Drunk flight attendant busted after passing out for entire trip

horn

Drunk flight attendant busted after passing out for entire trip

By Amanda Woods | August 9, 2019 | 10:42am | Updated 

julianne-march-3088.jpg?quality=90&strip

Flight attendant Julianne March

A boozed-up flight attendant was busted in Indiana after passengers saw her stumbling all over the cabin — and then passing out in her seat for the entire flight, according to new reports.

Julianne March, 49, of Waukesha, Wis., was charged Thursday by St. Joseph’s County prosecutors in connection with an Aug. 2 incident on a flight from Chicago to South Bend, the South Bend Tribune reported.

Passengers on the morning flight quickly realized that something was not right with March, who was part of an Air Wisconsin crew working a United Express flight, according to the report.

“Hey @united, our flight attendant appears to be quite drunk on this [flight] from from [sic] ORD to SBN,” passenger Aaron Scherb tweeted. “She is slurring her speech (she couldn’t make it through the security announcement), couldn’t walk straight/was bumping into everyone in the aisle, and kept dropping things.”

March fell asleep in the jump seat after takeoff, and passengers even had to fasten her seat belt, Scherb told the local outlet.

Another passenger, who only gave his name as Dan, told ABC News that even the pilot wasn’t able to get in touch with March. He said the “whole plane … noticed something was wrong” and that the attendant’s phone rang “multiple times without her answering” it.

“[That] to me was the most concerning part because the pilot wasn’t able to communicate with the lone flight attendant and took off anyway,” he said.

Local police boarded the plane as soon as it landed in South Bend, according to the report. When officers asked a crying March which city she was in, she said Chicago, according to a criminal complaint obtained by the outlet.

julianne-march-3087.jpg?quality=90&strip

Julianne March

Her blood-alcohol level was 0.204 — five times the legal limit for flight attendants, the outlet reported.

On her way to the St. Joseph County Jail, she told an officer she had two vodka “shooters” before arriving to work that morning, according to the Tribune.

Air Wisconsin told the Tribune in a statement that “the flight attendant was detained by authorities after a report of possible impairment.”

“We are investigating the situation and fully cooperating with the local authorities,” the regional airline said.

March was a probationary flight attendant who was only working a few months and was fired because she didn’t complete the probationary time period, a source told ABC News.

“We expect our regional carriers to take appropriate action as required when issues like these happen with their employees,” a United Airlines spokesperson told the network. “Legally and with regards to regulatory agencies this is an Air Wisconsin issue.”

March was charged with criminal public intoxication, a misdemeanor, according to the reports.

She was released on her own recognizance, and an initial hearing is scheduled for Aug. 29.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/09/drunk-flight-attendant-busted-after-passing-out-for-the-entire-flight/

She rightly lost her job but the public naming and shaming and press reports about it are dreadful. Let her get help in private and deal with the consequences privately.  She has been punished for it and does not need public shaming on top of that. Publicly humiliating her worldwide is a nasty unnecessary thing to do. 

9 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

She rightly lost her job but the public naming and shaming and press reports about it are dreadful. Let her get help in private and deal with the consequences privately.  She has been punished for it and does not need public shaming on top of that. Publicly humiliating her worldwide is a nasty unnecessary thing to do. 

I agree Jazz. I don't like when it's done on the internet in any setting either as stoning and shaming can lead to suicide or pushing someone over the edge. And really....how can people do that when we're all flawed in some way? Having love and compassion for everyone is key.  I hope she gets help and will be alright. 

2 hours ago, Voguerista said:

I agree Jazz. I don't like when it's done on the internet in any setting either as stoning and shaming can lead to suicide or pushing someone over the edge. And really....how can people do that when we're all flawed in some way? Having love and compassion for everyone is key.  I hope she gets help and will be alright. 

I think they should have suspended her sent her to rehab and perhaps give her another chance. I agree that this type of shaming is just more hurtful and cause more problems for her. 

28 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

I think they should have suspended her sent her to rehab and perhaps give her another chance. I agree that this type of shaming is just more hurtful and cause more problems for her. 

Couldn't agree more. xx