Has Madame X KILLED MNation?

I went off on my summer hols a few weeks ago and the place was jumping. Came back yesterday, only 6 weeks after the release of Madonna's latest album, and the place is dead.

What gives? Is Madame X really THAT bad? :shock:

I’m assuming the place was busier pre-album because of all the anticipation, rumors, leaks, reviews, etc. But it seems like everyone loves the album and I still visit multiple times a day! I guess the decrease in activity is natural after an album has been out for over a month. I bet we’ll see a resurgence of activity in the weeks leading up to the tour and throughout its run! Very excited. 

The promotion was short, quick and fast paced. All performances and 5 videos were done and released in just few months. 

Back in the day, we would just begin to prepare for a second video and single.

And all is dead in the summer anyway.

1 minute ago, dollhouse said:

The promotion was short, quick and fast paced. All performances and 5 videos were done and released in just few months. 

Back in the day, we would just begin to prepare for a second video and single.

That’s a good point. Times have definitely changed. 2019 is so different from 1999 or even 2009 in terms of how artists approach album promotion.

2 minutes ago, Shaun said:

That’s a good point. Times have definitely changed. 2019 is so different from 1999 or even 2009 in terms of how artists approach album promotion.

yeah, the next album should be ready to be released in the fall, by todays standards

I noticed it as well, I guess people are off enjoying their summer. Everybody loves the album, it's just that there's not a lot to talk about right now, but things will change once the tour starts.

MX is her best album this century for me. I can confidently say that now that I've had time to let it all fully sink in.

I feel like I was constantly on "standby" for MONTHS leading up to the release of Medellin cuz we didn't know when we were gonna hear some real news! Pretty much after the NYE Stonewall appearance I lived here for the next 5 months....lol....if MNation were a physical place, I would've been charged rent I think! 

Now, I've just been enjoying everything we've gotten this era. Once it got here, EVERYTHING hit hard, heavy and FAST, before one thing would sink in, something else would be released. I've been listening to Sirius MX Radio constantly, the album itself of course and going back to ALL the videos we've gotten. This has been a very non-traditional era but yet so fulfilling from an artistic standpoint.....just letting it all sink in!

And yeah, no doubt, within the next month or so, things will be heating back up once the tour rumors start coming in. Can't believe it's already August!! 

As others say, I love the album and listen to it everyday.

I was on MNation like a million times prior to the release and during the short promo with loads of rumours, new music, videos, interviews coming etc.

Now there is nothing for me other than her tour rehearsals which is on her IG account. I can discuss and read about the same stuff only so many times with the same threads about each track from the album.

Still visit the site regularly though.

I'm sure the forum will get busy again just before the tour and probably die down after a few days till the next era.

I'm still here and rockin and loving Madame X. And don't worry....people will be back. This is a busy time for many with last minute summer vacations, etc.  

3 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

I'm sure the forum will get busy again just before the tour and probably die down after a few days till the next era.

I'm not so sure about this based on the past couple of tours. It's been more fun for MDNA and RHT because she switched so many things up over the duration of those tours + TOAC and all the headlines she'd generate pretty effortlessly. The tour may actually be the "peak" of the era! We'll see I suppose!

Personally I love the album, videos and interviews we got. The promo performances could've been better imo but I believe that the tour will really make the new songs come alive😉 

There's not much to talk about right now.

M is rehearsing, there's no big controversy or gossip about her in the media to discuss right now. 

Once the tour starts there will plenty to talk about.

14 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm not so sure about this based on the past couple of tours. It's been more fun for MDNA and RHT because she switched so many things up over the duration of those tours + TOAC and all the headlines she'd generate pretty effortlessly. The tour may actually be the "peak" of the era! We'll see I suppose!

I hope so. I'd love her to keep us and the press busy with the tour. 

The tour will be a non event unless its controversial. The videos are done, promo is done...remixes not even sure if more will be released. This is the music industry of 2019. Said it once and I'll say it again, it truly is like shooting your load right as you stick the tip in. Sad but not exclusive to Madonna. Expect it to be like this until 2025 when she releases M15. 

4 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

just a triggering thread 

next

Sensitive soul are we?

35 minutes ago, Stephen said:

More fans use twitter for Madonna nowadays anyways. I interact with tons of Mnation people on there daily.

Twitter's a cesspit.

This forum is still very much active, well more active than any of the other M places out there. Every time I log in here, which is like 100 times per day, this section and the Madonna discussion one has some threads bumped. People are still posting like every other minute. There's no frenzy because we already discussed the whole album over and over and there's nothing else going on now, not even some juicy gossip.

I think since Madonna started rehearsals for the tour it's been reallllly quiet just not here, also people are on vacations. and like people said the promotion was short. Hopefully it will pick up when she goes on tour.

Guest BillyBongo

For myself, it’s a good album, it’s just the frustration at the lack of hearing Madonna in place of the relentless autotune. The album is just good and nothing more to me. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

It's been quite peaceful here the last few weeks, that's for sure.  I'm sure things will pick up once the tour starts.  I think a lot of people are enjoying the music and their summer. 

There haven’t been any performances in a while.  As far as we know, all the singles and videos have been released.  There are no charts to really watch to get excited about a hit single or anything.  You can only discuss each song so much till there’s nothing left to say.

that being said, I love Madame X but it doesn’t have the endless loop qualities for me that RH did, which I couldn’t stop listening to for about a year.