Coronavirus

MadFan

1 hour ago, Rebel Saviour said:

From Caca daily:

I really love Italy (who doesn't), but I'm kind of disappointed by Stupid Love's performance there, especially since Gaga mentions that she's Italian like every other hour, so this might be like God's punishment or something

Risultato immagini per no comment gif

:lmao:

6 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

These measures are painful but necessary. Lots of people, especially youngsters, still haven't  understood the gravity of the situation, thinking they are on some sort of vacation and they are acting irresponsible.... I fully support the decisions of the Italian government. Staying at home, as far as possible, is the best thing we can do to avoid the spread of the infection and the collapse of our healthcare system (which is the main problem caused by this epidemy).

Well of course :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Andra said:

Yes I actually meant my city, I'm in the central region on the sea side with very few cases here, until a few days ago it was still active full of young people as usual,out and about, going to bars and restaurants, clothing stores. A friend called today and said it's totally deserted, and it's so weird. I ain't getting out of my house to see it tho. I'm so glad they decided to close everything, about time. This should've been done at least 2 weeks ago.

I see, sorry I misread your post, I was really tired  :laugh:

While the spread of the virus is increasing in Europe, it is gradually decreasing in the Hubei province of China where it supposedly all originated from, peak phase possibly reached, maybe those Draconian measures they took were really effective.

The Head of the World Health Organisation has praised the Italian government for the measures of contagion containment undertaken up to this point. Now you discover the exponential spread in other European countries, which haven't carried out checks the way Italy has but that most of all haven't blocked all flights from China, something Italy did almost a month before the first initial outbreak in the small town of Lodi, 20 miles south of Milan. 

Now scientists are saying it is possible this virus was already present in Europe as far back as October

Sending virtual hugs to everyone who is presently impacted by this outbreak — either physically by quarantines or actual illness, or psychologically by the fears and anxieties this situation is creating.

I believe they are saying they won’t have a vaccine approved for use (and deployable) for 12 to 18 months. So ... that is quite frightening. I know we talk about 2 weeks of “social distancing” but that “2 weeks” is only good for knowing you haven’t contracted it after a point of contact. It’s not practical to think we can all self-quarantine ourselves for a year until there is a vaccine. Not sure what to make of that.

I do know, though, that the panic in the US over certain items (toilet paper, masks that are needed by others in the medical community) is ridiculous. I’m not stocking up on anything at the moment. I just know it’s spreading here in the US, too, so I’m a little worried for the most vulnerable in the population.

I wonder if the mortality rate is actually not quite as high as we think, though ... there is a serious issue right now of not being able to get accurate tests. If you don’t know how many people are really infected (and some recover rather than perish), then that affects the percentage. But I’m no mathemetician, so... I should just stick to quoting Madonna lyrics! (Hey, I just did! “More,” anyone? Get it? No? Okay, I’m gonna keep quiet now...)

Some precautions

No Handshaking / Kissing ( greeting )

Use Serving Spoon/ Folk when sharing dishes ( Better yet do not share )

Wash your hands often

Wear Mask ( when you feel sick and is coughing and sneezing ) . We have a mask shortage here in Thailand .

Try to not touch your face too often

Try not to pick your nose.

Avoid large gathering .

Now they are saying to avoid gyms & studios where you might come into contact with other people's body fluids .

In Thailand our Thai New Year ( Water Festival / Our BIGGEST longest holiday /celebration  ) has largely been canceled .

Olympics in Tokyo might be postponed .

Also this is Italy in Lockdown .

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.55.17 PM.png

2 hours ago, peter said:

Sending virtual hugs to everyone who is presently impacted by this outbreak — either physically by quarantines or actual illness, or psychologically by the fears and anxieties this situation is creating

Thank you sweetheart

1 hour ago, Butter9 said:

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.55.17 PM.png

They are talking about extending those measures until past Easter Sunday April 12

If you don't travel carrying the home office permit paper you get jailed for three months plus a hefty fine

10 hours ago, XXL said:

We supposedly have less limitations than the 50,000 people in the Lodi first cluster area. But the Home Office has issued travelling papers for all citizens, you can only leave the house for serious and proven reasons or for work and you have to carry this piece of paper every time you get out the 🏠

https://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/coronavirus-conte-tutta-italia-zona-arancione-come-lombardia-ADaDV8B

Edit

There is no red zone anymore. They call it the orange zone. Train stations in the original first cluster area of 10 small villages around Lodi have been reopened

So the model for that original red zone has basically been extended to the entire country

You can leave the house for these three reasons only:

1.work

2.health issue

3.food provisioning

Public transport hasn't been suspended yet. Italy's Northern hospitals severely impacted and under strain, over 8,000 cases in Italy of which 5,500 in the region of Lombardy alone

24 minutes ago, XXL said:

They are talking about extending those measures until past Easter Sunday April 12

If you don't travel carrying the home office permit paper you get jailed for three months plus a hefty fine

I think it may take strict measures like that in order to stop the spreading of the virus .

_111093879_cough_etiquette_640_3x-nc.png

31 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

I think it may take strict measures like that in order to stop the spreading of the virus .

_111093879_cough_etiquette_640_3x-nc.png

Yes I think a total lockdown from the start like they did in China where the spread of the infection seems to be declining significantly

I'll say this for Italy though, among all EU countries it has certainly been the most virtuous one, other countries haven't carried out nearly a fraction of the tampon testings we have been carrying out in the past three weeks, and before the Lodi area outbreak on Feb 21 there had been positive tests in other European countries. Italy was the first and only EU country to block all flights from China, a month before the actual outbreak

That's why we are seeing an exponential increase in reported positive cases in other European countries only now. I believe in the face of the unknown only contagion containment measures have proven to work

Supposedly they have found patient zero in Germany, and that is a huge step towards the possibility of creating a vaccine or medication. But they said they'd already found patient zero in the Lodi area and he ultimately turned out to be negative and not the one to infect patient 1, a 38yo Unilever manager from the Lodi area, just out of intensive care now

They had met for dinner after supposed patient zero returned from a business trip to Shanghai mid January

4 cases reported in Bulgaria sofar. They might be much more. They do extensive testing now. I was planning to go to Napoli and Rome next month. Of course, I m not going. Hopefully this dies down with all the measures taken and with the coming of spring...

16 minutes ago, XXL said:

Yes I think a total lockdown from the start like they did in China where the spread of the infection seems to be declining significantly

I'll say this for Italy though, among all EU countries it has certainly been the most virtuous one, other countries haven't carried out nearly a fraction of the tampon testings we have been carrying out in the past three weeks, and before the Lodi area outbreak on Feb 21 there had been positive tests in other European countries. Italy was the first and only EU country to block all flights from China, a month before the actual outbreak

That's why we are seeing an exponential increase in reported positive cases in other European countries only now. I believe in the face of the unknown only contagion containment measures have proven to work

Supposedly they have found patient zero in Germany, and that is a huge step towards the possibility of creating a vaccine or medication. But they said they'd already found patient zero in the Lodi area and he ultimately turned out to be negative and not the one to infect patient 1, a 38yo Unilever manager from the Lodi area, just out of intensive care now

They had met for dinner after supposed patient zero returned from a business trip to Shanghai mid January

Sometimes when am reading all these news and infos I feel like am watching a movie .

I was really worried about Italy when the Lombardi outbreak was announced but when the authority started banning sport events like football etc it seemed to me that they got it . ( I think in the beginning they let the football teams play in an empty stadium before officially banning it altogether). 

Do you think they will ever find the vaccine ? I don't think they are going to find it within this year.

In Thailand last week we were faced with the problem of returning Thai workers who entered S Korea illegally and  were now returning home for fear of catching Covid-19 . The government did not have a proper plan to deal with them or even returning Thai citizens who had visited high-risk countries . It was a nightmare .I mean not all people are going self quarantined unless you make it mandatory .

Our latest cases are a 41 yo woman who had been in contact with a confirmed case patient  and a couple who have just returned from a trip to Italy . Health Minister is asking the public to avoid European travels all together .

We now have total of 53 confirmed cases with one fatality , 19 still in recovery and 33 people have fully recovered from the virus .

Wash your hands but business as usual

Boris Johnson

:megamanson:

Federico Gatti

Italian journalist

Mediaset London correspondent

29 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

Sometimes when am reading all these news and infos I feel like am watching a movie .

I was really worried about Italy when the Lombardi outbreak was announced but when the authority started banning sport events like football etc it seemed to me that they got it . ( I think in the beginning they let the football teams play in an empty stadium before officially banning it altogether). 

Do you think they will ever find the vaccine ? I don't think they are going to find it within this year.

In Thailand last week we were faced with the problem of returning Thai workers who entered S Korea illegally and  were now returning home for fear of catching Covid-19 . The government did not have a proper plan to deal with them or even returning Thai citizens who had visited high-risk countries . It was a nightmare .I mean not all people are going self quarantined unless you make it mandatory .

Our latest cases are a 41 yo woman who had been in contact with a confirmed case patient  and a couple who have just returned from a trip to Italy . Health Minister is asking the public to avoid European travels all together .

We now have total of 53 confirmed cases with one fatality , 19 still in recovery and 33 people have fully recovered from the virus .

They said it will take at least 18 months to found, ready and test a vaccine, sadly

2 hours ago, XXL said:

They said it will take at least 18 months to found, ready and test a vaccine, sadly

I heard that too . I also heard that they're hoping for a warm spring / hot summer as the virus doesn't thrive in hot climate .

2 hours ago, XXL said:

I know right  😞

😔

I had a trip to Rome this coming weekend so that is cancelled now. Hopefully my flights will be refunded.

But I couldn't go anyway as I've had a really awful cold and throat infection for the past week. I'm now self isolating for 7 days on the orders of my doctor and employer (I'm a frontline NHS worker).

5 hours ago, Butter9 said:

I heard that too . I also heard that they're hoping for a warm spring / hot summer as the virus doesn't thrive in hot climate .

😔

Yes. And apparently Vitamin C and Zinc work wonders with some of the patients

1 hour ago, nightcutter said:

I had a trip to Rome this coming weekend so that is cancelled now. Hopefully my flights will be refunded.

But I couldn't go anyway as I've had a really awful cold and throat infection for the past week. I'm now self isolating for 7 days on the orders of my doctor and employer (I'm a frontline NHS worker).

Keep safe and best wishes

Hugs to everyone closely affected

This is some scary sh!t. I’m older and was warned by doctor weeks ago “don’t get sick”. I’m very underweight and she said any little infection could be a disaster. I’ve stocked up and hoping for the best. Got a lot of Madonna’s videos. 

But seriously, everyone take precautions according to your particular area. My little town (USA) is already out of hand sanitizer & rubbing alcohol. Especially in countries like the USA which is deliberately under-reporting cases because there are very few testing kits. Dump had restricted the USA from getting them from the WHO. Which is lunacy. The first batch from the CDC were defective. So is pretty effing scary. There are hotspots in CA, WA, DC metro, NYC areas. As well as at least 1 case reported in about 21 states. It spreads exponentially. It’s said 3 members congress were in contact with someone known to be infected. Maybe even Drump and Pence. We just don’t know for sure at this time. They were at an AIPAC meeting. 

Italy got on the ball. Iran, not so much. And it’s affecting their very leadership! Europe as a whole seems to be doing s better job than the USA. 

It’s gonna get worse before it gets better, sadly. 

@XXL Thinking of you. 🙏🏻

Everybody Please be safe. 💜

3 minutes ago, Kelmadfan said:

This is some scary sh!t. I’m older and was warned by doctor weeks ago “don’t get sick”. I’m very underweight and she said any little infection could be a disaster. I’ve stocked up and hoping for the best. Got a lot of Madonna’s videos. 

But seriously, everyone take precautions according to your particular area. My little town (USA) is already out of hand sanitizer & rubbing alcohol. Especially in countries like the USA which is deliberately under-reporting cases because there are very few testing kits. Dump had restricted the USA from getting them from the WHO. Which is lunacy. The first batch from the CDC were defective. So is pretty effing scary. There are hotspots in CA, WA, DC metro, NYC areas. As well as at least 1 case reported in around 21 states. It spreads exponentially. 

Italy got on the ball. Iran, not so much. And it’s affecting their very leadership! 

It’s gonna get worse before it gets better, sadly. 

@XXL Thinking of you. 🙏🏻

Please be safe. 💜

Thinking of you and @elijah too

Let's all keep ourselves and others safe

Precautions and all but no panick

1 minute ago, XXL said:

Thinking of you and @elijah too

Let's all keep ourselves and others safe

Precautions and all but no panick

Exactly! Panicking does no good. Just be prepared. Being Proactive, is how I like to look at it. 🙏🏻