MadonnaNation.com Forums

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's just sad they ignore her. This country has serious ageism issues. It's just one more reason why I dislike any kind of award shows anymore. 😑😒

4 minutes ago, paradise said:

There's a best 'video for good' category? 🤮 

:rotfl:  I know !   What a joke. 

My Goodness, that Billie Eilish garbage video for Bad Guy has been nominated for video of the year - looks like it was make by a 10 year old trying to appear edgy. 

Madonna is too good for this list. 

You can bet your ass if a 20-something made the brilliant videos Madonna made this year, they’d sweep. Ageism at its finest.

i was expecting a latin video nom for M + M. but MTV has always pandered to the "youth" market so i'm not incensed at all. i think her last nomination was for HU. not sure whether 4M even got any nomination.

3 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I was a little annoyed at first.. but madonna really is too good for this bs. This show is for kids and teens who have no taste

Precisely.

Nobody watches mtv theses days anymore. Certainly not for the music anyway. 

I wasn’t expecting anything anyway. Will be the same at the Grammy’s so anyone expecting any major noms should probably prepare themselves now sadly. 

can we just grow out of the vma's please?

I will be more upset when she gets overlooked for a Grammy 

she should be recognized but we all know she is not an award show darling and that has never hindered her career at all

9 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I was a little annoyed at first.. but madonna really is too good for this bs. This show is for kids and teens who have no taste

You're so right Nikki! It just bothers me this time because she's made some of the best visuals of her career and she IS one of their founding artists.......where's the respect??

Oh well.....payola and ageism rule the roost 🤷‍♂️

The queen of music videos is snubbed by this has-been channel that nobody watches music videos on.  It’s all so stupid.

mtv and the vma's have lost all relevance. i'm not even saying that because of m's lack of nominations. they've been a joke for years and years. i mean, best k-pop? lol.

1 minute ago, Andgon144 said:

Our M is so far beyond this POS award shows.

Intimately its their loss. Oh well.

Exactly and most of the nominees can only dream of having a career like Madonna of having the impact she has had on music

She is too much of an icon and a legend to be in the same category as any of those nominees

1 minute ago, FreeMySoul said:

She is too much of an icon and a legend to be in the same category as any of those nominees

Absolutely! She really doesn't need any awards, nor to prove something to someone. 

But its absurd Medellin is not nominated for Best Latin, but solo Maluma is. No-one could convince me that any of his solo songs is a bigger hit to Medellin.

Just now, elijah said:

But its absurd Medellin is not nominated for Best Latin, but solo Maluma is. No-one could convince me that any of his solo songs is a bigger hit to Medellin.

In all honesty, Maluma's 15 minutes are ticking away as we type so let him have one award to remember his short lived success

Since her Madame X videos are objectively better than anyone nominated, it’s sort of outrageous.  I can’t think of anyone who cares less about MTV than I do, but I also do like facts and objectivity, so her lack of nominations irks me for the total lack of credibility it shows on the part of the VMAs.

Disgusting.

She released the best videos of the year and gave them the Medellin exclusive, but they snub her once again? Fuck off.

Don’t people have to submit to get noms or is that just Grammys. Who can be bothered with these shows. I literally only watched awards shows in the past to see her. Or Angelina  Lol

lol at my own naivety, when I saw GC for the first time I was like "there is no other way than this getting the best video award, cos to award anything else next to this would be near impossible without looking like a total rightwing progun f**ker" oh well, I should know better by now

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

LOL to MTV even have a "music video" awards show when they don't even play music videos anymore. But it doesn't surprise me they snubbed her.  I suspect the same will happen with the Grammys.