Madame X album general discussion

1 hour ago, Samo said:

I said it's a visual album just as Madonna is a visual artist in that, she's playing different personas on the album, that make up Madame X, not in that she was gonna make a video for every song type visual album...

It's all pointless now anyway, 98% of the general public have no idea about the album or that she's even on tour, her career, legacy and lack of PR push has been an absolute DISGRACE in the last 10 years

There's no other way to put it

It's like a nightmare you can't wake up from

Ashame because RH and MX are good albums

Madonna is a 60 year old woman doing pop music.

She also didn't send songs to radios because she knows they wouldn't play her.

You need to realize Madonna is not competing with anyone in their 20's, 30's or even 40's right now. She's beyond that stage and trying to think she should even do that is ridiculous!

She's still doing better numbers than every woman pre-Beyonce. Look at Mariah, Janet, Celine's english albums usually sell around the same as Madonna. Madonna has already surpassed sales from Britney, Christina Aguilera, etc...people 2 generations younger than her (Mariah etc were the ones before).

She also just gave us 6 music videos for the first time since ever. She doesn't need to do that shit anymore lol. She clearly is doing this because she loves it. If she wanted to just do money she'd re-release all her material, promote that,  announce her first Greatest Hits tour and do stadiums with it. Clearly that's not where she is at fortunately.

Edited by TiagoRodrigues

7 hours ago, boy skeffington said:

Her goal isn't Grammy awards and acclaim. We got 5 amazing videos and actual promotional strategy until the tour. It SUCKS she doesn't get accolades but it's likely she never will again. She knows this. I'd hate to see her campaigning. If Bruce isn't getting nominated there's no way she will. That ship has sailed for now. 

Madonna makes the decisions, so hating Guy is fine but really. She just put her music on Stranger Things and it did exactly what it was supposed to do...promote her to new audiences. It wouldn't have made any Madame X song more of a hit.

6 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Oh please, as if any effects on her voice, production or promotion had anything to do with the lack of nominations.🙄 Even before the release of the album, it was clear that she would have no nomination. These are again unrealistic expectations that some members of this forum have created for themselves. Even at the time of her peak of commercial and critical glory, she was barely recognized by the Grammys and never in the major categories. It's clearly not now that it's going to change as producers are desperate to bring back an audience that deserts this ridiculous and boring awards show for years.

Realism.

Thank you gentlemen.

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Nothing but positive things to say about this extraordinary body of work and tour this era! We don’t deserve her. She knocked it out of the park.

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

You’re so overdramatic, it’s ridiculous. All I asked for was for you to back up your claim that it was a “so-called visual album.” You can’t, got it. Do you ever get tired of complaining? Because we’re tired of reading your moaning about magazine covers FIVE months after the fact.

We got nineteen new songs, five music videos, and a critically-acclaimed tour. Her artistic passion is unmatched and we’re beyond lucky that she’s so engaged nearly 35 years into her career. What a waste of energy to continually bitch about the commercial aspect of this inspired project.

giphy.gif

THANK YOU for reminding us of what truly matters.

5 minutes ago, TiagoRodrigues said:

Madonna is a 60 year old woman doing pop music.

She also didn't send songs to radios because she knows they wouldn't play her.

You need to realize Madonna is not competing with anyone in their 20's, 30's or even 40's right now. She's beyond that stage and trying to think she should even do that is ridiculous!

She's still doing better numbers than every woman pre-Beyonce. Look at Mariah, Janet, Celine's english albums usually sell around the same as Madonna. Madonna has already surpassed sales from Britney, Christina Aguilera, etc...people 2 generations younger than her (Mariah etc were the ones before).

She also just gave us 6 music videos for the first time since ever. She doesn't need to do that shit anymore lol. She clearly is doing this because she loves it. If she wanted to just do money she'd re-release all her material, promote that,  announce her first Greatest Hits tour and do stadiums with it. Clearly that's not where she is at fortunately.

👍

It's reassuring to see that there are still people here who live in the real world and not in their delusional fantasy.

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

You’re so overdramatic, it’s ridiculous. All I asked for was for you to back up your claim that it was a “so-called visual album.” You can’t, got it. Do you ever get tired of complaining? Because we’re tired of reading your moaning about magazine covers FIVE months after the fact.

We got nineteen new songs, five music videos, and a critically-acclaimed tour. Her artistic passion is unmatched and we’re beyond lucky that she’s so engaged nearly 35 years into her career. What a waste of energy to continually bitch about the commercial aspect of this inspired project.

:clap:

@Samo Say it once and move on but you just keep going and going. Look at you coming out of nowhere to ruin yet another thread. :rolleyes: Do you like ANYTHING lately? We can all predict what you’ll say in threads because you’re such a broken record about it. You only post to whine what’s going wrong to YOU and be a pedantic wet blanket in threads. Oh and insert hateful rants about women. The warnings and suspensions don’t seem to be working. Enough! *FLUSH*

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Amazing. And she more than delivered with everything that followed. I was not prepared! Another era of killer material, stunning visuals, and out-of-the-box creativity. Madame X has been everything.

Agreed. The inspiration was everywhere. You can tell she knew exactly what she wanted with this record. 

Who else owns the clear vinyl for MX? Do you find it incredibly difficult to cue a specific track? I simply cant see where a track starts and ends. Some of them are obvious but others arent. So weird. lol 

edit: wanted to make it obvious I own her other albums on vinyl without this problem.

Honestly I have NO IDEA why people would lose their shit over THE GRAMMYS . 

14 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

@Samo Say it once and move on but you just keep going and going. Look at you coming out of nowhere to ruin yet another thread. :rolleyes: Do you like ANYTHING lately? We can all predict what you’ll say in threads because you’re such a broken record about it. You only post to whine what’s going wrong to YOU and be a pedantic wet blanket in threads. Oh and insert hateful rants about women. The warnings and suspensions don’t seem to be working. Enough! *FLUSH*

giphy.gif

Finally ! 

source.gif

https://www.culledculture.com/madonna-grammys-madame-x/

The Snubbing of Madame X By the Grammys Is Something of a Compliment

While even Barbra Streisand managed to get a nod from the Grammys (for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album thanks to Walls), noticeably lacking from the OG gay icon list was Madonna. Lost amid “fresher” competitors like Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Lana Del Rey and, somehow, Vampire Weekend. Very strange indeed considering that Madame X was one of the most daring and memorable records released in 2019. Challenging norms and defying convention both sonically and with accompanying videos that included “Medellin,” “Dark Ballet,” “Crave,” “I Rise,” “God Control” and “Batuka.”

Recorded while in Lisbon for the benefit of her son, David Banda, joining the Benfica soccer team, the experimental nature of the album (going well-beyond anything Madonna did on Ray of Light or American Life, the two records consistently deemed her most avant-garde) is unapologetic and relentless throughout, with producer credits from Mirwais Ahmadzaï, Mike Dean, Diplo, Billboard, Jason Evigan and Jeff Bhasker.

Which is perhaps why the Grammys didn’t know what to do with it, Billie Eilish being just the right amount of “experimental” in the present climate. On that note, Eilish’s debut was given six nods (Best Solo Performance, Best New Artist, Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album) for her debut, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?. Mind you, Madonna’s self-titled first record received no award nominations, setting something of a precedent for being overlooked throughout her entire career, save for that Ray of Light moment at the 1999 Grammys. Because yes, out of twenty-eight nominations in the past thirty-plus years, she’s only won seven times. A head-scratching anomaly if ever there was one, and more than somewhat proving that to be acknowledged by “major” institutions with clearly no taste is more insult than compliment. 

Even so, her label, Interscope, reportedly submitted Madame X for Album of the Year, “Medellin” for Best Pop Duo Performance and “Crave” for Record of the Year. The Recording Academy could not be bothered. For, more than anything, it seems Madonna continues to represent to “real” musicians that she is all raw ambition and no talent. The shadowy judgment that has cast a pall throughout the success of her fourteen studio albums, each offering at least one chart-topping single. But charts are of no concern to the Grammys, who want to see “true” singers shine. And yet, they seem to forget that show(wo)manship and artistry are key components to putting out a record that will endure (David Bowie certainly knew something about that). 

As though seemingly punished for this ability to interweave all aspects of art into her career–a multimedia genius–Madonna has somehow been ignored. Then again, she has always rebelled against the establishment rather than seeking to be recognized by it. In this way, it is as she says on Madame X’s “Extreme Occident,” “Life is a circle”–and it will circuitously repeat the same pattern of Madonna being snubbed. 

3 hours ago, Priceless said:

The irony of Madonna getting snubbed when the Grammys avoided chart-toppers and also getting snubbed now that they have embraced chart-toppers (and she is no longer one of them) is somewhat irritating.

Yes.... how ironic it is.... 

On 11/20/2019 at 6:25 PM, ROCKERITO_MX said:

Zero nominations for Bruce Springsteen as well. The Grammies are the new mtv awards🤷🏻‍♂️ Some of the nominations are ridiculous😑😑

Barbra is nominated for her Walls album. She is always nominated when she releases something new.

2 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

Barbra is nominated for her Walls album. She is always nominated when she releases something new.

She and Willie Nelson and Tony Benett are always guaranteed in this category... it's like the academy automatically reserved them for such.... traditional pop..... a category for "old folks"... 

The Shammys usually nominated/awarded safe chart-toppers, though, especially in the main categories. They're looking at younger acts now, though it's still about safe, non-risky selections.

In any event, MX continues to shine her light, audibly and visually.

And, nice cover indeed.

Just now, HolidayGuy said:

The Shammys usually nominated/awarded safe chart-toppers, though., especially in the main categories. They're looking at younger acts now, though it's still about sage, non-risky selections.

This. 

16 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

The Shammys usually nominated/awarded safe chart-toppers, though, especially in the main categories. They're looking at younger acts now, though it's still about safe, non-risky selections.

And, nice cover indeed.

The Shammies. Hilarious. Because that’s what it’s turned into. Most music today is crap. Or am I too old? Madonna is my Queen. Zeppelin are my Kings. Guess so. But I’m good. Madonna is on tour!!!!! 

Turned into? It's been that for decades upon decades. 😋 The first instance it gave M major notice in the major categories? After Evita, and she was a mother, behaving (for the most part) in a proper manner. Not that ROL wasn't worthy of the notice- it's one of her most acclaimed works- but going by what the Grammys nominated through its history, she certainly should have had nominations in Album of the Year and Record of the Year prior, among other nominations she should have had.

The atrocity that True Blue, Who's That Girl, Like A Prayer was over overlooked for the 80s!! That said pretty much... As much as they denied "Take A Bow" for Record and Song of The Year that year, I just want to punch the academy in their face!!! 

But then, its throughout these snubs year after year that I've now became - the academy can award whoever they see fit with their gold - a meaningless, totally biased award show under the disguise of being a peer voting award show.... yeah, when those peer of yours are all towards teenage music!!! 

Lady gaga can now get 9 awards throughout her short lifespan of 10 years, shamelessly campaigning for that grammys/oscars.... to me, the once coveted now becomes covered with shit and dust - and this is by no means of sour grapes... just that it made me open my eyes - witnessing the industry manipulating people for these awards or vice versa... there's no merit or validity anymore.... all just goes down the drain....

23 hours ago, lasky said:

Lady gaga can now get 9 awards throughout her short lifespan of 10 years, shamelessly campaigning for that grammys/oscars.... to me, the once coveted now becomes covered with shit and dust - and this is by no means of sour grapes... just that it made me open my eyes - witnessing the industry manipulating people for these awards or vice versa... there's no merit or validity anymore.... all just goes down the drain....

Doesn't Beyoncé have 27 Grammys or whatever and another 4 nominations this year?
What other proof we need that anyone can buy a Grammy? Madonna already said Awards are overrated and she refuses to pay for them.

3 hours ago, Brisy_Boy said:

Doesn't Beyoncé have 27 Grammys or whatever and another 4 nominations this year?
What other proof we need that anyone can buy a Grammy? Madonna already said Awards are overrated and she refuses to pay for them.

yeah, not exactly sure how many grannies beyondsay has... anyways... she can have the world most number of awards if she wants to ..... buy them all... 

Madame X is her watershed album of the 2010s. She’s had one each decade. Iconique.

80s: Like A Prayer

90s: Ray Of Light

00s: Confessions On A Dance Floor

10s: Madame X

Madame X is such a brilliant album. Thanks to it, I can literally transpose my joyful or sad memories into every song. The melancholy is present in the whole album, which allows us to remember different moments of our life. I think it's a special album. You have to be in a certain mood to be able to listen to it but once you do that, it's amazing!