Coronavirus

MadFan

2 hours ago, XXL said:

She's the worst of the worst

Really

I have no more words for this overpaid clown

conte-durso-638x425.jpg

È passata da dare del lei a dare del tu e poi di nuovo del lei al primo ministro della quarta economia europea e sesta nel mondo nel giro di cinque minuti, gesticolando come una scema col suo (brutto) vestitino rosa e i suoi riflettori accecanti, persino sottolineando che lei "per fortuna" ha aggiunto, la domenica sera ha milioni e milioni di ascoltatori.

Questa è la cultura che abbiamo in Italia. Calcio e Barbara D'Urso. Poi la gente si lamenta ...

She's a mess, I know.:lmao:The italian version of Wendy Williams.:chuckle:

17 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

She's a mess, I know.:lmao:The italian version of Wendy Williams.:chuckle:

Totally

Much worse than Wendy Williams in fact. Using such a serious issue to draw attention to yourself is pathetic and deplorable

C.D.C. Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the U.S.

Clusters of infection are likely in American communities, health officials said. Some lawmakers questioned whether the nation is prepared.

25VIRUS-CDC-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg?quality

The coronavirus almost certainly will begin spreading in communities in the United States, and Americans should begin preparations now, officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Tuesday.

“It’s not so much of a question of if this will happen anymore but rather more of a question of exactly when this will happen,” Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said in a news briefing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/health/coronavirus-us.html

12 minutes ago, XXL said:

Totally

Much worse than Wendy Williams in fact. Using such a serious issue to draw attention to yourself is pathetic and deplorable

CovidCarmelita57 is in fact a much more dangerous virus and it has been infecting Italy for years.:lmao:

Risultato immagini per Barbara Col cuore gif

:rotfl::chuckle::lmao:

On 2/23/2020 at 12:41 AM, XXL said:

Yes, because the West never tells lies

Please

What does that have to do with my comment? This is popping up in more and more countries and the death toll continues to rise. Pretending it’s nothing is just as dangerous as automatically assuming it’s the end of the world

30 minutes ago, PDC717 said:

What does that have to do with my comment? This is popping up in more and more countries and the death toll continues to rise. Pretending it’s nothing is just as dangerous as automatically assuming it’s the end of the world

Nobody is pretending it's not a situation of concern. Precautions must obviously be taken, especially when facing the unknown.

But as an Italian citizen living in Milan I can tell you that the Italian media has a general tendency to amplify and distort this type of events and that can only be counterproductive for the entire population.

Unfortunately there have already been consequences of it . The supermarkets scenes are just hysterical and unjustified. Period. And that is the least important example I could list

Like I said previously, the head of one of the most important infective disease hospital lab in Europe located here has conveyed the same impressions that luckily many people here share and she firmly condemned this type of attitude. 

Good news: a COVID-19 positive chinese couple hospitalized at Spallanzani in Rome has tested negative for coronavirus today. (It was the first confirmed case of coronavirus in Italy). An italian reasearcher coming from China was also successfully cured there.

.https://www.adnkronos.com/fatti/cronaca/2020/02/26/coronavirus-spallanzani-negativa-donna-della-coppia-cinese_3lWcDfwLvEFE1PCIW99kEO.html

46 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Good news: a COVID-19 positive chinese couple hospitalized at Spallanzani in Rome has tested negative for coronavirus today. (It was the first confirmed case of coronavirus in Italy). An italian reasearcher coming from China was also successfully cured there.

.https://www.adnkronos.com/fatti/cronaca/2020/02/26/coronavirus-spallanzani-negativa-donna-della-coppia-cinese_3lWcDfwLvEFE1PCIW99kEO.html

👏 :clap:

On 2/26/2020 at 12:02 AM, XXL said:

This is just awful  😞

Both cases were awful . I didn't know it could happen until it happened to me . It was odd feeling .

On 2/26/2020 at 12:17 AM, XXL said:

But of course

I agree on the precautions front

We should never take anything for granted

Especially when you don't exactly know where something is coming from, how it originated, how it spread in the first place, the odd and sometimes unlinked chain of contagions, some people are asymptomatic and some have tested positive then negative again and since the genome has been isolated but there's no internationally patented, standardized testing system and no medicine known to cure it or any vaccine available yet

All I'm saying is the Italian media is overdramatizing the entire situation and people are generally already inclined by nature to fall prey of panicking and fear.

Ransacking supermarkets on a Sunday afternoon was not justified, if anything, given how this virus supposedly spreads, aerobically, it was the dumb thing to do for all those people to flock to a single space and to share it for hours and hours of unjustified frenzy as if we were on the brink of WW3 and no food would be going to be available for a while

Even the head of the main and internationally esteemed Milan laboratory where they have been tirelessly processing thousands of tampons day and night during the past five days has also expressed grave concerns about how the Italian media specifically is handling and representing the entire situation

The bad news is it is super contagious . The good news is that it can be treated and cured . We had a case in Thailand recently when a elderly man and woman traveled to Hokkaido , Japan . Came back . Got sick and went to hospital but lied to the doctors and nurses about their travel history . They infected their nephew who then went to school unknowingly for a full day . His whole class is now under quarantine .Their son who works in a bank also went to work but he's not infected but everybody in the bank is now in quarantine . And that was just from two people .

So you know it's spreading faster than SARS but not as  deadly but no we are not at the brink of WW3 with no food or the world will be like World War Z .

21 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

It's spreading faster than SARS but not as deadly but no we are not at the brink of WW3 with no food or the world will be like World War Z .

Yep

22 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

We had a case in Thailand recently when a elderly man and woman traveled to Hokkaido , Japan . Came back . Got sick and went to hospital but lied to the doctors and nurses about their travel history . They infected their nephew who then went to school unknowingly for a full day . His whole class is now under quarantine .Their son who works in a bank also went to work but he's not infected but everybody in the bank is now in quarantine . And that was just from two people .

Idiots

Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte called for calm and less sensationalist reporting on Tuesday.

"It's time to turn down the tone, we need to stop panic," he said, according to Italian newspaper La Repubblica. The paper added that he had asked the chief executive of public broadcaster Rai to tone down its reporting of the virus.

He also sought to reassure the public who are worried about school closures and food running out, after panic buying led to empty supermarket shelves in some towns.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/02/26/italy-coronavirus-prompts-prime-minister-conte-to-call-for-calm.html

22 hours ago, Butter9 said:

Both cases were awful . I didn't know it could happen until it happened to me . It was odd feeling .

The bad news is it is super contagious . The good news is that it can be treated and cured . We had a case in Thailand recently when a elderly man and woman traveled to Hokkaido , Japan . Came back . Got sick and went to hospital but lied to the doctors and nurses about their travel history . They infected their nephew who then went to school unknowingly for a full day . His whole class is now under quarantine .Their son who works in a bank also went to work but he's not infected but everybody in the bank is now in quarantine . And that was just from two people .

So you know it's spreading faster than SARS but not as  deadly but no we are not at the brink of WW3 with no food or the world will be like World War Z .

I knew it! This kinda shit only happens in Thailand. I'm not sure why they had to travel when there's a warning. This guy and his wife should be put in jail!

We have Mike Pence taking care of it in America now, so it seems Coronavirus has been cancelled here. He did terrific things with hiv as governor in Indiana, afterall, and also had some really intelligent and well informed thoughts about smoking in the early 00’s.

We are in fantastic hands with Mike. I’m sure he’s busy “praying on it.” 

On 2/24/2020 at 3:39 PM, horn said:

Remember, you must rest.

Take meds for fever.

Always monitor your temperature.

Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.

Force yourself to eat even if you don't have the appetite 'cos you need the energy to fight back.

thank you!

I think I made it per today :chuckle: 

been a rough week

On 2/27/2020 at 12:45 PM, XXL said:

Idiots

Yep ! 

On 2/27/2020 at 12:46 PM, XXL said:

Absolutely

Am keeping my fingers crossed and my mask firmly on my face .

9 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

I knew it! This kinda shit only happens in Thailand. I'm not sure why they had to travel when there's a warning. This guy and his wife should be put in jail!

Not just in Thailand . Look at the people on the Westerdam and other cruise ships. People travel for different reasons . In this case the couple didn't want to waste their non-changeable /non- refundable tickets and /or they didn't think it would happen to them  . People are still travelling to risky countries because the tickets are super cheap now .We need full cooperation from hotels ( they sometimes refuse to give refunds for advanced purchase bookings ) , travel agencies as well as airlines to stop the spears of the virus . 

15 hours ago, ctg12 said:

We have Mike Pence taking care of it in America now, so it seems Coronavirus has been cancelled here. He did terrific things with hiv as governor in Indiana, afterall, and also had some really intelligent and well informed thoughts about smoking in the early 00’s.

We are in fantastic hands with Mike. I’m sure he’s busy “praying on it.” 

😂

6 hours ago, Butter9 said:

Not just in Thailand. Look at the people on the Westerdam and other cruise ships. People travel for different reasons . In this case the couple didn't want to waste their non-changeable /non- refundable tickets and /or they didn't think it would happen to them  . People are still travelling to risky countries because the tickets are super cheap now .We need full cooperation from hotels ( they sometimes refuse to give refunds for advanced purchase bookings ) , travel agencies as well as airlines to stop the spears of the virus

👍  👍

The latest patient diagnosed with the coronavirus in England is the first to catch it in the UK

It is unclear whether this was directly or indirectly from someone who recently returned from abroad, England's chief medical officer said.

The man is a resident of Surrey who had not been abroad recently himself.

It takes the total number of UK cases to 20 and comes after a British man in his 70s became the first UK citizen to die from the virus.

That man, who lived abroad, had been taken to hospital in Japan after catching coronavirus on the Diamond Princess cruise ship, which was quarantined off the port of Yokohama earlier this month.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51683428