"The Confessions Tour" SoundScan/Billboard Discussion

thebigham

I went to a Target in Los Angeles today (not in Boys Town, the ghetto one on the way to LAX) and bought the last 2 copies of the CD/DVD. It was perfect, because that is how many I wanted. It was with the BEST SELLERS (as was COADF). There were 2 slots and each had 1 remaining of the CD/DVD left and there was a little card saying "Confessions Tour Live on sale as Advertised".

Guest boytoyville

Like said, the Target I went to had it stocked with the current/newer releases, with the "As Advertised" thingie.

It's also worth noting that the Target I went to also made a spot for the regular Confessions album right next to the new TCT release! Did they have that at the Target you went to also? Hopefully we will see a slight boost in sales for COADF next week.

Guest nothingfails0603

out of curiosity, is Wal-Mart banning this over the Live To Tell performance (you know how them kooky Christians are). I first went there with a Target ad to pricematch since I got a Wal-Mart giftcard last Christmas but the girl who worked in the entertainment section told me she didn't even know such a thing was released. So I ended up going to Target.

Guest Beautiful Stranger

out of curiosity, is Wal-Mart banning this over the Live To Tell performance (you know how them kooky Christians are). I first went there with a Target ad to pricematch since I got a Wal-Mart giftcard last Christmas but the girl who worked in the entertainment section told me she didn't even know such a thing was released. So I ended up going to Target.

They don't sell CD's with a PARENTAL ADVISORY sticker on them.

Guest nothingfails0603

They don't sell CD's with a PARENTAL ADVISORY sticker on them.

I guess because it's Madonna I don't even stop to think about a parental advisory sticker the way I would over rap or hard rock albums

Guest Madonna

Madonna was kind enough to send me a copy. I thought it had glitter sprinkled on the cover ... but turned out to be ANTHRAX. The nerve :(

But you licked the cover anyway.....:horn:

Somethin' like that- but we'll see if this Wal-Mart thing is really a factor or not. I sent an e-mail to Billboard's chart director asking if there have been any reports on the release (i.e. one-days), etc. etc

i bought mine at Wal-mart .. and there is a parental sticker on it .. but i guess they have different laws in the US

NO no, that's just WalMart being the d*cks they've always been when it comes to selling music.

Guest sandejose

i was just at the hits daily double site and they mention norah bore maybe selling 350k and katherine mc puke 1selling 100k but they dont mention madonna

Guest sandejose

there is no need to be rude and mean, some of us dont have the time that you have to read every thread, some of us are busy working and getting laid, im sure thats not your case