J.K. Rowling Faces Criticism for Transgender Comment

MadFan

4 hours ago, Junior said:

She’s getting more annoying on Twitter today. Is this the hill she wants to die on? WTF happened to her? Doesn’t she have anything better to do?

Right.

This bitch is TOO RICH for all this hoopla!

Maybe the love of her life left her for transgender woman? that seems the most logical explanation. Just like the repressed gays are the biggest homophobes. You are never that invested into (especially hating) smth unless it concerns you directly.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:01 AM, karbatal said:

She's behaving like a Karen

Amen! She could've just given her point of view, which initially even got support from some in the trans community. Now she's just a fucking annoying loca Karen, rambling, not making sense / grasping at straws, liking pseudoscience / sexual orientation conversion associates. 

Also, she's constantly saying "boo hoo we all have a right to our opinion and I've never received so much hate for just sharing my opinion", but the second Stephen King said he believes trans women are women, she un-liked his original comment. So no, she doesn't believe we all have a right to our opinion, she's just pissed off people have had the audacity to challenge her fucking stupid ass opinions.

14 hours ago, Barbie said:

Why does anyone care about what this white bitch has to say? I've never read any of her shitty books and don't plan on it anytime soon. Let her be miserable.

She's the most read writer in our life time and she was millions and millions of fans. She's incredibly influential and therefore her wrong opinions can endorse bigots.

She's part ofsome manifesto about the free of expression and the danger of being cancelled. She's among.150 names. Some as important as Noam Chomsky, whom I admire a lot. 

This Is Dangerous

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

She's the most read writer in our life time and she was millions and millions of fans. She's incredibly influential and therefore her wrong opinions can endorse bigots.

Well clearly she doesn't give a fuck about any influence she has so fuck her. People have tried to politely educate her and she wants to continue acting like a psycho terf. Again, fuck her.

I remember her talking about her "lesbian" friend who told her that she also agreed with her views as if that was supposed to make it okay :chuckle:

like okay. your DYKE friend is a terf too. cool!

:lmao:

• 2 weeks later...

Love to forcibly shut non-wealthy people up by threatening to bankrupt them with frivolous SLAPP suits. You know...for the sake of championing free speech and all. 

On 7/24/2020 at 10:49 PM, Kim said:

Imagine having a $billion in the bank and spending all your time just punching down and being a horrible old hypocrite

Unbelieveable.

I cursed all her future books flopped.

• 5 weeks later...

She's back in the news 'cuz she's returned a human rights award she received, after they criticized her views. She's really gonna die on this hill.

JK Rowling has said she is giving back an award associated with the US Kennedy family, after being criticised for her views on gender and trans issues.

The author was given the Ripple of Hope honour by the Robert F Kennedy Human Rights organisation last year.

But earlier this month, its president Kerry Kennedy said views expressed by Rowling recently "diminished the identity" of trans people.

Rowling says Kennedy's implication that she is transphobic is "incorrect".

On 7/8/2020 at 9:31 PM, Barbie said:

Why does anyone care about what this white bitch has to say? I've never read any of her shitty books and don't plan on it anytime soon. Let her be miserable.

lol miserable? hardly

6 minutes ago, Barbie said:

So glad I never bought or read any of her shitty books.

so epic

On 8/28/2020 at 5:43 PM, MadFan said:

She's back in the news 'cuz she's returned a human rights award she received, after they criticized her views. She's really gonna die on this hill.

JK Rowling has said she is giving back an award associated with the US Kennedy family, after being criticised for her views on gender and trans issues.

The author was given the Ripple of Hope honour by the Robert F Kennedy Human Rights organisation last year.

But earlier this month, its president Kerry Kennedy said views expressed by Rowling recently "diminished the identity" of trans people.

Rowling says Kennedy's implication that she is transphobic is "incorrect".

The saddest thing about this is that 2020 is one of the most active years in social justice and this Karen only focused on menstruations.

I haven't actively followed the thing with her... but I'm always extra shocked when a women turns out
2 NOT be an LGBTQ ally... there seems to be thread with female haters where they are pissed off at this
self conceived notion that their femininity is being stolen from them...but in a very bitter and vicous way.

It's like the Vaya Con Dios lead singer once bitterly told my friend that she doesn't understand why gay men always
have to dress up as women and basically that she doesn't like effeminate gays . I don't understand where she's coming
from.. as a creative person who emerged from the punk/performance scene here. Very dissapointing.

On 8/30/2020 at 1:36 PM, acko said:

I haven't actively followed the thing with her... but I'm always extra shocked when a women turns out
2 NOT be an LGBTQ ally... there seems to be thread with female haters where they are pissed off at this
self conceived notion that their femininity is being stolen from them...but in a very bitter and vicous way.

It's like the Vaya Con Dios lead singer once bitterly told my friend that she doesn't understand why gay men always
have to dress up as women and basically that she doesn't like effeminate gays . I don't understand where she's coming
from.. as a creative person who emerged from the punk/performance scene here. Very dissapointing.

Wow. Indeed. 

But many early punks turn into conservative biggots

• 2 weeks later...