Madame X album general discussion

Guest eroticerotic

I honestly feel like she needs new people around her. theres still something in her that in my opinion has not come to fruition, in full. theres still a restraint. I feel that. in everything she does. moreso in madame x. like a cry for a partner or tribe in crime.

20 hours ago, Crozzauk said:

Looking for Mercy and IDSIF shouldnt be considered bonus tracks. The proper Madame X is the 15 track "deluxe" edition - as reflected by the fact that the vinyl version contains all those tracks. I still cant fathom why they bothered releasing a "standard edition". it benefits absolutely no one and clearly wasnt the album that madonna presented as a finished product.

Stop staying IDSIF is a bonus track 😂😂😂

On 10/12/2019 at 12:57 AM, jonski43 said:

I agree. I heard it recently and it sounded so strong and fresh. Would have been a number 1 ten years ago.

22 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

It does. What a fantastic song.

I see it being#1 too. Such a different sound for the Queen that caught the fans off guard at first. Relistening to it months later it's a great feel good track.

On 10/19/2019 at 7:56 AM, Crozzauk said:

Looking for Mercy and IDSIF shouldnt be considered bonus tracks. The proper Madame X is the 15 track "deluxe" edition - as reflected by the fact that the vinyl version contains all those tracks. I still cant fathom why they bothered releasing a "standard edition". it benefits absolutely no one and clearly wasnt the album that madonna presented as a finished product.

I will never get the point of the 'standard' editions. And I believe she has said that she considers the 'deluxe' versions of the last two albums as essentially the true, full versions of those albums.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:21 PM, eroticerotic said:

I honestly feel like she needs new people around her. theres still something in her that in my opinion has not come to fruition, in full. theres still a restraint. I feel that. in everything she does. moreso in madame x. like a cry for a partner or tribe in crime.

I feel completely the opposite. It feels like Madame X is the opposite of any sort of restraint. It feels like a certain sort of freedom she hasn't quite had in a good while.

7 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I will never get the point of the 'standard' editions. And I believe she has said that she considers the 'deluxe' versions of the last two albums as essentially the true, full versions of those albums.

I feel completely the opposite. It feels like Madame X is the opposite of any sort of restraint. It feels like a certain sort of freedom she hasn't quite had in a good while.

Absolutely agree. While I'm not a huge fan of the album, I can respect and appreciate that she created something completely left of field that feels unrestrained. She obviously didn't make this album to burn up the charts. I'd say that MX is probably the album she wanted to make after American Life as it feels like its natural successor. 

Guest eroticerotic
8 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

My post was kind of loaded/emotional. I musta felt a type of way Bc I don’t even remember posting it

yes I agree mx shows the opposite of what I’m saying. I guess I meant  more of people around her.  

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Can anyone help? 

I'm looking for an image, it was taken by Mert & Marcus for Apple, it's M dressed as Madame X with a guitar - I can't find it anywhere!!

Image result for madonna guitarra portuguesa

Is it this one?

20 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Can anyone help? 

I'm looking for an image, it was taken by Mert & Marcus for Apple, it's M dressed as Madame X with a guitar - I can't find it anywhere!!

The only Apple image I know is this one.

Image result for madonna guitarra 2019  Mert & Marcus for Apple crave

Just now, luluthecat said:

Ah ha. Found it!

1275768.jpg

Why wasn't this image used on anything???? It's fucking gorgeous!! 

It's a great image but she is with an accordion, not a guitar 😉
It can still be used... would give a great SINGLE COVER for CRAZY 😍

6 hours ago, alexis said:

In fact she sang an excerpt from the song. But it was a great presentation.

Yes, but before she sang it live in Zurich

Here she only sang a few seconds at the time together with this other song (Bola Rebola) starting here until the end of the song:

Was in an HMV today and there wasn't a single CD or vinyl copy of the album. 😡

10 hours ago, cocolattee said:

imagine this as a 12" sleeve

a dream

Yes, that would be such a glorious cover! It would make a great album cover like for a deluxe reboot!

I just can't tell you how happy I am that we got so many -not good - Great Madonna videos this era so far! And GC being one of her most important in her career imho, America is not really ready but in the future everyone will see how far ahead she was 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, poprock said:

I can't help but feel a bit disappointed that Madame X didn't get any Grammy nominations. I thought it would've gotten a little recognition for being such a brilliant album. 

It's incredibly annoying. The only thing in relation is Tracy Young's "I Rise (Pride Remix)" getting nominated for Best Remixed Recording (which bothers me that it never goes to the vocalist as well). 

Honestly the vocal production of Madame X killed most of its chances. It was a mess. 
I love the album but i always felt like the great messages were being overshadowed by those vocal effects. 
You can't really have such heartfelt messages and Portuguese sounds with sound effects like Batuka and most Mirwais songs. 

I feel like her vocal production was much better in everything not-Mirwais: Crave, Come Alive, Looking For Mercy, etc. 
The only Mirwais song that i felt the vocals weren't entirely ruined was Extreme Occident. 

Her PR is a disaster, she barely promotes and goes right into tour rehearsals and forgets she released an album

I mean, knowing radio won't play her new stuff, why didn't she herself pay for a radio deal for Medillian, why didn't she do more performances or promo?  Why didn't she have a popular TV series, movie or commercial use the song ?

That fire is long gone, been gone since Confessions

Shit management, non existent PR, legacy severely damaged the last 10 years etc

FIRE GUY

FIRE GUY

FIRE GUY

Go back to a REAL record label too

40 minutes ago, Samo said:

Her PR is a disaster, she barely promotes and goes right into tour rehearsals and forgets she released an album

I mean, knowing radio won't play her new stuff, why didn't she herself pay for a radio deal for Medillian, why didn't she do more performances or promo?  Why didn't she have a popular TV series, movie or commercial use the song ?

That fire is long gone, been gone since Confessions

Shit management, non existent PR, legacy severely damaged the last 10 years etc

FIRE GUY

FIRE GUY

FIRE GUY

Go back to a REAL record label too

Her goal isn't Grammy awards and acclaim. We got 5 amazing videos and actual promotional strategy until the tour. It SUCKS she doesn't get accolades but it's likely she never will again. She knows this. I'd hate to see her campaigning. If Bruce isn't getting nominated there's no way she will. That ship has sailed for now. 

Madonna makes the decisions, so hating Guy is fine but really. She just put her music on Stranger Things and it did exactly what it was supposed to do...promote her to new audiences. It wouldn't have made any Madame X song more of a hit.

Oh please, as if any effects on her voice, production or promotion had anything to do with the lack of nominations.🙄 Even before the release of the album, it was clear that she would have no nomination. These are again unrealistic expectations that some members of this forum have created for themselves. Even at the time of her peak of commercial and critical glory, she was barely recognized by the Grammys and never in the major categories. It's clearly not now that it's going to change as producers are desperate to bring back an audience that deserts this ridiculous and boring awards show for years.