"The Confessions Tour" SoundScan/Billboard Discussion

thebigham

im just goin to sit back and gag at all of u delusional fags when the numbers come in...............LMFAO

even holidayguy is laughin at u fags for talkin such non sense

delusional asses

PREACH IT

I can just imagine these fags falling over themselves when it sells 32 copies or something in its 2nd week :lmao:

CT CD/DVD is sooo going to outsell IGTTYAS... it only makes sense because there are more MADONNA fans who want to see the cross thingy again and the whole concert in full clarity and sound, rather than buy a 2-hour Kabbalah-filled preaching extravanganza docu...

CT CD/DVD is sooo going to outsell IGTTYAS... it only makes sense because there are more MADONNA fans who want to see the cross thingy again and the whole concert in full clarity and sound, rather than buy a 2-hour Kabbalah-filled preaching extravanganza docu...

I completely agree. CT cannot even be compared to IGTTYAS other than the format (live CD + DVD). CT is a full live show (not a documentary) released at a proper time - still relatively fresh after the tour (less than a year) and fresh after the national broadcast; and already seen by millions around the world thanks to the broadcast. While I realize that the original NBC broadcast was not a rating bonanza, it still gave the whole event a huge exposure and an endless rerun cycle on other channels. I reckon that CT’s release will eventually have more commercial and media impact than IGTTYAS.

If there is one negative thing I can say about CT it is the track selection on the live CD. What a randomly picked crowd! The best live tracks musically from this show are missing. Why are we getting: “Lucky Star”, “Confessions” or the inferior version of “Let it will be” but “Get Together”, “Forbidden Love”, “Live to tell” and “Drowned World” are nowhere to be found. Also, with 13 tracks on the album, I suspect that more tracks could have been added to fill the CD even with the commitment of keeping this live album to a single CD.

If there is one negative thing I can say about CT it is the track selection on the live CD. What a randomly picked crowd! The best live tracks musically from this show are missing. Why are we getting: “Lucky Star”, “Confessions” or the inferior version of “Let it will be” but “Get Together”, “Forbidden Love”, “Live to tell” and “Drowned World” are nowhere to be found. Also, with 13 tracks on the album, I suspect that more tracks could have been added to fill the CD even with the commitment of keeping this live album to a single CD.

they could have fit on all of the tracks if they really wanted to. i really think it went by how her voice sounded ultimately. and i think LIWB is a great choice to put on the live cd- it was a highlight for me.

Guest Bad Robot

The CD is almost definitely close to full. Live songs are longer, there is crowd noise, interludes, etc... the Future Lovers/I Feel Love combo is like 8 minutes alone.

does anybody here recall how high IGTYAS ranked on amazon's top selling list a week before its release?

It was definately in the top 10 because i remember being surprised when i saw how high it was right before the release. i dont think it was as high as this one though. this morning its already # 4.

I think it could be a top 10 debut on Billboard with as low as some of this week chart #'s are. I think she can sell enough to make top 10.

im just goin to sit back and gag at all of u delusional fags when the numbers come in...............LMFAO

even holidayguy is laughin at u fags for talkin such non sense

delusional asses

:lmao::lmao:

theres not a lot of hype at the moment

the ratings of the broadcast were dissapointing and so will these numbers be

i cannot believe someone hoped it wud make the top 10 its a fuckin concert dvd/cd :rolleyes:

only die hard fans will buy this and most of them watched the broadcast and taped it

furthermore the tour is all about coadf, something the us didnt really like :rolleyes:

50 cent is gonna buy a copy though, im sure :D

There will be at least one huge sales total next week, in Norah Jones. Then there's the Karaoke Idol runn-up releasing her album. SO, the top 10 could see higher numbers than last week.

I'll say a top 20 debut is *possible*.

:lmao::lmao:

theres not a lot of hype at the moment

the ratings of the broadcast were dissapointing and so will these numbers be

i cannot believe someone hoped it wud make the top 10 its a fuckin concert dvd/cd :rolleyes:

only die hard fans will buy this and most of them watched the broadcast and taped it

furthermore the tour is all about coadf, something the us didnt really like :rolleyes:

50 cent is gonna buy a copy though, im sure :D

There isn't a lot of "hype" about norah jones. i hear no one talk about her or her music but she will sell well. I'm not sure what makes you the authority on sales figures. Clearly it isn't your understand on how well Confession did in the US. 1.6 million units is huge considering what others are selling. Nelly F with three big radio hits just crossed the million mark, big name artists are flopping left and right. Sure there are artists selling more than M but there are a lot of big name artists selling a lot less.