Coronavirus

MadFan

9 hours ago, Morrigan said:

An early February article and the flu wishes ^^^ Death rate for this virus is now 3.4 percent. . . . Say if 1,000 kids in a school have it, 34 will die. 

It has been proved and reported it's not lethal for kids

10 hours ago, Morrigan said:

An early February article and the flu wishes ^^^ Death rate for this virus is now 3.4 percent. . . . Say if 1,000 kids in a school have it, 34 will die. 

If there a 100 people in a room ... :lmao: 

42 minutes ago, runa said:

Yess but without any outward symptoms they can pass it on to their parents and the elderly who are most vulnerable .. . Whyd you tthink Italy has already shut down all its schools. ..At this rate, thered be 34 dead in a nursing home of 1,,000 

1 hour ago, runa said:

It’s 2020, so don't bring scientific facts to people. They prefer to remain in mass hysteria by taking their QUALITY news on Facebook or Twitter.

As of today It’s it Montgomery County, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, DC. 3 tested positive. A 50 yo woman and a 70 yo couple who’d been overseas. 

1 in North Carolina. 

DOW loses over 1000 points. 

people are not filling planes. Airlines are Now offering deals! 

8 hours ago, runa said:

Complacency and Disinformation are just as dangerous.. .... The opinion writer here says the mortality rate is “1 percent or less”. Official rate from the WHO is 3.4 percent, higher if we uncover the real number of dead bodies in China

Edited by Morrigan

2 hours ago, Supernatural said:

OMG she wrapped a scarf around the container where her neck should be. 

It's scary what a lesson this is in how much control media has over people. 

This X 1m

16 hours ago, Kelmadfan said:

As of today It’s it Montgomery County, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, DC. 3 tested positive. A 50 yo woman and a 70 yo couple who’d been overseas. 

1 in North Carolina. 

DOW loses over 1000 points. 

people are not filling planes. Airlines are Now offering deals! 

I live in Montgomery County. Yikes

On 3/6/2020 at 5:25 AM, Morrigan said:

Complacency and Disinformation are just as dangerous.. .... The opinion writer here says the mortality rate is “1 percent or less”. Official rate from the WHO is 3.4 percent, higher if we uncover the real number of dead bodies in China

+1 -

some people are way above that obviously, their opinion is higher and almighty more important of course, nevermind that there are people dying of this virus and the dead are increasing, nevermind that some people are worried scared about their dying parents and there is nothing they can do. Selfish complacency by snotty arrogant people.

On 3/5/2020 at 6:57 AM, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I process Amazon Prime orders at Whole Foods. A female shopper yesterday noticed me scanning stuff and heard me muttering to myself “WTF almost everything is gone!” She started talking to me saying people are acting ridiculous with the bulk buying and that she came to the store just to buy a few cans of vegetables for dinner. I jokingly said “Hey whatever you see you might as well buy it now because you won’t see it again for a long time since this Coronavirus shopper mayhem is getting worse each day.” She was amused and seemed cool unlike the really crazy people I’ve seen there lately.

I then left to go look for stuff to scan for orders in other aisles. Later on a coworker who was also in that aisle told me that right after I left the  aisle, the lady freaked out big time and made a big scene. She proceeded to massively fill up a shopping cart with 100+ cans like she was on a TV game show shopping spree!  :rotfl: She ran around throwing in a bunch of cans without looking at what the products actually were and bought enough canned corn to last a couple years! :wacko:

CompassionateRespectfulIndri-size_restri

LMFAO :dead:

The Italian government has extended the red zone from the original Lodi area of 50,000 inhabitants potentially at risk, to the entire regions of Lombardy plus towns in Emilia, Veneto (Venice being its main city) and Piemonte (Turin's region).

16 million people "quarantined", nobody can enter or leave the above mentioned areas till April 3 until further notice.

No funerals nor weddings allowed, schools and universities closed, sporting events cancelled, everything has been shut down, social interaction has to be as limited as possible, restaurants, hotels, clubs, movie theatres have to comply with the measures taken, bars can only operate from 7 till 6pm, no bar counter service, only table service.

The Duomo Cathedral has reopened but tourists can only get inside in small numbers and at specific timed intervals

I have never seen Milan like this, it's like a movie, a real life ghost town of 1.5m people

On 3/6/2020 at 10:54 PM, Kurt420 said:

And WTF Febreeze gonna do!? Make your fabric smell good while you're dying from it?? People are so fucking whack.

I wonder what people fighting over toilet paper and mindlessly filling up their carts with pasta and mineral water will do should their areas, God forbid, come to a lockdown phase if this is how they behave now. Tragic

I really don´t know who´s right and who´s wrong. Is italy over reacting? are we being stupid not doing anything serious? there´s a region in spain surrounded by police because a fam,ily of gipsies is infected.they were infected in a funeral here in the basque country.I really found all the crazyness funny in the beginning, but now... I really don´t know

7 hours ago, Gaudet said:

+1 -

some people are way above that obviously, their opinion is higher and almighty more important of course, nevermind that there are people dying of this virus and the dead are increasing, nevermind that some people are worried scared about their dying parents and there is nothing they can do. Selfish complacency by snotty arrogant people.

Right!! It’s also irresponsible journalism to give out outdated information like that, just to get ego-stroking column inches in the opinions or Q&A sections. And people rest easy that it rarely kills toddlers, as if dying seniors and patients with underlying conditions are nothing to worry about? !!

Edited by Morrigan