Madame X album general discussion

On 9/11/2019 at 10:17 AM, Crux said:

Yeah, i've never understood that. It's not as if NKM and Mother and Father were singles, let alone greatest hits. lol

Yeah it’s certainly not much of a Greatest Hits Tour (thank god, I hate the idea) if that’s what its was supposed to be. I guess it’s her only show that opens with an oldie. 

I’m still very much in love with Madame X. For me, the album has such a natural and enjoyable flow, such as Ray of Light or Confessions. Most of the lyrics are deep and complex. Music is rich, diverse but still with a lot of coherence as a whole. I think this is what missed in RH and MDNA, where the songs just seemed to be carelessly placed. Personally, I stopped listening to RH two weeks after its release and I am still listening to Madame X a lot.

Would love to see her get some Grammy noms, this album deserves it so much but.......we know too well how this story usually ends.

Also, I think she has a performance the night of the Grammy's so that in itself may lessen the possibilities of a nom if they already know she won't be attending.

Well the album has a better score on MC than MDNA and RH, and the fact that they at least invested in the ad is great.

Hopefully she will ride the momentum of the tour and keep the good reviews coming.

I think that Crave, Medellin, Madame X (Pop Album) and maybe music video for DB might have a chance.

Also engineering album for Mirwais or Mike Dean.

I wish that those submissions leak soon, noms will be out by Nov 20th.

Does anyone know if the new album had submissions to the Grammys categories?
I hope God Control and Dark Ballet have been submitted in the Video of the Year category. They deserve it.
Also the album being nominated in the pop category. Crave and Medellin in the duo or group categories.

I keep listening to MX (with small breaks now and then) and the more I listen to it, the more I realize how great it is and I wish so much it was longer! I understand many fans didn't connect with it, what is actually normal and indeed a good sign. A good album should not only please, but bother people too. People like to compare albums . I don't like to do it. An album should stand on its own and if  it isn't good, so that is what things are. There are albums of M and don't enjoy (I won't name them here though 😉 ) and that is ok. I think the main problem right now with Ms community is that many fans are often too nostalgic and keep wishing a "hit". As much as I would love M to have a hit again this is not important in this stage of her career (on the other side I really think that her management could do better, specially regarding her legacy and back catalogue, both have been neglected for a long time). Having said all of that I am really happy Madonna recorded MX. I am sure time will show how great this album is.

Edit: can you immagine comparing Erotica with Like a Prayer? Both are masterpieces. I wish so much I were old enough to have experienced this time...so let`s enjoy MX because time goes by not so slowly 😉

Edited by Geiger83

Here are all the eligible categories:
Record, Album, Song of The Year
Pop Solo, Pop Duo/Group, Pop Vocal Album
Recording Package
Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package
Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical
Best Remixed Recording
Best Music Video

12 minutes ago, lasky said:
Recording Package
Best Remixed Recording
Best Music Video

Madonna deserves to win all categories!

12 minutes ago, lasky said:
Recording Package
Best Remixed Recording
Best Music Video

WINNING.

Grammys are the new VMA nowadays, mostly album with good sales and high chart placement are taken into account... get ready to see Grande, Swift, Gaga, Eilish, Khalid, Beyoncè nominated and Madonna snubbed again.

What a shame Grammys were so snob towards pop music when she was at her peak (commercially speaking)...

We all know she wont be nominated for anything. MadameX is a great album, but M has never been nominated on merit. LAP, TB, RH were all neglected and they were definitely at least among the 5 best records at the year they were released.

16 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

I really hope this masterpiece get nominated. 

Yes, Yes, and yes!!!

I'm also glad they're pushing it/promoting it for nominations. I want to start tweeting the academy, but I am such a cunters, I could hurt her chances. 🙂

1 hour ago, Crux said:

I would love MX to be nominated for a Grammy, but imagine if she won. That would be wonderful.

A win or two would be great !!! Also a make up for the gongs she lost for Music! Recognition for mirwais n Mike dean too!

On 9/26/2019 at 6:17 AM, lasky said:
Recording Package
Best Remixed Recording
Best Music Video

What about Dance/electronic album...I know only a few songs are dance tracks, but wondering if it can be submitted in multiple categories. Plus she’s got two #1s on the dance charts for MX.

Edited by OhFather