Madame X album general discussion

Madame X is my second most favorite album from her..Confessions will always be at the top though

On 5/11/2020 at 2:23 PM, Saint Madge said:

Madame X is my second most favorite album from her..Confessions will always be at the top though

i feel the exact way, it is a great album, but confessions has a special place in my heart

On 5/13/2020 at 2:40 AM, lolums said:

i feel the exact way, it is a great album, but confessions has a special place in my heart

Must be due to nostalgia and the fact how she shook the world with a dance album when she was turning 46.Others can only wish that kind of longevity and Iconic discography

I love MX.  To me, it is all that MDNA could have been if Madonna would have not been selling all of her non-music wares and what Rebel Heart would have been without the insane leaks and the rushed efforts to fix the problem.  I still enjoy MDNA and Rebel Heart but MX.... damn... what a fantastic piece of work, start to finish.  Platinum gold.  

4 hours ago, Saint Madge said:

Must be due to nostalgia and the fact how she shook the world with a dance album when she was turning 46.Others can only wish that kind of longevity and Iconic discography

yeah i think a lot of it is nostalgia, everything i hear one of the single it reminds me being younger, especially sorry and get together

Madame X is the album of hers that continues to grow on me and I already loved it from the start. Top 5 Madonna album, for me. Other 4 in no particular order are: erotica, confessions, like a prayer, ray of light. 😁

Now a days,I keep wondering what wil be her next album's sound..She loves reinvention...What if she's gonna do s completely Hip-hop,urban R&B album? I'm so here for that

On 5/17/2020 at 1:40 AM, Saint Madge said:

Now a days,I keep wondering what wil be her next album's sound..She loves reinvention...What if she's gonna do s completely Hip-hop,urban R&B album? I'm so here for that

I'd absolutely love that, but only with the introspective lyrics I know that she's capable of putting out. At this stage in her life, she has so much we can learn from. I want to know what she thinks at 60. How she views the world. How *she* is, not always her opinion on the governments or songs about sex. She's never really pulled back that curtain, per se. Madame X was close, but it was much more character play than a raw record.

With great lyrics, I'd be down for any style of music, including Hip Hop. It's the grillz and "see my booty get down like" lyrics that get in the way of the coolness factor. She can kill it with any musical style, as her discography has shown. 

I look forward to whatever comes next.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:40 AM, Saint Madge said:

I feel like she will come full circle and do another 'Confessions' with Stuart Price. Wishful thinking i know.

After she went political with Mirwais on American Life, she then went full-on dance pop with Stuart with Confessions. Also after a horse injury, but this time a knee injury...

10 hours ago, acko said:

Such great STUDIO albums.

Thank you for including I'm Breathless.

22 hours ago, svperstar said:

Madame X is a career highlight. This is not negotiable.

One of the best albums of her career. I’ve been playing it regularly this month. I can always tell a year in, when the newness has worn off. If I’m still listening a year in, I’ll be listening always.

Extreme Occident is such a haunting song.

On 5/20/2020 at 6:24 PM, Shane said:

One of the best albums of her career. I’ve been playing it regularly this month. I can always tell a year in, when the newness has worn off. If I’m still listening a year in, I’ll be listening always.

Extreme Occident is such a haunting song.

My favorite from the album.

I had a moment this past week and realized what a great piece of work this album is! Such a unique experience it takes me to another world. I fell in love with it. ❤️

Just few days ago i was reading again some negative review both from italian and english magazines... it's beyond me how some critics were so harsh towards it. I mean i can get why they didn't consider it a masterpiece, i could be a divisive record but there's a difference between not liking it very much and give it a 4 like it was a shitty album. The richness and the research behind its production alone should be enough to give it a safe 6 at least.

On 6/3/2020 at 2:15 AM, stevenflowers said:

Just few days ago i was reading again some negative review both from italian and english magazines... it's beyond me how some critics were so harsh towards it. I mean i can get why they didn't consider it a masterpiece, i could be a divisive record but there's a difference between not liking it very much and give it a 4 like it was a shitty album. The richness and the research behind its production alone should be enough to give it a safe 6 at least.

It was actually this album that finally set me free of revering critical opinion. I read review after review trashing Killers Who Are Partying, and then when I listened to the album for the first time, it was the standout track for me. Then I went back and reconsidered some of my favourite albums against their critical reviews and realised that quite often, music writers don't actually know what they are talking about. It's just some twenty-something hipster guy writing about a genre, artist or gender he feels disconnected from.