MadonnaNation.com Forums

I am shocked and sad. It's a slap in her face. Some days ago Madonna mentioned in an interview that she isn't interested in awards (regarding the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame). Maybe the people at MTV took that statement too literally and feared Madonna would reject an award or would comment on it negatively again? https://www.msn.com/en-ie/entertainment/music/madonna-awards-are-overrated/ar-AAEgIbi

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Samo said:

4M was nominated in 2008

good to know that.

still, medellin is superior to 4m. the snub, nonetheless, doesn't invalidate the brilliant quality of her MX music videos. she remains the greatest product and practitioner of the art form.

Edited by toujours

Besides Madonna’s fans there are a bunch of other fanbases on Twitter fuming about the lack of transparency from MTV about when is the exact eligibility period for nominations and how nominees are determined. 

To be honest am fine with it. Taylor / Gaga or whoever can sweep the pointless awards .

I m not fine with this because for 10 years it’s like she has done zero. If it was due to quality, girl gone wild and all mx videos would have been nominated. How did she go from being queen of mtv to not being nominated at all?

MTV Catering to the youth. God Control song & video made people think and got people talking yet nothing.

I guess I’m more shocked at everyone being so shocked. 

This award show hasn’t carried any kind of cultural relevance in almost 20 years. The last TRUE moment from this ‘awards’ show that I can personally remember is when Britney lip synced around stage with a yellow snake. And that was in 2001. They have been trying their damnedest to literally CREATE the next big pop culture moment that used to organically happened on the stage in the 80’s and ESPECIALLY throughout the 1990’s. 

At this point I can’t even imagine MTV is excited to do this travesty of an awards show. There is ZERO merit to any of it. Back in its heyday the performances, the host, the video of the year, the entire show was actually TALKED about at the proverbial ‘water’ cooler’. Now, if you were to ask anyone about this shitfest  the following day, I have no doubt that person would say ‘The VMA’s are still on?!'

Madonna will never be celebrated by MTV again. Not ever. I’ve accepted that fact a long, long time ago. 

Well, this is depressing. But in all honesty did y’all expect anything different this time around from MTV? Like, someone else pointed out MTV has snubbed Madonna the past 10 years! I lost respect and interest in the VMAs the day Beyoncé surpassed Madonna in most Moonman wins overall. I think it’s (B) 24 vs (M) 20.

19 minutes ago, acko said:

Let's b real for a Moment: MTV IS IRRELEVANT.

I only ever had interest in MTV if Madonna appeared. My loyalties are only to Madonna. 

It's different times now - I agree MTV itself and their awards have not really been relevant for years now like they used to be

10 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Besides Madonna’s fans there are a bunch of other fanbases on Twitter fuming about the lack of transparency from MTV about when is the exact eligibility period for nominations and how nominees are determined. 

This person is right on. MTV is just lame and irrelevant all around. It's time the vmas weren't given any type of props or attention. 😒 Adding: "everybody knows the damn truth"

Yes VMAs were no longer relevant since 2007 - after the year they snubbed Hung Up in all the big categories... the lone nomination in 2008 was just worthless.... they snubbed her all the way since then... a worthless future and the demise of a network..................................................

Ah remember the days when the VMA's were an event and when MTV actually showed the videos they were nominating?  Those days are sadly gone and this awards show has become a huge joke. 

I hope she doesn't perform at the VMAs. Not because they snubbed her, but because she is too big for it. Seeing the full  BBMAs award show I felt her presence and performance was too mature and subtle, and didn't fit in with the adolescent theme OF THE AWARD SHOW. 

Edited by miki

Is there a category for Best Female Video featuring pancake tits with stretch marks? I'm pretty sure I know who will nab that one........

They grew up together and grew apart.

MTV is no longer music television just trash tv.

At least M is still making kick ass music,

Ultimately it's their loss.

5 hours ago, the-queen said:

MTV sucks. The only videos I’m interested in are Madonna’s. 

THIS

However, like every year, there are a couple glaring omissions. 

Chief amongst those is Madonna. The Queen Of Pop is responsible for some of the VMAs most iconic moments. Not only that, but she released six videos this year in support of Madame X. Of those “God Control,” a powerful and shocking demand for gun reform, is the clear highlight. It will go down as one of the most unforgettable releases of the year, but it wasn’t nominated for a single award. Surely, it should have at least been up for Video For Good if not Video Of The Year. To be fair, the Jonas Åkerlund-directed opus may have come a little late to be recognized. It dropped at the very end of last month. But if so that doesn’t excuse the equally offensive snub of “Medellín.”

SNUB - Madonna

God Control

Listen, we get it. The VMAs are about honouring the biggest stars of the last year, and while no one can touch Madonna’s legacy, her recent singles have not exactly set the charts alight.

And while we’ve personally really enjoyed the elaborate videos for Madame X singles Medellín and Dark Ballet, we understand that they haven’t really made much impact in the wider conversation.

But given the conversations around the music video for God Control, which served as Madonna’s plea for more gun regulation in the US and sparked a lot of debate (prompting a response from the Queen of Pop saying this was the exact response she’d hoped for), we’re surprised to see MTV overlooked one of their biggest legacy artists at an event she has put on the map on so many occasions in the past.

no shock here are there any 60 year old artists up for nomination ..

madonna wont be bothered so neither am i 

god control deserved a nomination though ...

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Again, I'm not surprised at all that Madonna was "snubbed", but I guess in a way I thought since she premiered her "Medellin" video with MTV exclusively, I thought that was a sign of some sort of nod for the awards.  I would say the Huffpost article posted above, makes a point that Madonna's videos really didn't make a lot of impact this year except for fans. But then again, MTV doesn't even really focus their programming on playing videos anymore, so it's pretty weird for people to think she didn't make an impact on MTV when they don't play videos.  

Err...nobody cares about the VMAs and i would say that whether M was nominated or not. Celebrities don't even attend anymore, its all Mtv's reality stars. Plus, after last year i wouldn't want her to go anyway. The way they threw her under the bus with that speech was horrible. And let's see the performers this year cuz i can guarantee you none of them are real stars. Who's gonna be the biggest one there? Billie Eilish? Trash.