"The Confessions Tour" SoundScan/Billboard Discussion

thebigham

Guest northernlad

Question: are IGTTYAS & Confessions Tour eligible for certification as long-form music videos? I reckon they'd both qualify for platinum then (100,000).

I was gonna post this in the other thread we had going...the one about doing a store count of this cd/dvd but i couldnt find it anymore.

I'll just do it here since it does have to do with the confessions tour set. I was at our local best buy today to get the Dixie Chicks dvd (shut up and sing) and i did my usual check of Madonna's section and obviously someone is NOT a fan cause they had 5 slots (from top to bottom of a row) for madonna and someone had taken another artists cd and covered every single one of Madonna's cds so the one of Madonna that should have been facing out was covered by this other artist. i removed them all and put them back but it was obvious they were covering her.

the copies of Confessions on a dance floor that were there last time were gone (except 1) but the confessions tour set had the same amount as last time. It doesnt appear to have sold any copies in the 2 weeks i've gone back. seems like they had that inital burst in the beginning but they seem to be stuck with these last 4 copies. Just thought it was a funny story to share. I can imagine someone going there and placing other cd's in front of her. i can understand someone just placing one lazily in the wrong slot and moving along but all 5 slots had someone in front of her and that's NEVER been like that! :lmao: (maybe a Mariah fan?...Carrie Underwood fan??)

Guest Bad Robot

very strong hold for the third week. wonder what kept it up? did the grammys actually affect it? i can't believe many people bought it as a v-day gift.

very strong hold for the third week. wonder what kept it up? did the grammys actually affect it? i can't believe many people bought it as a v-day gift.

It was mentioned somewhere that Bravo re-aired the concert on Feb. 9. Perhaps there were hold-overs from that week.

Yes, down 99-124 in its 4th week. Its sales must be around 7,500 or so. This is the smallest drop in rank in the last 3 weeks (-51, -33, now -25).

Down 2-4 on Top Music Videos.

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Out of curiousity, is this appearing on the Billboard chart as The Confessions Tour or The Confessions Tour: Live Form London?

Should pass IGTTYAS with next week's numbers.

Hmmm- the bottom of the chart this week saw 4,300 and change. If it sees a percentage drop similar to this week, it could nosedive down the chart! Maybe it will see a less severe drop, since this week's chart was the post-Shammys/-V-day period.