U.S. and Iran conflict

Camacho

18 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Oh God :zombie:

8C04A31D-842E-4190-BDC4-723AD14523DE.jpeg

Lies lies, excuses

Killing a foreign high ranking official abroad, with zero legal international mandate constitutes in fact a declaration of war. The UN is officially dead. Iraq part Deux, Libya, Syria etc etc have taught nothing to the mighty West have they. Keep machoing and butchering your way through the world with ZERO second planning whatsoever

Iran was on the cards just like all the other Middle Eastern countries attacked unilaterally and illegally by all International standards (with the occasional help of the UK) long before 9/11 even "happened"

Meanwhile, keep pouring money into sick Saudi Arabia, Israel, the US and the UK that is. It's just crazy

17 hours ago, XXL said:

Lies lies, excuses

Killing a foreign high ranking official abroad, with zero legal international mandate constitutes in fact a declaration of war. The UN is officially dead. Iraq part Deux, Libya, Syria etc etc have taught nothing to the mighty West have they. Keep machoing and butchering your way through the world with ZERO second planning whatsoever

Iran was on the cards just like all the other Middle Eastern countries attacked unilaterally and illegally by all International standards (with the occasional help of the UK) long before 9/11 even "happened"

Meanwhile, keep pouring money into sick Saudi Arabia, Israel, the US and the UK that is. It's just crazy

UN has been impotent for a while. 

The chest thumping from Trump and his party over all of this is sickening. The fake patriotism and flag hugging from these deplorable's who are willing to sacrifice American lives in the name of FREEDOM (!!) is same kind of spin that was used in the build up to the Iraq War. 

SUPPORT OUR PRESIDENT. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS. PRAY FOR AMERICA. THEY RISK THEIR LIVES SO YOU CAN HAVE FREEDOM.

It's all so sad and predictable. Having Bush in charge of another conflict in the Middle East was dangerous and horrifying enough. Having Trump in charge of one is downright apocalyptic. 

8 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

The chest thumping from Trump and his party over all of this is sickening. The fake patriotism and flag hugging from these deplorable's who are willing to sacrifice American lives in the name of FREEDOM (!!) is same kind of spin that was used in the build up to the Iraq War. 

SUPPORT OUR PRESIDENT. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS. PRAY FOR AMERICA. THEY RISK THEIR LIVES SO YOU CAN HAVE FREEDOM.

It's all so sad and predictable. Having Bush in charge of another conflict in the Middle East was dangerous and horrifying enough. Having Trump in charge of one is downright apocalyptic. 

There is not one hint of intelligence, diplomacy, restraint or rational reasoning in any speech Trump gives.  It is staggering how his party continues to defend and support him.  A skilled, diplomatic and intelligent leader could at least speak without coming across as a dangerous,  lying, gloating moron when talking of possible war.  It is very frightening that so many of today's "leaders"  are so offensive, stupid, openly untruthful and reckless.  There are enough dangerous dictators in the world without democratic countries having them as their leaders as well.  Truly terrifying and what makes it worse is it is becoming the new "normal"   No one is even shocked anymore by Trump, Boris etc.  If Watergate happened today,  people would be yelling "fake news"  and defending Trump and calling it a witch hunt.  Nixon resigned in disgrace and his own party recognised the corruption when it was exposed.  Just imagine it that happened today. He would be pitied, defended and the press would be blamed for telling the truth.   It is a dreadful slippery slope the world is in when someone can be continually caught out lying, being corrupt etc and people just shrug it off. 

On 1/5/2020 at 2:24 AM, I Don’t Search I Find said:

This will be her last term as a congresswoman from district 13. I will vote you out!

I need someone to explain all this to me. The Australian government has been saying in the past few days that we are not withdrawing the australian troops that are in iraq because we need to "stay the course" - I can't even remember why we are there (Oh! was it WMDs?), but Im pretty sure the reason was not to have a war with iran? Is Iran supporting ISIS? Is Russia supporting Iran? I'm a bit worried as I have friends that live in Oman, Qatar and UAE, including airline crew that routinely fly over Iran. I hope Iran knows that most people in 'the west' dont want war. (Im not a big fan of sanctions either). What's the solution?

7 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

This will be her last term as a congresswoman from district 13. I will vote you out!

Because what she said is technically correct? Ever heard of the Geneva convention and other treaties that deal with humanitarian treatment in war? Bombing cultural sites is a war crime. Period. Besides that, bombing and therefore destroying cultural sites puts the US in very bad company. The first things The Tabliban and ISIS did, was destroying heritage sites. 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

I need someone to explain all this to me. The Australian government has been saying in the past few days that we are not withdrawing the australian troops that are in iraq because we need to "stay the course" - I can't even remember why we are there (Oh! was it WMDs?), but Im pretty sure the reason was not to have a war with iran? Is Iran supporting ISIS? Is Russia supporting Iran? I'm a bit worried as I have friends that live in Oman, Qatar and UAE, including airline crew that routinely fly over Iran. I hope Iran knows that most people in 'the west' dont want war. (Im not a big fan of sanctions either). What's the solution?

Isn't most of the western forces in Iraq since the Iraq war? I think they are, still "helping" building local police, arm forces etc. Iran is NOT supporting ISIS, actually ISIS is very anti Iran. Why? Most muslims are sunni muslims (ISIS, Saudis, Turkey, Egypt) while Iran is shia. There are shia muslims in all states around the Persian gulf  (Iran has been a huge empire since the time of ancient Greece) seen as Irans fifth columns. The big dispute over there is between Iran and Saudi Arabia (in Yemen too for example) and its under Saudis influence that ISIS was formed (ISIS is ultra conservative muslim sect believing everything must be like it was in the Mohamed time - 7th century like Saudi Wahabism and Salafism). Russia is very friendly and close to Iran, I dont know if it is supporting it right now, I guess yes, since Putin wants to end the dominance of the West.

4 hours ago, Paul said:

Is Iran supporting ISIS? - No. In fact, Iran provided western nations, the US among them, with Information through backchannel communication. On this matter the recently killed Soleimani was an even ally.  

Is Russia supporting Iran? - Of Course. Add China. The enemy of my enemy, is my friend. 

Here is the truth. There should not have been a war in Iraq in the first place. There was simply no justification. Unfortunately only France and Germany said NO back then. And remember how they were scolded by the US for it? Remember the "coalition of the willing"? The whole Invasion together with the interference in other parts and a complete ignorance and lack of understanding of the life and politics in the near and far east has destabilized the whole region and have created the situation people are in right now. All of this is the direct result of a failed US policy for decades now in all parts of the world. The US made the Taliban strong in Afganistan in their fight against the Soviets by providing weapons to them (now they are at war with them, a war they can't get out of), the US has basically created ISIS. The list goes on and on. And Iran is a particular example how vindictive the US are. It basically goes back to the hostage situation at the US Embassy in 1979. Which was a direct result of the US, granting asylum to the much hated Shah after the revolution. Ever since the US are going for a regime change there. Of course, it is really helpful that most (well, the Repulican) presidents are not really bright and need advisors. And we all know how this worked out in the past with advisors that have had their very own agenda (mostly for ecomonic reasons, war and oil are promising huge profits). People should read or watch some documentaries about the history of Iran (Persia) to understand that the narrative of the US Government can be seen as extreme manipulation in order to make US citizens believe Iran is nothing but a terrorist, islamic country. I bet most people believe that Iran is an Arab country. And you know how the average US brain works, thanks to Fox News and Co.: Arab = Muslim = Terrorist. Interestingly, no one ever questions Saudi Arabia over their the human rights record based on their religion, the most extreme form of Islam. But hey, they are allies. Which means they are buying US weapons for billions, the crown prince (seen everywhere else as a murderer) is a friend of Trump and his "I will bring peace to Israel and Palestine" son in law Jared Kushner. And they are socially progressive. Women can drive a car now and cinemas are showing Marvel movies. So all is good. The hypocrisy makes me wanna throw up.

In case the US go to war with Iran, I predict there will be no allies to join them. No matter if they call for NATO, the very organisation the US believe is useless. Every government that will send troops to support the US will commit political suicide. There is absolutely no support around the globe for such a war. There'll be demonstrations / riots of proportions never seen before. I wonder if the US even realize how isolated there are. And all of this is self-inflicted. 

2 hours ago, elijah said:

Isn't most of the western forces in Iraq since the Iraq war? I think they are, still "helping" building local police, arm forces etc. Iran is NOT supporting ISIS, actually ISIS is very anti Iran. Why? Most muslims are sunni muslims (ISIS, Saudis, Turkey, Egypt) while Iran is shia. There are shia muslims in all states around the Persian gulf  (Iran has been a huge empire since the time of ancient Greece) seen as Irans fifth columns. The big dispute over there is between Iran and Saudi Arabia (in Yemen too for example) and its under Saudis influence that ISIS was formed (ISIS is ultra conservative muslim sect believing everything must be like it was in the Mohamed time - 7th century like Saudi Wahabism and Salafism). Russia is very friendly and close to Iran, I dont know if it is supporting it right now, I guess yes, since Putin wants to end the dominance of the West.

Great explanation. 

A few days ago, Iraqs parliament voted that all foreign troups have to leave. I think the Germans are already out. They did not support the US in the invasion. Germany later sent troops on request of Iraq to train police and armed forces, to provide assistance in re-building Iraq, just as you mentioned above.

17 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Big deal! I’ll be voting for her along with my uncle who just became a U.S. citizen. :queenbitch:

On 1/11/2020 at 12:45 AM, reQuiem4adream said:

What did she say that is uncorrect ? She only stated the truth, so please explain. 

On 1/11/2020 at 2:09 PM, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Is Iran supporting ISIS? - No. In fact, Iran provided western nations, the US among them, with Information through backchannel communication. On this matter the recently killed Soleimani was an even ally.  

Is Russia supporting Iran? - Of Course. Add China. The enemy of my enemy, is my friend. 

Here is the truth. There should not have been a war in Iraq in the first place. There was simply no justification. Unfortunately only France and Germany said NO back then. And remember how they were scolded by the US for it? Remember the "coalition of the willing"? The whole Invasion together with the interference in other parts and a complete ignorance and lack of understanding of the life and politics in the near and far east has destabilized the whole region and have created the situation people are in right now. All of this is the direct result of a failed US policy for decades now in all parts of the world. The US made the Taliban strong in Afganistan in their fight against the Soviets by providing weapons to them (now they are at war with them, a war they can't get out of), the US has basically created ISIS. The list goes on and on. And Iran is a particular example how vindictive the US are. It basically goes back to the hostage situation at the US Embassy in 1979. Which was a direct result of the US, granting asylum to the much hated Shah after the revolution. Ever since the US are going for a regime change there. Of course, it is really helpful that most (well, the Repulican) presidents are not really bright and need advisors. And we all know how this worked out in the past with advisors that have had their very own agenda (mostly for ecomonic reasons, war and oil are promising huge profits). People should read or watch some documentaries about the history of Iran (Persia) to understand that the narrative of the US Government can be seen as extreme manipulation in order to make US citizens believe Iran is nothing but a terrorist, islamic country. I bet most people believe that Iran is an Arab country. And you know how the average US brain works, thanks to Fox News and Co.: Arab = Muslim = Terrorist. Interestingly, no one ever questions Saudi Arabia over their the human rights record based on their religion, the most extreme form of Islam. But hey, they are allies. Which means they are buying US weapons for billions, the crown prince (seen everywhere else as a murderer) is a friend of Trump and his "I will bring peace to Israel and Palestine" son in law Jared Kushner. And they are socially progressive. Women can drive a car now and cinemas are showing Marvel movies. So all is good. The hypocrisy makes me wanna throw up.

In case the US go to war with Iran, I predict there will be no allies to join them. No matter if they call for NATO, the very organisation the US believe is useless. Every government that will send troops to support the US will commit political suicide. There is absolutely no support around the globe for such a war. There'll be demonstrations / riots of proportions never seen before. I wonder if the US even realize how isolated there are. And all of this is self-inflicted. 

Totally

And by the way I'd like to add that Israel, Gulf Countries (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman etc, who are factually and mainstream recognisedly linked to 9/11 by the way) and the Sunnite element of Islam are the worst.

But all US governments and its intelligence agencies, plus the UK and other European countries with the addition of the Vatican and the Jesuits in particular are accomplices to this great hypocrisy. See Yemen, among most recent citable examples

And as for Syria? A millennial and culturally rich civilization where Christian minorities have always been respected. That's the Shiite part of Islam. But no way the enemy is those fucking ugly inside and out Saudi Royals who stone people to death and throw them off buildings, to whom all the West bows down to, including the British Royal family, in fact, starting with them

Our own western governments have been acting recklessly, hipocritically and with total unaccountability and impunity over many of these issues for decades, with the excuse of "protecting the people" (from an enemy of their own creation and their own fruition). 

Many people lap all the bs up. But yes "we are exporting democracy", dream on