"The Confessions Tour" SoundScan/Billboard Discussion

thebigham

IGTTYAS was released on June 20, 2006.

HITS estimated 40k. The cd debuted at #30 on HITS with 27,133.

IGTTYAS debuted at #33 on the Billboard 200 with sales of 25,475.

Total sales to date are a little over 70k.

Will TCT open better or lower?

Guest FuckBuddy

Is there a DVD-only version of the set being released? If so, that will cut into its sales.

i agree. it's all about the dvd, so why would a casual buyer want to pay some extra cash just for the sake of a cd he will hardly listen to?

Guest boytoyville

I actually think it will do a little better that IGTTYAS because it had higher viewership(to my knowledge anyway) and many fans would rather have this than that doc more the most part in my opinion. I think it will perhaps sell 200,000 by years end.

Guest Solitaire

Hi, I Live In Seoul, South Korea. :thumbsup:

In South Korea, There Will Be A Two Versions. Like I'm Going To Tell You A Secret.

Warner Music Korea :clap:

February 1st : Madonna - Confessions TV Special DVD+CD

February 1st : Madonna - Confessions TV Special DVD

Guest Bad Robot

i agree. it's all about the dvd, so why would a casual buyer want to pay some extra cash just for the sake of a cd he will hardly listen to?

Funny, cuz I feel the exact opposite! For me I'd much rather have the CD of live cuts. I might watch the DVD once but that's it.

DWT did almost 17K in its first week. Not the best barometer, as we saw that IGTTYAS did 25K+, and I can't imagine there was that much interest in the documentary. But, remember that DWT was short on classics- just 2 pre-1994 tracks.

Sure it will sell more than Secret. Secret was a movie not a concert DVD. The concert just happened 5 months ago and played to almost a half million in the US alone. A good amount will want to relive it and will buy the DVD. One thing American's don't have a problem spending money on are DVD's. I'm guessing it will sell well for a concert DVD. I don't know if you can put it in a CD catagory, to me that's an added bonus...the CD. Her voice has improved so much over the last 10 years live...it is amazing.

DWT did almost 17K in its first week. Not the best barometer, as we saw that IGTTYAS did 25K+, and I can't imagine there was that much interest in the documentary. But, remember that DWT was short on classics- just 2 pre-1994 tracks.

And the DWT was not as uplifting as Confessions. I'm guessing it will sell better than Secret first week out.

IGTTYAS was released on June 20, 2006.

HITS estimated 40k. The cd debuted at #30 on HITS with 27,133.

IGTTYAS debuted at #33 on the Billboard 200 with sales of 25,475.

Total sales to date are a little over 70k.

Will TCT open better or lower?

Way better!

Does anyone here think there are MADONNA fans insane enough not to buy this concert DVD which has been post-produced very well, plus the fact that you will see the CROSS in full clarity?

i certainly think there is fan interest in this, but i dont think that concert DVDs particularly sell well among the average consumer. the average consumer is more likely to purchase a movie on DVD rather than a concert. that's why i think IGTYAS's sales will be higher.

but who knows, i could be wrong. i certainly think the CT DVD deserves to sell more...

Sure it will sell more than Secret. Secret was a movie not a concert DVD. The concert just happened 5 months ago and played to almost a half million in the US alone. A good amount will want to relive it and will buy the DVD. One thing American's don't have a problem spending money on are DVD's. I'm guessing it will sell well for a concert DVD. I don't know if you can put it in a CD catagory, to me that's an added bonus...the CD. Her voice has improved so much over the last 10 years live...it is amazing.

I believe the DVD+CD set will be located in the CD section of most retail stores, since it is in a CD jewel case, just like IGTYAS was.

I dont think I've ever seen IGTYAS in the DVD section.

I don't think there is a wrong and right. The thing is a majority knows that Madonna puts on an amazing show. There are few artists that have that kind of spin. Madonna has been putting on killer concerts for 20 years. Does anyone know how her other DVD's have sold over the years?

FYI: The Confessions Tour CD+DVD is already No. 16 (right now anyway) on the Amazon.com "Best-Sellers in Music list."

Perhaps the mention on Letterman helped?

Guest boytoyville

FYI: The Confessions Tour CD+DVD is already No. 16 (right now anyway) on the Amazon.com "Best-Sellers in Music list."

Perhaps the mention on Letterman helped?

It was mentioned on the two other shows she did as well.