Madame X album general discussion

22 minutes ago, lasky said:

The Grammys have lost their credibility long ago.... but for justice's sake, I want Madame X to shine as it is her time!!! But I told myself repeatedly to be ready for the upsets and disappointment more than any surprises, that way, you could maintain some cool (at the very least)... 

True, they have become more like the old VMA lately... but sometimes something unespected can happen, think about the last AOTY winner that was still not that big (commercially speaking) or Beck winning five years ago.

6 hours ago, stevenflowers said:

True, they have become more like the old VMA lately... but sometimes something unespected can happen, think about the last AOTY winner that was still not that big (commercially speaking) or Beck winning five years ago.

Yes, I'm hopeful but at the same time prepared for disappointment so it's 50-50... that said, winning also means acknowledging Madonna and her team, Mirwais, Mike Dean and her producers, engineers and most importantly,  Martha Graham.... for her inspiration and giving Madame X her name.

Madame X is Madonna’s best effort in some time. She fuses different types of music and different generations of music into one song after song. One moment it’s a Latin beat, then I’m at a disco in ‘78 and then a nice rap. It’s amazing how she can do this musical fusion. And who just loved her at the piano?

1 hour ago, lasky said:

Yes, I'm hopeful but at the same time prepared for disappointment so it's 50-50...

Me too, maybe i'm more 40-60 (nomination-not nominated)...

OT: i was sooooo in love with the toy in your avatar when i was a child! 😄

On 10/2/2019 at 2:57 PM, lasky said:

It's time for Madame X to shine brightly!

Madame X happened the same as Erotica and American Life: It stands as a personal masterpiece for itself, with or without awards. If the law of the rule is correct, then the next album will be a commercial hit again. 🍀

2 hours ago, Kelmadfan said:

Madame X is Madonna’s best effort in some time. She fuses different types of music and different generations of music into one song after song. One moment it’s a Latin beat, then I’m at a disco in ‘78 and then a nice rap. It’s amazing how she can do this musical fusion. And who just loved her at the piano?

My boyfriend listened to the whole album and appreciated it with great depth. That’s not his usual music preference but I’ve caught him listening to Future, Crave, Faz Gostoso and Butch I’m Loca a lot. 

Yeah. When I first listened to it I couldn’t finish it. Then Sirius XM had the Madonna channel for a few weeks and I heard a lot of the songs then. I really liked Future and Crave. They spoke to me first. Then I saw the videos and they were great. Madonna always has great music videos. She is the Queen, after all!

After seeing the songs live, the album came alive for me and now I’m really into it. Sometimes Madonna’s music doesn’t automatically click. I can remember first listening to LAV when first released and I hated it. After the videos, they really grew on me and it seems history repeating itself. 

2 hours ago, mtsanis said:

Does anyone still have that pic from the Madame X listening session, with the whiteboard of the tracklisting?

Curious to know if that was an early sequence of the tracklist.

That was just the mixing board tracklist, not the real order or sequence to the album. 

9 hours ago, stevenflowers said:

Me too, maybe i'm more 40-60 (nomination-not nominated)...

OT: i was sooooo in love with the toy in your avatar when i was a child! 😄

Yeah, M.A.S.K. was awesome👍 for me... especially a flying motorcycle... how cool was that? 🤟🤟🤟

22 hours ago, lasky said:

The Grammys have lost their credibility long ago.... but for justice's sake, I want Madame X to shine as it is her time!!! But I told myself repeatedly to be ready for the upsets and disappointment more than any surprises, that way, you could maintain some cool (at the very least)... 

She's up against Beyonce, Toilet and Gags, the three biggest award buyers going 😂

She won't win a thing. And that's the war we want it as one day, they'll ask be exposed as the frauds they are.

Here I am worrying about opening the Ltd Ed CD booklet, and I’ve got the Box Set which has it all in there. Even the cassette. Who does cassettes? 🤔 

Yay! I’ll play it soon. Really loud. Starting with the bonus tracks. 

I am such a silly old school fan, I am I am. 💜

8 hours ago, mtsanis said:

nevermind, i found it! 

If you notice, the tracks are in order by producer/writer 🙂 I also believe they are in order of creation. It’s been stated that Killers was the first song written and it’s the first on the list 🙂 

heres the list for anyone who’s interested 

{produced by Mirwais}

1. Killers

2. Extreme Occident++

3. Dark Ballet*

4. IDSIF 

5. God Control++ 

6. Batuka** 

7. Funana** 

8. Medellín*** 

{produced by Diplo} 

9. Future 

{produced by or written with Jason Evigan} 

10. I Rise 

11. Crazy

{produced by Mike Dean} 

11. Crazy 

12. Faz Gostoso**** 

13. Loca***** 

14. Back That Up****** 

15. Come Alive 

I have no idea what the asterisk marks or the plus signs mean. I assume those songs needed more work done at the time of the white board video?

Notably missing: 

Crave {Mike Dean} 

Looking For Mercy {Mike Dean} 

Ciao Bella {Mirwais} 

Also, I’d say it’s safe to assume there’s a demo of Crazy produced by Jason Evigan

17 hours ago, jonski43 said:

She's up against Beyonce, Toilet and Gags, the three biggest award buyers going 😂

She won't win a thing. And that's the war we want it as one day, they'll ask be exposed as the frauds they are.

I recalled I saw an article on Billboard about RIAA called for an investigation about musicians buying their way for airplay or something.... playing under table games to garner hits for themselves... hopefully they will be out for a full investigation for fraud.... don't big organizations have audits? Such as Grammys, the various record companies.... 

7 hours ago, lasky said:

I recalled I saw an article on Billboard about RIAA called for an investigation about musicians buying their way for airplay or something.... playing under table games to garner hits for themselves... hopefully they will be out for a full investigation for fraud.... don't big organizations have audits? Such as Grammys, the various record companies.... 

I assume no checks in place for award shows at present. The golden globes are the worst apparently with potential winners turning up at kids parties etc to get the voters on side. Grammies are known to cash cheques and even the Oscars have a history of the odd fix going in although clearly Gaga couldn't pay enough for any acting awards.

The RIAA is investigating chart fraud and manipulation which probably stems from an investigation by a Norwegian (?) Team who said Kanye's streaming figures were impossible. Basically, streams from other smaller artists appear to have been credited to Drake, Kanye and Beyonce which is theft. 

2 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I assume no checks in place for award shows at present. The golden globes are the worst apparently with potential winners turning up at kids parties etc to get the voters on side. Grammies are known to cash cheques and even the Oscars have a history of the odd fix going in although clearly Gaga couldn't pay enough for any acting awards.

The RIAA is investigating chart fraud and manipulation which probably stems from an investigation by a Norwegian (?) Team who said Kanye's streaming figures were impossible. Basically, streams from other smaller artists appear to have been credited to Drake, Kanye and Beyonce which is theft. 

I hope some light comes out from it and if the musicians were really guilty for such an under table act, they should be deserving punished for theft and fraud and making the public believed their achievement... in this day and age, I believed anything is possible and hope justice serves its purpose... 

17 hours ago, Kelmadfan said:

Here I am worrying about opening the Ltd Ed CD booklet, and I’ve got the Box Set which has it all in there. Even the cassette. Who does cassettes? 🤔 

Yay! I’ll play it soon. Really loud. Starting with the bonus tracks. 

I am such a silly old school fan, I am I am. 💜

Your enthusiasm and love for our idol is admirable. 😘

4 hours ago, lasky said:

I hope some light comes out from it and if the musicians were really guilty for such an under table act, they should be deserving punished for theft and fraud and making the public believed their achievement... in this day and age, I believed anything is possible and hope justice serves its purpose... 

This kind of crap has been going on in one incarnation or another for a long time. 

21 hours ago, sillynate said:

If you notice, the tracks are in order by producer/writer 🙂 I also believe they are in order of creation. It’s been stated that Killers was the first song written and it’s the first on the list 🙂 

heres the list for anyone who’s interested 

{produced by Mirwais}

1. Killers

2. Extreme Occident++

3. Dark Ballet*

4. IDSIF 

5. God Control++ 

6. Batuka** 

7. Funana** 

8. Medellín*** 

{produced by Diplo} 

9. Future 

{produced by or written with Jason Evigan} 

10. I Rise 

11. Crazy

{produced by Mike Dean} 

11. Crazy 

12. Faz Gostoso**** 

13. Loca***** 

14. Back That Up****** 

15. Come Alive 

I have no idea what the asterisk marks or the plus signs mean. I assume those songs needed more work done at the time of the white board video?

Notably missing: 

Crave {Mike Dean} 

Looking For Mercy {Mike Dean} 

Ciao Bella {Mirwais} 

Also, I’d say it’s safe to assume there’s a demo of Crazy produced by Jason Evigan

thank you! yea, that makes sense!

16 hours ago, trevorhog said:

Madonna has a show in London on the night of the Grammys... I always love Madonna’s appearances at the Grammys!! Does anyone think she’ll be nominated realistically?

She won't. Or if she is, she'll be for something she's not winning. 

I think it would be a miracle if she got nominated in the lesser categories. She doesn’t have an aggressive team and record company massively campaigning all year long the way Beyonce, Gaga, Taylor get. Taylor’s new album was already getting AOTY payola articles hype while it was still being recorded and before anybody even heard it. 😑 Most Grammy voters are completely unaware Madonna had any new music out this year.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:22 PM, trevorhog said:

Madonna has a show in London on the night of the Grammys... I always love Madonna’s appearances at the Grammys!! Does anyone think she’ll be nominated realistically?

Seriously, the cheques that will be flying around by Bouncey, Toilet and Gags mean she won't have a chance at a win but I think she'll get a nomination for AOTY. 

I think the three witches will come to an agreement like this:

Toilet AOTY, Slob STOTY and Bouncey SOTY.