Madame X album general discussion

12 hours ago, Crux said:

I would love MX to be nominated for a Grammy, but imagine if she won. That would be wonderful.

I’d throw a party blasting the album at full volume, delirious and on a Madonna high. I do that anyway but I’d really be enjoying myself knowing M was recognised for the album. It’s a work of genius and surpasses anything out now.

13 hours ago, OhFather said:

What about Dance/electronic album...I know only a few songs are dance tracks, but wondering if it can be submitted in multiple categories. Plus she’s got two #1s on the dance charts for MX.

M's not eligible in the dance categories anymore since its now meant for DJ acts or strictly dance acts.... the academy has changed the rules since... it would be great to see if M could get nominated in future by being a featuring act - just like justin beiber, dua lipa, diplo... (recent wins)

On 9/28/2019 at 6:32 AM, Kelmadfan said:

Future & Crave are my faves of the week. Ever since the show they’re engrained into my head. Made me love these songs even more. 

Future is my fav song on the album and Crave in my top 5. Can’t wait see/hear both of them live. 🙂

On 9/27/2019 at 10:15 PM, lasky said:

M's not eligible in the dance categories anymore since its now meant for DJ acts or strictly dance acts.... the academy has changed the rules since... it would be great to see if M could get nominated in future by being a featuring act - just like justin beiber, dua lipa, diplo... (recent wins)

giphy.gif

Of course.....

14 hours ago, runa said:

Future is my fav song on the album and Crave in my top 5. Can’t wait see/hear both of them live. 🙂

Both are great songs, but I especially like seeing Future being mentioned. I think it's the catchiest from the album.

24 minutes ago, Sasori84 said:

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/2020-grammy-submissions/

These are submissions for Madame X, according to the Goldderby forum:

Madonna
Madame X: AOTY
Crave: ROTY
Medellín: Pop Duo Grou Perf, Best Music Video
I Rise: Pop Solo Perf

I Rise? :dazed:

I hope Madame X wins AOTY and Medellín! 

31 minutes ago, Sasori84 said:

Madonna

unfortunately, she's probably not going to get nominated 😕

1 hour ago, lasky said:

Why is God Control, Dark Ballet left out? Not submitted for Pop album? Who's planning this? Sorry to say its kinda lousy.

Medellin is a beautiful video but Dark Ballet and God Control would've been award worthy as best videos of the year. I guess they decided to keep a little bit of buzz on Medellin because they know Madonna is getting ignored at the Grammys.

28 minutes ago, Querelle said:

Medellin is a beautiful video but Dark Ballet and God Control would've been award worthy as best videos of the year. I guess they decided to keep a little bit of buzz on Medellin because they know Madonna is getting ignored at the Grammys.

Were dark ballet and God control considered releases eligible for the category? That might be why?

3 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Were dark ballet and God control considered releases eligible for the category? That might be why?

I'm not sure if they are eligible. I think the record company must submit the nominations.

Eligible for Short Form Music Video:
Music videos, released for sale to the public for the first time during the awards eligibility year.
Music video programs that made a first appearance on broadcast or cable television during the awards eligibility year and which are synchronous or approximately synchronous to a commercially released recording.
Individual tracks from compilation or sampler video album packages by individual or various artists which were released for the first time during the current or previous awards eligibility year. 

http://www2.grammy.com/PDFs/Recording_Academy/51guide.pdf

7 hours ago, Sasori84 said:

Madonna

MX should win AOTY. I hope she performs Batuka Tour version on Grammies.

20 hours ago, Sasori84 said:

Madonna

Have to add the "World of Madame X" submission in the Best Music Film category. Source Paul Grein via Billboard

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/8531751/grammys-2020-bruce-springsteen-beyonce-bob-dylan-best-music-film-nomination

I must confess: when I first heard Madame X, I hated it. (In retrospect, I hated LAV when I first heard it, too). But as I suspected, after seeing some of the songs live, I’m loving the album. It’s just one of those things. I love Madonna’s singing style—kinda reminds me of RH, and then she’s in the 70s and then a great reggae beat. She covers the musical spectrum in this record. It’s beautifully done. 

6 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Mmmm interesting, that puts in doubt the golderby submissions since they didn’t mentioned this one...

87 entries, hopefully Madame X gets something 🙂

Yeah... at least something.... but just be prepared to be disappointed rather than be surprised....

Btw, I still feel that God Control - the song is more worthy to be submitted for Record of The Year and Song of The Year rather than Crave.... 

On 10/2/2019 at 6:43 PM, the-queen said:

Hoping Madonna wins. If she doesn't, the award has no credibility. :catty:

The Grammys have lost their credibility long ago.... but for justice's sake, I want Madame X to shine as it is her time!!! But I told myself repeatedly to be ready for the upsets and disappointment more than any surprises, that way, you could maintain some cool (at the very least)...