Coronavirus

MadFan

Hanks and his wife to me are no different than any other poor person that has the virus and or dealing with it.  But it does sort of make it I guess feel more real when someone most people “know” has it 

2 hours ago, XXL said:

Someone should explain to the nutter that even if it's a group of islands the UK is still part of the European continent :crazy: Opting out of the EU is an entirely different thing. Anyway, may the toxic and ridiculous US/UK bromance continue indefinitely and watch US governments draw Britain to the pits with them

And that goes for healthcare, illegal military aggressions so on and so forth

This worries me, it’s indicative of how deep in the US’ pocket we’ll inevitably become post Brexit, from chlorinated chicken and hormones in meat* to, you know, selling off the NHS.

*sorry those from the US, I’m sure the chlorine and hormones are really nice.

3 hours ago, Paul said:

So if youre in Europe (continent) you can just go to london and get a flight to the US??

Yes!!

:lmao: :crazy:

Brilliant plan, innit

7 minutes ago, funkydita said:

This worries me, it’s indicative of how deep in the US’ pocket we’ll inevitably become post Brexit, from chlorinated chicken and hormones in meat* to, you know, selling off the NHS.

*sorry those from the US, I’m sure the chlorine and hormones are really nice.

Totally

29 minutes ago, realityisalways said:

I think they check your passport

It doesn't mean a thing

The 26 (25 if you consider the Italian self-imposed quarantine) EU countries that Trump has banned from entering US soil are part of the Shenghen agreement, meaning you can travel from and to any of those countries with your own national ID card, no passport needed, UK included until Brexit gets finalised, how can they ascertain that any passenger traveling to the US from a British airport hasn't recently been in mainland Europe??

There's no stamping or anything else to prove it. It's dumb and discriminatory as fuck towards Europe as a whole

Let me tell you, US and UK politicians are not taking this whole thing seriously at all, meanwhile they are isolating the only countries that are actually doing something about it

6 minutes ago, XXL said:

It doesn't mean a thing

The 26 (25 if you consider the Italian self-imposed quarantine) EU countries that Trump has banned from entering US soil are part of the Shenghen agreement, meaning you can travel from and to any of those countries with your own national ID card, no passport needed, UK included until Brexit gets finalised, how can they ascertain that any passenger traveling to the US from a British airport hasn't recently been in mainland Europe??

There's no stamping or anything else to prove it. It's dumb and discriminatory as fuck towards Europe as a whole

Let me tell you, US and UK politicians are not taking this whole thing seriously at all, meanwhile they are isolating the only countries that are actually doing something about it

Look who these “leaders” are? Not sure about Boris, but drumpf is a complete moron. Even his professors at Wharton College said he was dumb as a rock (apologies to rocks everywhere). He’s an idiot surrounding himself with other idiots. Boris looks a bit better. Which isn’t saying much. But I don’t know that much about him other than what I’ve seen in the US “newz“. 

3 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

A European travel ban. :lmao:

His only answer to everything is to ban it, deport it, build a wall around it, bully it, or tweet about it.

His ignorance continues to astound me each and every single day. 

👍

Mike Pompeo has renamed the Corona Virus into the Wuhan Virus, doesn't that say it all?

5 minutes ago, Kelmadfan said:

Look who these “leaders” are? Not sure about Boris, but drumpf is a complete moron. Even his professors at Wharton College said he was dumb as a rock (apologies to rocks everywhere). He’s an idiot surrounding himself with other idiots. Boris looks a bit better. Which isn’t saying much. But I don’t know that much about him other than what I’ve seen in the US “newz“. 

He's an idiot too

Only he will occasionally quote from Latin

But the substance is that he's just another useful idiot/puppet

The Danish government has announced an almost complete lockdown of the public sector for the next two weeks:

• All non-essential employees in the public sector should work from home for the next two weeks. If their jobs don't allow them to work from home, they will given paid leave. 
  • All public daycare facilities, schools, universities, cultural institutions, libraries and indoor leisure facilities will be closed for two weeks.
  • Companies are encouraged to ensure that as many people as possible work from home or take leave.
  • All religious institutions and associations have been encouraged to stay closed.
  • Restaurants, cafés and bars etc. have been encouraged to stay closed.
  • All planned procedures in the public health care sector have been put on hold.
  • All indoor gatherings involving more than 100 people will be banned.

22 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

A European travel ban. :lmao:

His only answer to everything is to ban it, deport it, build a wall around it, bully it, or tweet about it.

His ignorance continues to astound me each and every single day. 

He’s disgusting. This whole pandemic was started by him and his stupid actions.

On 3/11/2020 at 3:14 AM, Narendra Sen said:

I'm wondering how the non-French people who went to Madonna's concert on Sunday, March 8, are handling this situation cause I don't really know what to do. Did y'all get checked when you arrived in your home countries? Cause here no one said anything to us at the airport. And the plane from Paris I was in was almost full. Just curious. 

I was in Paris for the 7th March concert (sigh!) and when i come back to Italy on the 9th i did not receive any check in Rome Airport and my palne was full too. On my arrival in Sardinia though there was a very accurate check made by police and since i travelled through Milan on the outward now i'm on forced quarantine for two weeks and unlike the rest of the italian population i can't even go out to reach a grocery store.

1 hour ago, stevenflowers said:

I was in Paris for the 7th March concert (sigh!) and when i come back to Italy on the 9th i did not receive any check in Rome Airport and my palne was full too. On my arrival in Sardinia though there was a very accurate check made by police and since i travelled through Milan on the outward now i'm on forced quarantine for two weeks and unlike the rest of the italian population i can't even go out to reach a grocery store.

I'm now in quarantine for 2 weeks too :lol: 

I eventually talked to my family doctor today and she was like "yup, you'll stay home for a couple of weeks, to be sure"

6 hours ago, Paul said:

So if youre in Europe (continent) you can just go to london and get a flight to the US??

Yes!

Pop onto Eurostar or one of the many ferries!

This level of ignorance and utter stupidity and arrogance makes me SICK in the heart and mind to be honest

I'm more afraid of idiots and clowns like Trump and Johnson "running the world" than afraid of a virus itself

Dow Jones plummets; Ireland shuts down all schools; EU rips Trump travel ban

The coronavirus pandemic triggered a wave of historic measures including a halt on European travel that fueled an outcry from Europe on Thursday and another steep drop for U.S. stocks.

The New York Stock Exchange resumed trading after a brief halt triggered by a 7% decline shortly after the market opened. Also Thursday, President Donald Trump's announcement of a 30-day ban on "all travel" to the U.S. from continental Europe – the U.K. is exempted – drew a sharp rebuttal from the European Union, which lashed out at the “unilateral” decision.

In a joint statement, EU Council President Charles Michel and European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen insisted that the coronavirus pandemic is a “global crisis, not limited to any continent and it requires cooperation."

“The European Union disapproves of the fact that the U.S. decision to impose a travel ban was taken unilaterally and without consultation,” they said.

The duo noted Italy’s nationwide travel lockdown and other measures taken by all the bloc’s 27 members, dismissing Trump’s suggestion that the EU has not done enough in fighting the disease.

Tory MPs self-isolate after minister struck down with coronavirus, as recession warnings issued after Budget

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-live-coronavirus-brexit-trade-commons-budget-latest-a9396296.html

Junior health minister Edward Argar and Tory backbencher Sir Charles Walker are among several MPs self-isolating over concerns about contact with Nadine Dorries, who tested positive for the coronavirus this week.

It comes as Boris Johnson is set to move the UK into the “delay” phase. Criticising the government’s staggered response, former regional director of Public Health England John Ashton accused the “superficial” prime minister of having “no grasp of public health"

Rishi Sunak has defended his Budget amid warnings of a recession, and questioned the usefulness Donald Trump’s move to shut down travel from Europe. The chancellor said the UK would not impose a similar ban, saying there was “no evidence” such measures work.