Australia's devastating fires

3 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Truly devastating. I can’t look at those horrible pictures of animals burnt. 😔😭😭😭

Same those pictures are heart breaking!😔😕😟🙁☹️😢😭

❤️

This is so sad. I love Australia . Stay safe and strong everyone .

Can't anything be done at all ???

Hell has frozen over! I didn't realise Piers could actually do something worthwhile, saying what most sensible people are saying here. I don't know who this politician is, but I am so embarrassed to say he is representative of so many idiots in power here. What a complete moron.

@Butter9 we really need a lot of rain right now. The fires are too significant to be extinguished using normal methods unfortunately. We can only try and control to stop spread and damage to infrastructure etc.. There has been a little rain in the last day, but much more is needed. And once the fires are out, we will need lots of rain quickly and a comprehensive regeneration plan to have any chance of returning things to the way they were. I'll be interested to hear about what long term impact this has on biodiversity.

I’m so sorry for the wonderful and beautiful country of Australia dealing with these massive fires. Wildlife and people are in harms way and dying. It’s heartbreaking beyond all nightmares. @Jazzy Jan and everyone in Australia has my prayers and love sent to y’all. 💜😢🙏🏻

I read the smoke from these fires have reached Chile! 😪

3 hours ago, San said:

Hell has frozen over! I didn't realise Piers could actually do something worthwhile, saying what most sensible people are saying here. I don't know who this politician is, but I am so embarrassed to say he is representative of so many idiots in power here. What a complete moron.

@Butter9 we really need a lot of rain right now. The fires are too significant to be extinguished using normal methods unfortunately. We can only try and control to stop spread and damage to infrastructure etc.. There has been a little rain in the last day, but much more is needed. And once the fires are out, we will need lots of rain quickly and a comprehensive regeneration plan to have any chance of returning things to the way they were. I'll be interested to hear about what long term impact this has on biodiversity.

@San Please take good care . I hope they have a future preventative plan in place . Something that could be built into the infrastructure. How can this not be about Climate Change ? 

11 hours ago, San said:

San,  first time ever,  I have agreed with that horrible Piers but he was spot on in this instance and have to give credit where it is due.  Thought for once he was impressive.  As you said,  hell has frozen over !   Why on earth Craig Kelly keeps appearing on tv is beyond me.  Just embarrassing that he is also sprouting his rubbish on international tv for all to hear.  

This government is appalling and I am shocked by just how many are still climate change deniers.  It reminds me of how people for years listened to the tobacco companies who influenced so many to claim that anyone saying that cigarettes were addictive and dangerous were lying.  Seen some great documentaries on it and it is staggering and infuriating.  Same happening now.  Really strange too how anyone I know that is staunchly right wing are massive climate change deniers.   I was speaking to a woman the other day,  who blamed the fires all on the greens and was sprouting the same rubbish that the Murdoch papers and idiots like Alan Jones,  Kerri-Anne and Andrew Bolt were claiming.  Plus with these people again trying to blame the greens,  it has been proven that the Greens supported back burning practices so it is all a dreadful lie anyway that they blocked that happening.  Vexed interested against climate change are trying to plant that false information in people's minds.  .    O'h and Gina and all of her coal and mining magnates are always trying to disprove science of climate change.  All for profit.  They should be so ashamed of themselves.  With Murdoch being an avid climate change denier,  his papers and Sky News are always blaming the Greens and so called "climate alarmists"  and even with fireman, the CFA and multiple climate scientists talking about the changing conditions,  they just dismiss them completely and listen to right wing money people. 

I do think that most of the public now are waking up completely though. ,   I hope and pray that Morrison and this government are flung out completely next election and think it will happen.  

These koalas bears struggling and dying are too much. A billion animals dead. It’s just beyond any words I have. Tears and emotions overtake everything. It’s unimaginable people just make this a political thing. It’s the environment, stupid! Climate change is now and these bozos are denying it because some idiot on TV tells them it’s “arson” 🤦‍♀️

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, acko said:

I've been thinking of something usefull to say for weeks now.. And I'm just at a loss for words. @Jazzy Jan @San and other Australian members... it's just so sad.. Big hug. 

Thank you! That means a lot ❤❤❤

We've had good rain in Sydney. Not enough of course, but it has been wonderful. The garden is already bouncing back. Things seem normal in the city, but I know many fires are still burning far away. And yes, big rain and hail storms yesterday have caused wide spread damage. Australian summers are volatile to say the least.

Have donated,  unfortunately not huge amounts, a few weeks ago to a few charities for Australia relief and the poor Australia animals as well - devastating the effect this inferno has had on Australia indigenous animals population. 

With the money I very much hope to recoup today off the Sunday 19 January last minute cancellation MadameX tour date I wish I had seen, I will donate that ticket money to the Australia relief charities I have donated before,  including for the animals. 

Although not huge donations in the thousands or millions, I hope these will help a bit anyway.

xx

19 hours ago, acko said:

I've been thinking of something usefull to say for weeks now.. And I'm just at a loss for words. @Jazzy Jan @San and other Australian members... it's just so sad.. Big hug. 

Thank you Acko :inlove:

8 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

Have donated,  unfortunately not huge amounts, a few weeks ago to a few charities for Australia relief and the poor Australia animals as well - devastating the effect this inferno has had on Australia indigenous animals population. 

With the money I very much hope to recoup today off the Sunday 19 January last minute cancellation MadameX tour date I wish I had seen, I will donate that ticket money to the Australia relief charities I have donated before,  including for the animals. 

Although not huge donations in the thousands or millions, I hope these will help a bit anyway.

xx

That is so caring and generous.  Thank you .  :inlove:

3 hours ago, Gaudet said:

xx

Such a nice gesture my friend. All in your honor.