Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X album general discussion


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Seriously, the cheques that will be flying around by Bouncey, Toilet and Gags mean she won't have a chance at a win but I think she'll get a nomination for AOTY. 

I think the three witches will come to an agreement like this:

Toilet AOTY, Slob STOTY and Bouncey SOTY.

Maybe Ariana and Old town road will beat those. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I think it would be a miracle if she got nominated in the lesser categories. She doesn’t have an aggressive team and record company massively campaigning all year long the way Beyonce, Gaga, Taylor get. Taylor’s new album was already getting AOTY payola articles hype while it was still being recorded and before anybody even heard it. 😑 Most Grammy voters are completely unaware Madonna had any new music out this year.

And the ones who do, surely read about it being "bizarre".

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vogue992 said:

Maybe Ariana and Old town road will beat those. 

Given that Slob's Joanne beat Havana for pop solo performance of the year last year, I doubt it! 😂

The cheques are being written!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like a few of the bonus tracks, such as, Looking For Mercy, I Don’t Search I Find, and Ciao Bella more than some of the standard edition tracks. That surprised me because I didn’t listen to the bonus tracks until much later on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nick said:

I actually like a few of the bonus tracks, such as, Looking For Mercy, I Don’t Search I Find, and Ciao Bella more than some of the standard edition tracks. That surprised me because I didn’t listen to the bonus tracks until much later on. 

They are good as gold! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

what I always found interesting about madonna is that when her songs show up in any decade playlist, they sound exceptional, and rebellious despite their optimistic and empowering demeanor. most songs encourage victimhood. hers don't, really. thats one quality of her music I really latched onto.

madame x is no exception!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nick said:

I actually like a few of the bonus tracks, such as, Looking For Mercy, I Don’t Search I Find, and Ciao Bella more than some of the standard edition tracks. That surprised me because I didn’t listen to the bonus tracks until much later on. 

I Don't Search, I Find wasn't a bonus track...:thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

Medellin still sounds like a solid first single months later.

I agree. I heard it recently and it sounded so strong and fresh. Would have been a number 1 ten years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rebelheart said:

I Don't Search, I Find wasn't a bonus track...:thumbsup:

Ok I didn’t realize that. Think the order of the tracks might be messed up on my playlist.

Link to post
Share on other sites

About bonus tracks... what i find really curious is that exactly the wto bonus (EO and LFM) are exactly the ones with less streaming on spotify. They are definitely not the more difficult tracks to listen or the most experimental ones and they are not even labelled as a bonus there!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stevenflowers said:

About bonus tracks... what i find really curious is that exactly the wto bonus (EO and LFM) are exactly the ones with less streaming on spotify. They are definitely not the more difficult tracks to listen or the most experimental ones and they are not even labelled as a bonus there!

Its kind of misleading. They are toward the end of the tracklist which songs at the end tend to get less streams. Plus they are next to FG and BIL which are features. So those two songs will get more streams. I Rise was also a promo single so it should have more streams. The only other non single is I Dont Search I find which is an uptempo song which could explain why it has more streams and it comes after BIL so people listening to that feature might keep listening to IDSIF. 

Basically if you take out FG, BIL, and I Rise you are left with two random album tracks at the end of the album. So its not as surprising they have less streams. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Its kind of misleading. They are toward the end of the tracklist which songs at the end tend to get less streams. Plus they are next to FG and BIL which are features. So those two songs will get more streams. I Rise was also a promo single so it should have more streams. The only other non single is I Dont Search I find which is an uptempo song which could explain why it has more streams and it comes after BIL so people listening to that feature might keep listening to IDSIF. 

Basically if you take out FG, BIL, and I Rise you are left with two random album tracks at the end of the album. So its not as surprising they have less streams. 

Thank you for the explanation, it really makes sense now!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in Uwajimaya, a Japanese grocer in Seattle and while browsing, something caught my ear... IDSIF was playing over their music system. I nearly dropped what I was holding. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kubi said:

I was in Uwajimaya, a Japanese grocer in Seattle and while browsing, something caught my ear... IDSIF was playing over their music system. I nearly dropped what I was holding. 

I guessed you liked what you heard...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 1:46 PM, boy skeffington said:

Loving Batuka so much ... can't wait to hear the drums live!

It was my favorite performance on the tour. I love the album version but the live version just was in another galaxy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Batuka was an absolute highlight, though I was expecting it to be since it was my favourite track from the album. Extreme occident and frozen were the other real highlights for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 2:58 AM, Nick said:

I actually like a few of the bonus tracks, such as, Looking For Mercy, I Don’t Search I Find, and Ciao Bella more than some of the standard edition tracks. That surprised me because I didn’t listen to the bonus tracks until much later on. 

Looking for Mercy and IDSIF shouldnt be considered bonus tracks. The proper Madame X is the 15 track "deluxe" edition - as reflected by the fact that the vinyl version contains all those tracks. I still cant fathom why they bothered releasing a "standard edition". it benefits absolutely no one and clearly wasnt the album that madonna presented as a finished product.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Andyrs said:

I'm not sure if this was discussed before, but do you think Madame X has some leftovers?

I would suspect so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Crozzauk said:

Looking for Mercy and IDSIF shouldnt be considered bonus tracks. The proper Madame X is the 15 track "deluxe" edition - as reflected by the fact that the vinyl version contains all those tracks. I still cant fathom why they bothered releasing a "standard edition". it benefits absolutely no one and clearly wasnt the album that madonna presented as a finished product.

I agree entirely to this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andyrs said:

I'm not sure if this was discussed before, but do you think Madame X has some leftovers?

Did all the tracks on the white board we saw last year end up in the album or were there other songs?

And I thought M said early in the launch this was just the start music wise implying there was more to come?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andyrs said:

I'm not sure if this was discussed before, but do you think Madame X has some leftovers?

Before the album release I had the feeling we would end up having the covers she's been doing in recent years in non-televised performances like

Between The Bars

If I Had A Hammer

Send In The Clowns

Can't Help Falling In Love

Wouldn't it have been awesome? I wonder why Madonna doesn't release these songs even if they're just web exclusives? They would have calmed the hunger between 2016-2018 :confused:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Andyrs said:

I'm not sure if this was discussed before, but do you think Madame X has some leftovers?

It’s funny ... I think I read somewhere on the forum before Madame X was even out that there was a rumor that there was “another whole album ready to go” ... and I said at the time that it now sounds like a standard rumor every time she has an album — I heard this from MTV sources at the time of COADF, and we had the ROL Veronica Electronica project, and with RHT we *know* she had the material and wanted to release a double album ... I mean, the only time it even half came true was with Remixed & Revisited after AL.

But, to answer your question? That’s the rumor — there is more material. I take it with a grain of salt at this point. 

There was that whole “#mixtape” thing from her IG stories, but who knows whether to make more out of that than it is (i.e., a hashtag and not a news release about a forthcoming project).

3 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Did all the tracks on the white board we saw last year end up in the album or were there other songs?

And I thought M said early in the launch this was just the start music wise implying there was more to come?

I recall what you are saying, @jonski43. I could be wrong, but I think it was about the Madame X Tour — it was very confusing at the time, so who knows what it all meant. But I recall it was when the theatre tour was announced, and not all of the cities had been announced yet ... and there was a lot of negativity online about the limited nature of this venture and the “exclusivity” aspect. And she made a post that seemed like a vague attempt to assuage the people who were complaining — and I thought she said something to the effect of “it’s just the beginning...” So many took heart thinking it meant she will visit other markets (South America, at least, if not Australia) ... but then, it also felt like a lot of wishful thinking, too, because either Arthur Fogel or some other official Live Nation source was sort of all but stating that this was it, no more. (And that has since been proven untrue, as San Francisco has been added, and there are very strong rumors about an Italian city, no?) ...

Anyway. That is my recollection. Was about the tour, not the album or more music.

I don’t know about the white board question — sorry. I don’t think there were (m)any tracks listed there that we didn’t get, though.

And @madgefan, I agree with your concept of releasing some covers digitally in the gap — it would have helped a little, I think. Then again, perhaps the gap built up the thirst and the excitement, and maybe there was some benefit in that for her commercially speaking. But, as a fan, I’d enjoy having those treats officially.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...