Madame X album general discussion

Fabia Rebordao (Madonna's fado singer from the Madame X trailer) came to Mexico to perform in my city last night. I knew before hand so I arrived early and sat front row. What a talented woman! She got a standing ovation by the end and we exchanged smiles the entire show cause I was clapping like a madman the whole time 😂 i wanted to approach her later but I wasn't able to get close after the show. I can see why Madonna chose to work with her, that woman is a damn talent. I am glad I got exposed to fado music thanks to Madonna!

19 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

One of her most solid and creative albums of her career. What a journey. 

This!

I really didn't expect all those musical influences, the tracklist is cohesive, I was pleasantly surprised by that. It's one of her most inspired albums. I recognize myself in the songs, the lyrics touch me for diverse reasons.

Edited by Mr.X

7 months later, my love for this album has only grown. It is truly her best album since Music and will be recognized retrospectively as one of the artistic peaks of the last part of her career. For the first time since American Life, even the remixes are good and deserve more than one listening.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:49 PM, Martin B. said:

7 months later, my love for this album has only grown. It is truly her best album since Music and will be recognized retrospectively as one of the artistic peaks of the last part of her career. For the first time since American Life, even the remixes are good and deserve more than one listening.

Well said! 👏 This album has become one of my favorite albums of her discography. It keeps amazing me. I just love it!

On 1/28/2020 at 6:07 PM, Mr.X said:

This!

I really didn't expect all those musical influences, the tracklist is cohesive, I was pleasantly surprised by that. It's one of her most inspired albums. I recognize myself in the songs, the lyrics touch me for diverse reasons.

On 2/1/2020 at 4:49 PM, Martin B. said:

Taste.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:06 AM, Ghost Town said:

I live for the dance remixes this era. Madame RemiXed please

Yes!! Great name!! They should make compilation of the best remixes and the 3 bonus tracks, call it Madame RemiXed and stick it streaming ASAP! 

12 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

I found this on you tube

He critizes, disses Madonna based on Madame X album sales and its singles' performances on Billboard Hot 100 chart.

The chart performance has been declining ever since the 80's so whats the point?

Guest eroticerotic
15 hours ago, dollhouse said:

The chart performance has been declining ever since the 80's so whats the point?

I think when people question her decline it is because she has the potential to have another renaissance. Its up to her though.

I keep discovering Madame X's .. Madonna is probably aware of this, as an art lover

Madame X or Portrait of Madame X is the title of a portrait painting by John Singer Sargent of a young socialite, Virginie AmÊlie Avegno Gautreau, wife of the French banker Pierre Gautreau. Madame X was painted not as a commission, but at the request of Sargent. It is a study in opposition. Sargent shows a woman posing in a black satin dress with jeweled straps, a dress that reveals and hides at the same time. The portrait is characterized by the pale flesh tone of the subject contrasted against a dark colored dress and background.

The scandal resulting from the painting's controversial reception at the Paris Salon of 1884 amounted to a temporary set-back to Sargent while in France, though it may have helped him later establish a successful career in Britain and America.

1024px-Madame_X_(Madame_Pierre_Gautreau)

This is the only time the painter got some controversy.

Almost an year after its release my love for Madame X only keeps growing, other than in comparison to her last releases (although I love RH). This album confirms more and more why it belongs to my Madonna Top 5 (even if there are some small things I don't like). Last week I listened a lot to my Top 5 and realized how Madame X matches to them and why it is with no doubt one of her best records.

6 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

Almost an year after its release my love for Madame X only keeps growing, other than in comparison to her last releases (although I love RH). This album confirms more and more why it belongs to my Madonna Top 5 (even if there are some small things I don't like). Last week I listened a lot to my Top 5 and realized how Madame X matches to them and why it is with no doubt one of her best records.

it's growing on me too, going better than I expected it to

20 hours ago, Nikki said:

I keep discovering Madame X's .. Madonna is probably aware of this, as an art lover

Madame X or Portrait of Madame X is the title of a portrait painting by John Singer Sargent of a young socialite, Virginie AmÊlie Avegno Gautreau, wife of the French banker Pierre Gautreau. Madame X was painted not as a commission, but at the request of Sargent. It is a study in opposition. Sargent shows a woman posing in a black satin dress with jeweled straps, a dress that reveals and hides at the same time. The portrait is characterized by the pale flesh tone of the subject contrasted against a dark colored dress and background.

The scandal resulting from the painting's controversial reception at the Paris Salon of 1884 amounted to a temporary set-back to Sargent while in France, though it may have helped him later establish a successful career in Britain and America.

that's a great portrait btw

Just now, Vogue992 said:

Still ADORE the entire album.

I still can't believe she gave us such a MASTERPIECE nearly 40 years in her career.

We really are BLESSED to have this woman. 

I never take it for granted; every time I see an act go haywire, die, fall into oblivion, repeat themselves ad infinitum, disband, etc I thank this mothafucka she's still with us 🤩💃 , pushing us, the media, herself and music to be better

22 hours ago, Nikki said:

Yes, in the VIP book Madame X has two aliases, one being Madame Virginia Gautreau and the other being Lola Montez

On 2/10/2020 at 9:15 PM, Vogue992 said:

I still can't believe she gave us such a MASTERPIECE nearly 40 years in her career.

This!

On 2/10/2020 at 9:15 PM, Vogue992 said:

It's exceptional. David Bowie is the only one I can think of who's had that kind of a discography. And I say that as a harcore Prince fan.

Me too! I often listen to the album, I consider it as an enriching journey. The songs are really interesting. Most of them have unexpected and unconventional musical constructions.