese to find a cure, instead of pontificating about other nations or telling people that they "got to get used to loose loved ones...":

New Coronavirus treatment success in Italy is encouraging

Drug identified to treat COVID-19: Chinese-Italian joint venture

https://www.eturbonews.com/566882/new-coronavirus-treatment-success-in-italy-is-encouraging/

Coronavirus: Arthritis drug seems to work

(ANSA) - Rome, March 11 - A commonly used arthritis drug has shown "excellent results" in two coronavirus patients and a national protocol for its extensive use against the virus should be drawn up, oncologist Paolo Ascierto of Naples' Pascale Hospital said Wednesday. The drug, tocilizumab, "has shown it is effective against pneumonia caused by COVID-29," he said. One of the two patients will be taken off life support Thursday because of the improvement in his condition, Ascierto said.
    He called for a "national protocol to immediately extend the use of tocilizumab in an emergency that has killed 631 people and infected over 10,000 in Italy".
    Ascierto said the hospital had started treating two other patients with the virus on Tuesday and will begin treating another two Wednesday.

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/science_tecnology/2020/03/11/coronavirusarthritis-drug-seems-to-work_8113f9d9-9bb8-4181-9c02-3e314c30e7e9.html

2 hours ago, Gaudet said:

While some arrogant ignorant twats from a disunited island somewhere in Northern Europe are doing fucking nothing to help their never-beloved citizens, Italians are making progress in partnership with the Chinese to find a cure, instead of pontificating about other nations or telling people that they "got to get used to loose loved ones...":

New Coronavirus treatment success in Italy is encouraging

Drug identified to treat COVID-19: Chinese-Italian joint venture

https://www.eturbonews.com/566882/new-coronavirus-treatment-success-in-italy-is-encouraging/

Coronavirus: Arthritis drug seems to work

(ANSA) - Rome, March 11 - A commonly used arthritis drug has shown "excellent results" in two coronavirus patients and a national protocol for its extensive use against the virus should be drawn up, oncologist Paolo Ascierto of Naples' Pascale Hospital said Wednesday. The drug, tocilizumab, "has shown it is effective against pneumonia caused by COVID-29," he said. One of the two patients will be taken off life support Thursday because of the improvement in his condition, Ascierto said.
    He called for a "national protocol to immediately extend the use of tocilizumab in an emergency that has killed 631 people and infected over 10,000 in Italy".
    Ascierto said the hospital had started treating two other patients with the virus on Tuesday and will begin treating another two Wednesday.

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/science_tecnology/2020/03/11/coronavirusarthritis-drug-seems-to-work_8113f9d9-9bb8-4181-9c02-3e314c30e7e9.html

Finally some good news. Thank you. 🙏🏻

Guest eroticerotic

just cant believe it takes tragedy like a pandemic for people to utilize basic manners. something is really wrong in how we approach each other, all our freedoms, and life in general.

1 hour ago, eroticerotic said:

just cant believe it takes tragedy like a pandemic for people to utilize basic manners. something is really wrong in how we approach each other, all our freedoms, and life in general.

Exactly

Dump is now throwing $50bn at the 👑 Virus emergency in the US, says that the European travel ban MIGHT extend to the UK (oddly enough, a European country just like France, Spain or Germany, duh :semifunny: ) as well and that he will LIKELY get tested  :rotfl: :crazy: (despite being in close contact with Brasil President Bolsonaro's spokesman)

Are he and the idiots running the country even for real? They still don't get it, do they? $50bn is nothing, considering the Italian government has allocated half of that figure on its own, when Italy has less of a fifth of the US population and is ten times poorer in terms of GDP per capita

Boris Johnson is being humiliated across the board on the British press and was forced to recant about the actual state of the emergency

20 minutes ago, XXL said:

Boris Johnson is being humiliated across the board on the British press and was forced to recant about the actual state of the emergency

And being, indirectly, read to filth by the WHO.  I really don’t understand the herd immunity approach, considering how little is known about the virus.  

It does worry me, particularly having a partner with diabetes, that essentially they’re intending on the vast majority of people to become infected and HOOE the nation will become immune.  And the increasingly depleted health service is supposed to manage, how? 🤷🏽‍♂️