J.K. Rowling Faces Criticism for Transgender Comment

MadFan

Honestly, JK as a person is becoming more and more like a conservative* disillusioned crazy old lady.

*And yes, I know conservative is pretty much the synonym for crazy and disillusioned, but I just wanted to stress that out.

I've never liked her. She constantly uses her huge platform to punch down and likes/retweets some of the most hateful garbage.

Her (now deleted) crazy tweet last week where she was cutting & pasting shit from a trans hate blog while responding to kids pictures sums the stupid bint up.

EZbrMlfX0AAKQYS?format=jpg&name=medium

Her Potter universe is amazing and the message about fighting together against injustice, no matter if they affect us, is incredibly powerful. 

That said, she's been absolutely stuck in that 1997 idea. The world is facing new social challenges and she's aligned with the conservatives. She reminds me to RuPaul. Both were fighting forces some years ago and now they're slowly becoming a laughing stock.

Which once again brings us to Madonna, who is always several steps ahead.

56 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I'm a bit taken aback by the responses on the first page...I thought more would be calling her out.

There's LOTS of feminists now with a transphobic discourse

9 hours ago, Kim said:

I've never liked her. She constantly uses her huge platform to punch down and likes/retweets some of the most hateful garbage.

Her (now deleted) crazy tweet last week where she was cutting & pasting shit from a trans hate blog while responding to kids pictures sums the stupid bint up.

EZbrMlfX0AAKQYS?format=jpg&name=medium

is this for real! What has she been up to...

12 hours ago, Andgon144 said:

This article pretty much lays out why some women are against trans women.

https://medium.com/@vicstonepup/trans-women-the-trojan-horse-penis-of-mens-rights-8944feaf0201

When you go down this rabbit hole, you'll find gay and lesbian erasure, homophobia and misogyny. 

And they always hide their hate with absurdities like "but in sports a transgender blah blah blah". As if transgender reivindication was to go to the fucking Olympics. 

The root of all this is that the Karens in the feminist movement exist. And big time. 

11 hours ago, Paul said:

is this for real! What has she been up to...

Yes it's real, she referenced it in a follow up.

When multitasking goes wrong -  nurturing her kiddie fan base while being a transphobic bigot.

14 hours ago, Andgon144 said:

This article pretty much lays out why some women are against trans women.

https://medium.com/@vicstonepup/trans-women-the-trojan-horse-penis-of-mens-rights-8944feaf0201

When you go down this rabbit hole, you'll find gay and lesbian erasure, homophobia and misogyny. 

Yeah and it wasn't so long ago that this type of cherry picking article was written about gay men - calling us all paedos and predators and a threat to the rights of hetero men's spaces. 

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Yeah and it wasn't so long ago that this type of cherry picking article was written about gay men - calling us all paedos and predators and a threat to the rights of hetero men's spaces. 

Those articles are the right wingers dream. So obvious and so damaging. See it all the time. Done deliberately to inflame, shock snd anger people. Examples and quotes so extreme in the hope of turning everyone against groups of people. Articles like that disgust me. See so much of that kind of garbage in the right wing tabloid press all the time as well. 

I also think the overwhelming majority of feminists are not against transgender people at all and as always, the bigot’s views are unfortunately highlighted everywhere in print and online to create unnecessary drama and create division. So frustrating and wrong.

JK Rowling should be ashamed of herself. I used to think she was an intelligent fair woman whose books contained wonderful messages and great characters that got a new generation of children reading again. She has shocked me with these dreadful retweets.

23 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Those articles are the right wingers dream. So obvious and so damaging. See it all the time. Done deliberately to inflame, shock snd anger people. Examples and quotes so extreme in the hope of turning everyone against groups of people. Articles like that disgust me. See so much of that kind of garbage in the right wing tabloid press all the time as well. 

I also think the overwhelming majority of feminists are not against transgender people at all and as always, the bigot’s views are unfortunately highlighted everywhere in print and online to create unnecessary drama and create division. So frustrating and wrong.

JK Rowling should be ashamed of herself. I used to think she was an intelligent fair woman whose books contained wonderful messages and great characters that got a new generation of children reading again. She has shocked me with these dreadful retweets.

Me too. I admire a lot her books. So incredibly intelligent. 

And I agree that most feminist have no problem with transgender women. But here in Spain some  prominent feminists are against, and I never see other prominent feminists calling them out. It's always regular people commenting. Especially from the LGBT+ community. And if you are a men they complain that we're trying to school them. So this time and answered back: "If you consider them men, let men defend them". 

As if I'm going to let a member of my community be insulated and let it go because I am not a woman! 

Idk when you follow the money and see who's behind the trans movement, you start to find a lot of disturbing things.

For example, an excerpt from this fascinating read: 

TransYouth Project says: "Right now, we are recruiting children who are gender nonconforming, tomboys, princess boys, intersex, and gender “typical” children."

"An entire generation of gender non-conforming children that may have otherwise grown up gay are going to grow up to be brain damaged, weakened eunuchs with a medical malpractice lawyer on retainer."

https://medium.com/@sue.donym1984/inauthentic-selves-the-modern-lgbtq-movement-is-run-by-philanthropic-astroturf-and-based-on-junk-d08eb6aa1a4b

This video was another eye opener.  

"There are consistent findings that gender non conforming kids-boys who prefer traditionally feminine activities and girls who prefer climbing trees and playing with trucks will often go on to become generally healthy gay and lesbian people as adults and sometimes even straight."

"I would think that ultimately, we'd want kids to be comfortable with themselves and their bodies and this is a better outcome than lifelong hormones with irreversible effects, irreversible surgeries, sterility and struggling to believe the impossible: that they are the opposite sex. which we can never happen."

Leaving this here, not to trigger people, just trying to shed some light as to why some people aren't on board the trans train. Many gay men and lesbians are starting to call this conversion therapy 2.0.

Read, do your own research, check your sources not once but twice!

btw, these articles were shared to me by a trans person. 

43 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Absolutely, we know exactly what they're up to. Trans people, like most everyone else, just want to get on with living their lives in peace. Anyone who punches down on a repressed minority is a piece of shit. This attempt to weaponize LGB rights in the hope that we'll turn against one of our own community/allies is particularly insidious.

Not surprised by Rowling at all. Always sticking her oar in politically, and always on the wrong side.

2 minutes ago, Andgon144 said:

jk rowling is legit sticking up for same sex attracted people though 

You must have a really feeble brain to be taken in by such gaslighting propaganda bullshit.

Or maybe you're just an old fashioned bigot.

She should've kept quiet really. She knows she has a big platform and she knew it would cause a lot of controversy. No one should feel like they need her words to validate them. Everyone has the right to be whoever they want to be!

1 hour ago, Andgon144 said:

Idk when you follow the money and see who's behind the trans movement, you start to find a lot of disturbing things.

For example, an excerpt from this fascinating read: 

TransYouth Project says: "Right now, we are recruiting children who are gender nonconforming, tomboys, princess boys, intersex, and gender “typical” children."

"An entire generation of gender non-conforming children that may have otherwise grown up gay are going to grow up to be brain damaged, weakened eunuchs with a medical malpractice lawyer on retainer."

https://medium.com/@sue.donym1984/inauthentic-selves-the-modern-lgbtq-movement-is-run-by-philanthropic-astroturf-and-based-on-junk-d08eb6aa1a4b

This video was another eye opener.  

"There are consistent findings that gender non conforming kids-boys who prefer traditionally feminine activities and girls who prefer climbing trees and playing with trucks will often go on to become generally healthy gay and lesbian people as adults and sometimes even straight."

"I would think that ultimately, we'd want kids to be comfortable with themselves and their bodies and this is a better outcome than lifelong hormones with irreversible effects, irreversible surgeries, sterility and struggling to believe the impossible: that they are the opposite sex. which we can never happen."

Leaving this here, not to trigger people, just trying to shed some light as to why some people aren't on board the trans train. Many gay men and lesbians are starting to call this conversion therapy 2.0.

Read, do your own research, check your sources not once but twice!

btw, these articles were shared to me by a trans person. 

Are you for real?

Ugh