Gay Conversion therapy organization founder comes out as gay

horn

:1251: 

Conversion therapy organization founder comes out as gay: 'Please forgive me'
Joshua Bote, USA TODAY, Published 2:13 p.m. ET Sept. 4, 2019

The man who founded Hope for Wholeness, one of the most prominent conversion therapy groups in the United States, has come out as gay.

McKrae Game, the founder of the South Carolina-based conversion therapy ministry Hope for Wholeness, came out as gay this summer, nearly two years after being fired from the organization he founded.

mckrae-game.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=7

Game said in an interview with The Post and Courier published Friday that his organization, founded nearly 20 years ago, "harmed generations of people." He was ousted by the organization's board of directors in November 2017.

He recounted his experiences as a conversion therapy minister in a Facebook post published Aug. 25. "Please forgive me!" the post began.

"I certainly regret where I caused harm. I know that creating the organization that still lives was in a large way causing harm," he continued. "People reported to attempt suicide because of me and these teachings and ideals. I told people they were going to Hell if they didn’t stop, and these were professing Christians!"

The organization operates across at least fifteen states. Hope for Wholeness did not respond to multiple requests for comment from USA TODAY.

“Conversion therapy is not just a lie, but it’s very harmful,” Game told The Post and Courier.

Game, now 51, is one of several former conversion therapy advocates who have come out as LGBTQ and condemned the practice of conversion therapy.

More than a dozen states have banned gay conversion therapy, which seeks to change a person's sexual orientation or gender identity. The practice has been repeatedly condemned by the American Psychological Association.

Maine is the latest state to prohibit the practice, becoming the seventeenth state to do so in May.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/09/04/mckrae-game-founder-conversion-therapy-group-comes-out-gay/2210789001/

On 9/7/2019 at 1:23 AM, Kelmadfan said:

Isn't that how it always works? Those that protest too much are the ones that project their stuff onto others, whilst they're also doing it. They are the ultimate hypocrites.

true

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CzarnaWisnia

I feel sadness and compassion for these people, actually. I wish them well.

But what about Canadian Premier Justin Trudeau coming out as a blackfacing North-African lookalike woman-strangler:

Oh well... Poor Justeen!!

On 9/25/2019 at 2:51 PM, CzarnaWisnia said:

I feel sadness and compassion for these people, actually. I wish them well.

But what about Canadian Premier Justin Trudeau coming out as a blackfacing North-African lookalike woman-strangler:

Oh well... Poor Justeen!!

What does that have to do with gay conversion therapy?  :lmao: