Madame X featured on Best of 2019 lists

Camacho

1 hour ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Digital Journal

http://www.digitaljournal.com/entertainment/music/op-ed-madonna-releases-best-album-by-a-female-in-2019-madame-x/article/564442

Op-Ed: Madonna releases best album by a female in 2019 — 'Madame X'

Madonna_.jpg

December 31, 2019

BY MARKOS PAPADATOS

Pop megastar Madonna has released the greatest album by a female recording artist in 2019 — "Madame X." Digital Journal has the scoop.

Madame X was a highly eclectic musical effort, and it showcased a wide variety of musical styles, genres, and melodic flavors. It was described as "stunning," and rightfully so. It illustrates Madonna's ability to constantly reinvent musically creatively and artistically. She is not afraid to be bold and vulnerable at the same time. Madame X is an exceptional work of musical art.

Her inspirational song "I Rise" is worth the price of the album alone. Other noteworthy tunes include "Extreme Occident," "Come Alive," "I Don't Search I Find," as well as "Medellín," her infectious collaboration with Maluma. She still possesses the voice of an angel after all of these decades, and she is a true visionary.

With Madame X, Madonna was able to once again top the Billboard 200 all-genre charts. That was her ninth career No. 1 album and it sold 95,000 units in its first week, where 90,000 of those units were pure album sales.

Madame X is available on Apple Music and on Spotify, and it is worth more than just a passing glance.

In other Madonna news, Digital Journal proclaimed (-link-) her residency at the BAM Howard Gilman Opera House (-link-) as the "greatest concert by a female artist in 2019."

:bow:

I was just listening to the albulm and...

It's already the best album of 2020, and it was released last year!
in fact I made a list below , of the best albums of 2020 so far💓

Madonna
Like A Prayer
Erotica
Ray of Light
Music
American Life
Madame X

https://www.idolator.com/7905002/from-magdalene-to-madame-x-the-20-best-pop-albums-of-2019?view-all&ios=1&safari=1&M2c=1

Ranked #9 on year end list...higher than Harry Styles(good pop album)Camila(well liked and reviewed) Celine(meh)  and Ariana(hit singles album, well received, sales) 

9. Madame X — Madonna

Key tracks: “God Control” and “Crave”

(Full review here)

Imagine being 40 years into your career and still pushing the boundaries of pop. Only Madonna can relate. Madame X, the Queen of Pop’s 14th LP, is a concept album about a globe-trotting super-heroine with revolution on the brain. Madonna brings the project to life with vibrant, world music-inspired bops like “Medellin” and “Batuka,” and mind-melting experiments like “I Don’t Search I Find” and “Killers Who Are Partying.” It doesn’t always work, but when it does, this result is electric.

— Mike Wass

Edited by I Don’t Search I Find

23 hours ago, acko said:

Madonna
Like A Prayer
Erotica
Ray of Light
Music
American Life
Madame X

Give it up bitches for the only Queen in the game 1982-2020+++ :wow: 

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2019 at 4:40 PM, I Don’t Search I Find said:

They’re posted and buried in several threads so I thought I’d post them all in here for easy access and to give that acclaim the focus it deserves!

Billboard Magazine

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/list/8545657/best-albums-of-2019-top-50

The 50 Best Albums of 2019: Staff Picks

46. Madonna, Madame X

After two albums of Madonna sounding like she was largely playing catch-up to mainstream trends (2012's EDM-courting MDNA and 2015's collaborator-stuffed Rebel Heart), the pop GOAT decided to go back to blazing her own trail, and not looking over her shoulder at how many were following her lead. Top 40 and streaming audiences might not have been particularly amenable to her genre-hopping free-for-all, but longtime fans found plenty to chew on in the set's unpredictable excursions -- including a Walter Carlos-like dip into synthified Tchaikovsky in "Dark Ballet," a Random Access Memories-worthy prog-disco odyssey in "God Control," and a welcome return to Latin pop in the breezy Maluma team-ups "Medellín" and "Bitch I'm Loca." Madge can rest assured that anyone still trekking along with her at this point is in for the long haul, and excited as ever for what twists and turns lay ahead. -- ANDREW UNTERBERGER

On 12/18/2019 at 4:43 PM, I Don’t Search I Find said:

NME

https://www.nme.com/features/the-greatest-albums-of-2019-2586777

The 50 best albums of 2019

45. Madonna, ‘Madame X’ (Interscope)

In a nutshell: The ultimate pop icon taps into the Latin pop zeitgeist

On her best album in years, Madonna returned under the guise of ‘Madame X’, an alter-ego that encompassed roles of a mother, child, teacher, spy, nun, saint, and more. The album that shared her new pseudonym was similarly imaginative, pulling together inspiration from the Latin-pop and Batuque music she’d been exposed to since moving to Lisbon, Portugal. Ultimately, ’Madame X’ represented an eclectic, masterful new phase that stood tall amid her inimitable back catalogue. 

Key track: ‘Medellín’.

Best moment: The glittery pop waltz of ‘Crazy’’s chorus. RD

Awesome reviews!!!! !!

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 6:23 PM, rocknrolla said:

Divas half her age have retired to Vegas 😁

Yep! Practically ALL of the former "new Madonna's" of the past 30 yrs. That's the difference between "just" singers/pop stars vs. a true artist like Madonna.

There will NEVER be a "new Madonna" and Madonna IMO will NEVER retire. Even if she does end up doing a residency somewhere one day, it won't be like the others'.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 5:45 PM, acko said:

Madonna
Like A Prayer
Erotica
Ray of Light
Music
American Life
Madame X

No COADF as expected from acko! :lol: