EXPOSED: Fake Climate Change Fighter Greta Thunberg Took First Class Train

horn

Or maybe she had no room for real and said fuck it and bought a first class seat?

And yeah, there may be a little fib or manipulating here & there (i hear her mother did eurovision many years ago and her granddad is a famous director/actor so people could use that as an argument too..) but it’s quite amazing how after all these months she’s still so committed. Traveling and the preparations, the speeches.. it’s hard work and she’s inspiring many people. Ultimately, she’s doing something good. And well.. nobody’s perfect. People are always gonna find something 

6 minutes ago, roma said:

Shocked that Madonna fans would hate and attack a 16 year old girl and believe and promote a corporate media trying to protect their multi billion empire. I cant count the amount of times the media have tried to use the same false narrative on Madonna to undermine her achievements, message and deeds...the Malawi bashing for example.

Yes,  that article was manipulated and spun by corporate media that detest this girl and the message of climate change.  All for their own greed and selfish interests. 

10 hours ago, horn said:

So why did you even bother to comment?

Because it needed to be said.

Greta Thunberg Responds To German Rail Snark And 'Against The Wall' Criticism

Greta Thunberg apologized over the weekend for saying that world leaders should be put “against the wall” after some interpreted it as inciting violence ― and also cleared up drama after she was called out by a German rail line.

The Swedish teen activist made the remark while delivering a speech in English at a “Fridays for Future” demonstration in Turin, Italy.

“World leaders are still trying to run away from their responsibilities but we have to make sure they cannot do that,” Thunberg told a crowd of youth climate activists on Friday. “We will make sure ... that we put them against the wall, and that they will have to do their job and to protect our futures.”

The comments sparked backlash from critics on Twitter who said they associated the “against the wall” phrase with execution by firing squad. It is defined by Merriam-Webster as being “put in a very bad position or situation.”

Thunberg responded with an apology, explaining that the phrase has a different meaning in her native language, in which it means to “hold someone accountable.”

“That’s what happens when you improvise speeches in a second language,” she tweeted. “But of course I apologize if anyone misunderstood this. I can not enough express the fact that I ― as well as the entire school strike movement ― are against any possible form of violence.”

“It goes without saying but I say it anyway,” she concluded.

The climate activist was speaking in Turin following the United Nations climate summit COP25 in Madrid. She expressed concerns the summit would not lead to action from politicians, saying activists should continue to apply pressure to leaders.

On her journey back to Sweden on Saturday, Thunberg dealt with another minor controversy after she tweeted an image of herself sitting on the ground of an “overcrowded train” through Germany. “Finally on my way home!” she wrote.

She does not travel by plane due to the harmful emissions produced by air travel and instead journeys around the world via rail and boat.

German rail authorities bizarrely seemed to take offense, interpreting the tweet as criticism of their service. Deutsche Bahn issued a statement and tweets to clarify that Thunberg was seated on the train.

“Love #Greta, thank you for supporting us railroad workers in the fight against climate change! We were pleased that you were on the ICE 74 with us on Saturday. And with 100 percent green electricity,” the rail network tweeted in German.

“It would have been even nicer if you had also reported how friendly and competent you were looked after by our team at your seat in first class,” they added, prompting some Twitter users to call out the teen for her “fib” and others to blame the rail line for consistently overbooking their services.

Thunberg later responded by explaining that she had had to sit on the floor after departing Switzerland, but that she was seated after Göttingen, Germany ― though she seemed unbothered by the overcrowding.

“This is no problem of course and I never said it was. Overcrowded trains is a great sign because it means the demand for train travel is high!”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/greta-thunberg-apology-put-leaders-against-wall-010959388.html

Kevin Swanson Suggests That Greta Thunberg Is Demonically Possessed and ‘Needs Jesus’ 

Radical right-wing pastor Kevin Swanson declared on his radio program yesterday that Time magazine’s decision to name climate change activist Greta Thunberg as 2019’s Person of the Year is a sign of “the unraveling of the Western world.”

Swanson, who normally uses his radio program to declare that the proper biblical punishment for homosexuality is death, seized on the fact that Thunberg has Asperger’s syndrome, and suggested that she is demonically possessed and in need of Jesus.

“She’s psychologically disturbed,” Swanson said, likening her to the young boy in Mark 9 who was healed by Jesus after being possessed by a demonic spirit.

“I have to say there is something very disturbing about the appearance of and the presentation of this Greta Thunberg,” Swanson commented. “The other demonic spirits are using her to lead the world wherever it’s going.”

“Friends, if this isn’t a quintessential demonstration of the death of the West, or what an entire empire, what multiple empires, look like at the verge of collapsing, this is it,” he added. “It’s ridiculous. On the one hand, we want to be compassionate with Greta. I truly believe that Greta needs Jesus and short of her coming to Christ, I don’t know what is going to happen to this young lady. It is sad to see her in the condition that she is in.”

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/kevin-swanson-suggests-that-greta-thunberg-is-demonically-possessed-and-needs-jesus/

I don't like her because she's absurdly simplistic and a fake product. The circus travelling to NY and Spain was ridiculous because she could easily solve it with a video conference. But I don't get the hate either. She's doing a big good part on promoting action.

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

I don't like her because she's absurdly simplistic and a fake product.

Karby honey, who isn't simplistic at 16? :lol: 

Her role is as public figurehead to inspire people and raise awareness across the world, hence the 'spectacles' like boating across the ocean etc. It makes people take pause and notice. A video conference would be like every other video conference about climate change: ignored.

The planning and policy should come from our governments, but they're doing fuck all.

1 hour ago, MadFan said:

Karby honey, who isn't simplistic at 16? :lol: 

Her role is as public figurehead to inspire people and raise awareness across the world, hence the 'spectacles' like boating across the ocean etc. It makes people take pause and notice. A video conference would be like every other video conference about climate change: ignored.

The planning and policy should come from our governments, but they're doing fuck all.

Agree. But I don't like simplistic discourses. She's saying the same that everyone was saying in the 90s. It feels... reductive :lol:

But as I said, I don't get the hate either. 

I think she is symptomatic of the problem we have on the Left, in our inability to choose charming figure heads. The grey area of apolitical undecided simple folk in the middle of politics that ends up deciding everything for us only get courted by the biggest, shiniest personality there is. It's unfair, but it's why outspoken buffoons who are quick with an off-the-cuff joke are getting chosen over uptight, humourless lecturers with a better grasp on policy. I've seen talk of how it's all Murdoch's fault, and to look at how NZ and Canada have escaped from his clutches... but also take a look at how outstandingly charming their leaders are - full on celebrities, the both of them.

I just wish Steve Irwin were still alive. He would've been the Climate Change Hero we never even knew we needed. Greta Thunberg only preaches to the believers already, the rest of the world just sees a sullen teenager shouting at them.

5 hours ago, runa said:

oh wow this thread   :doh:

keep watching your netflix guys. At least some people are trying for you. They might not be perfect, but they try.
And you? What are you doing about it ?

:clap:

On 12/18/2019 at 11:33 PM, karbatal said:

I don't like her because she's absurdly simplistic and a fake product. The circus travelling to NY and Spain was ridiculous because she could easily solve it with a video conference. But I don't get the hate either. She's doing a big good part on promoting action.

This is what I'm trying to say.

I didn't say I hate her being vocal about climate change but if you're fighter, act like one and not doing something different behind closed door.

And it's funny that everyone started to attack me for posting what Deutsch Bahn had posted on their official twitter which later being reported by other media and screaming fake news.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DB_Presse/status/1206182674949382145

I guess everyone is willing to turn a blind eye on certain things as long as they are discreet?

No we wouldn't mind seeing her at Harrod's
But behind the jewelry counter, not in front

On 12/20/2019 at 4:45 AM, runa said:

oh wow this thread   :doh:

keep watching your netflix guys. At least some people are trying for you. They might not be perfect, but they try.
And you? What are you doing about it ?

Based on your theory....

Trump is fighting other countries such as China to make America great again. He might not be perfect, but he try. 

And you? What are you doing about it?

46 minutes ago, horn said:

screen-shot-2013-06-13-at-10-30-17-am.pn

First class had the most carbon footprint

She didn't buy a first class seat. She sat on the floor and then one became available, and she took it. I really don't get what your point is here...

34 minutes ago, MadFan said:

She didn't buy a first class seat. She sat on the floor and then one became available, and she took it. I really don't get what your point is here...

Yes she didn't buy but they offered her. She should reject their offer and explain the carbon footprint issue, right?

1 hour ago, horn said:

screen-shot-2013-06-13-at-10-30-17-am.pn

First class had the most carbon footprint

??? this is for planes, not trains. And rates like this are only averaged over many flights, not a single flight (or train) that is already going anyway.

But I accept your general point - if people must travel by plane or train, getting rid of premium classes would mean able to move the same number of people with less flights/carriages, and reduce emissions. Or at least, w should force people to pay for their emissions (so long as the money is used for genuine offsets, which in most cases is not the case).

but isn't DB already pretty low emission energy?

5 hours ago, horn said:

Yes she didn't buy but they offered her. She should reject their offer and explain the carbon footprint issue, right?

. No wonder people are wary about fighting against climate change. They are treated worse than they real offenders - corporations, industry and governments that cause climate change and global warming.  Where are the damning articles about them in the tabloid corporation owned papers like the Sun. The hatred shown to a 16 year old girl who has campaigned relentlessly for climate action for years is much more than corrupt corporations, businesses and political figures who mock scientists who study the effects of it. All for money.  Shameful. 

Greta travels part of a train trip on a seat offered to her and that is an article in a paper to try to discredit her and get her more hatred. She did not even criticise the train company. No she does not have to explain the carbon footprint to a train company. What a beat up over nothing. 

14 hours ago, horn said:

Based on your theory....

Trump is fighting other countries such as China to make America great again. He might not be perfect, but he try. 

And you? What are you doing about it?

Yeah sure. 

11 hours ago, MadFan said:

Apart stiring shit, he has no point

13 hours ago, karbatal said:

What happened with Deutsche Bahn? I recall their tweet calling her out for posting a pic among suitcases while in fact she was traveling first class. Wasn't it true? 

I don't follow news as close as before. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/DB_Presse/status/1206182674949382145

There's many anonymous people working very hard. Let's clap all the efforts and the big promotion that Greta is achieving to focus om an urgent matter. But also let's keep our right to call out every marketing product we detect. We ar experts in spotting these things after we've been calling out Gaga or Beyonce :lol:

The level of venom that is directed at young people who still have everything to learn from life but who are trying to find Their place in the world is really disgusting. Whether it's Greta, the survivors of the Parkland massacre or any other youngster who protests on the street, they are trying to make a difference in a collapsing world we have given them and by making mistakes normal for their age and according to a code of value that we gave them. This way of knocking them out with reproach for each error is a way of trying to silence them now so that everything remains exactly the same for previous generations. Sad.

17 hours ago, Martin B. said:

The level of venom that is directed at young people who still have everything to learn from life but who are trying to find Their place in the world is really disgusting. Whether it's Greta, the survivors of the Parkland massacre or any other youngster who protests on the street, they are trying to make a difference in a collapsing world we have given them and by making mistakes normal for their age and according to a code of value that we gave them. This way of knocking them out with reproach for each error is a way of trying to silence them now so that everything remains exactly the same for previous generations. Sad.

And THIS sums it up. Perfectly.