Has Madame X KILLED MNation?

I love the album and I think it's her best since Confessions

I think online forums are becoming a thing of the past (there are more instagram accounts & FB fan groups).

Also I wanted to avoid this place because there was too much negativity. There I said it. 

I'm just waiting for the tour now, and I get my updates from her insta and occasionally pop in here to check out any rumours / updates etc. but honestly it was becoming very toxic at some point. 

1 minute ago, Monsieur X said:

...but honestly it was becoming very toxic at some point. 

Can't say I noticed that before I left. Everything was fairly positive.

I get a very polarizing vibe from Madame X. People either love it or they.... don't.

It's not unreasonable to assume some of those who don't have...checked out.

9 minutes ago, Kim said:

I get a very polarizing vibe from Madame X. People either love it or they.... don't.

It's not unreasonable to assume some of those who don't have...checked out.

Well some people were making thinly veiled racist comments about a lot of the music. Won't get into it but it was quite unpleasant. 

For the title I thought it was because MadameX suspended the MadonnaNation twitter account..  :lol:

Well..  She killed my old twitter account I can't recovery any more  😢

6 hours ago, Kim said:

I went off on my summer hols a few weeks ago and the place was jumping. Came back yesterday, only 6 weeks after the release of Madonna's latest album, and the place is dead.

What gives? Is Madame X really THAT bad? :shock:

You have been missing for much of the campaign, I know alot of users live for your posts, me included, it is no fun without you, no ass kissing here, it is the truth, you are the heart and soul of this forum and people probably less post because of your absense. 

10 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

Well some people were making thinly veiled racist comments about a lot of the music. Won't get into it but it was quite unpleasant. 

Oh dear.

6 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

You have been missing for much of the campaign, I know alot of users live for your posts, me included, it is no fun without you, no ass kissing here, it is the truth, you are the heart and soul of this forum and people probably less post because of your absense. 

Yer cheque's in the post.

The constant meltdowns about everything became tiring. It also felt like some people were constantly just looking to start arguments or pick a fight.  

As others have mentioned, there hasn’t been much promo other than the videos either. Everything went so quick and now she’s in the middle of rehearsals for the tour. For some reason the theatre shows don’t excite me as much as her previous tours have. 

14 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yer cheque's in the post.

But seriously, I want to know you feel about the album... highlights, possible lows etc.

3 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I was almost strangled here weeks ago for wishing for another M TV appearance, well :lmao: 

Well something in Europe to clean away the dirty filthy stain that was Eurovision might have been an idea, but OH WELL.

9 hours ago, Kim said:

I went off on my summer hols a few weeks ago and the place was jumping. Came back yesterday, only 6 weeks after the release of Madonna's latest album, and the place is dead.

Summer time! 

From the artistic point of view, this is her best album since "American Life", imo. My holy trilogy for this summer is : Erotica -  American Life - Madame X.

Actually, for summer, I think the board has been pretty active. But as others said, we're at the point past album promo where things have settled before the tour begins. Only natural that it would be a bit quiet now.

But the majority of us have been praising this album left and right for months now. Things were moving so fast I couldn't even keep up with all the threads. Not to mention the incredible deconstruction and analysis of the work we discussed for a couple months. I haven't seen such a response from a Madonna album in a hell of a long time.

Still listen to the album everyday and of course always on the lookout for her instagram posts. I come in here once in a while. I try to stay away from any M negativity and sad to say that some of her own fans are the worst in that department🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, Shaun said:

I’m assuming the place was busier pre-album because of all the anticipation, rumors, leaks, reviews, etc. But it seems like everyone loves the album and I still visit multiple times a day! I guess the decrease in activity is natural after an album has been out for over a month. I bet we’ll see a resurgence of activity in the weeks leading up to the tour and throughout its run! Very excited. 

8 hours ago, Andra said:

I noticed it as well, I guess people are off enjoying their summer. Everybody loves the album, it's just that there's not a lot to talk about right now, but things will change once the tour starts.

Agree with these two posts. We’ve had the anticipation of the album. We all have it now and we’re listening to it, or have listened to it. In the meantime M is rehearsing. I don’t think things will ‘come alive’ properly again until the tour. 

Well I'm not saying the forum is dead or anything, and obviously the thread title was meant to be semi-humorous, but I forgot that I do actually have access to the forum analytics, and sure enough, rather than activity increasing after the release, it peaked on release day then slowly but surely fell to around Jan '19 levels (now) So what that indicates, I'm not quite sure, but it is interesting.

2019-07-31.jpg

I too listen to madame x everyday RH i only listened to it a few times I think having the entire album leaked ruined it for me. Maybe in august Madonna will go on vacation for her Birthday and she will post awesome pics from her BDAY.

9 hours ago, Kim said:

Madonnanation is far far more positive than Madonna groups etc online.  Always has been.  I was looking at blogs, groups etc briefly and most of it was very negative and full of fans of other singers telling Madonna fans to respect them etc or polls about what is your least favourite song.  

8 hours ago, Napoléon said:

The constant meltdowns about everything became tiring. It also felt like some people were constantly just looking to start arguments or pick a fight.  

As others have mentioned, there hasn’t been much promo other than the videos either. Everything went so quick and now she’s in the middle of rehearsals for the tour. For some reason the theatre shows don’t excite me as much as her previous tours have. 

8 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I was almost strangled here weeks ago for wishing for another M TV appearance, well :lmao: 

Yes,  the promo has really hurt Madonna in my opinion.  It started off so well but petered off so quickly.  I appreciate and love that she has made so many videos but expected much more from her PR team that are handling everything.  They should have capitalised much more.   Have to admit,  would have loved more live performances from Madonna as I adored the promo for Rebel Heart.  People criticised her going on Ellen and other shows but we as fans got so much - performances to keep and always look back on too and great discussions about her.   I still love all of those tv and award show performances she did.  Loved the Billboard Medellin performance so much and have to admit wanted that to continue.  Then go into tour rehearsals. 

Also,  the other factor - the tour.  .  I know and understand that many fans travel to see tours but for fans in South America, Asia and Australia - there now seems no chance of a tour.  Others are priced out of it.   I noticed especially a lot of fans from South America that were so excited, just were deflated after the tour announcement.  

For me, if I had tickets for the tour I would still be excited about this era. I love the album and it's nearly perfection. I listen to the record also every day. But I kinda feel the era is already over. the tour shape to be unreal and so beautiful it really hurts to know I wont be there so... probably because of the pain. I don't want  to ruin the excitement for everybody, maybe that's why I back off a bit

Well... there have been a lot of people getting flushed 😂 and like, I don’t care how many visitors come to this forum, as long as everyone is being respectable towards our Queen. On the other hand, if Madonna blocked every person she didn’t like in her Instagram comment section, she wouldn’t have had 14 million followers. But like I said, even if it’s just 10 of us here, talking about our passion for this amazing album, it’s enough for me personally. I donno. Just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, side_streets said:

From the artistic point of view, this is her best album since "American Life", imo. My holy trilogy for this summer is : Erotica -  American Life - Madame X.

Same here beloved same here.

1 hour ago, erotica blu said:

@Kim

Either you're going to the concert or you're not. Many aren't so there is little incentive to gush for the things to come when you're not participating in the live experience.

I never got to see the last few tours live, and yet, then and now, I still find plenty of incentive to see what it is going on with her and ongoing projects...especially tour rehearsals, the opening of the tour, and all the excitement of what may or may not go down. One of the most fun things about Madonna fandom, especially in the lead up to a tour.

12 hours ago, Kim said:

You went on holiday?!  Where did you go? Hope you had a wonderful time!!  😎  😊

watching one of her singles climb "back in the day" was always exciting and kept the momentum going...but sadly she doesn't chart anymore

1 hour ago, Aries said:

watching one of her singles climb "back in the day" was always exciting and kept the momentum going...but sadly she doesn't chart anymore

Like every female pop artist in her age range, sometimes younger

I like the album but don't post much on here because of the negativity and to tell you the truth, i am EXTREMELY unhappy with the piss poor Promo for this album

The RH promo was great but for MX it was pretty bad/non existent

The era is kind of dead until the tour starts, but even then it's only in a few cities so not many people will get to talk about their experiences?

I'm still listening to MX daily though, such great music (except Bitch I'm Loca)!