Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Favorite Madame X Video   

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Music video from the Madame X Era?

On 7/19/2019 at 2:39 PM, Shaun said:

I’m trying to decide between Batuka and God Control. She fucking knocked it out of the park with this album and the visuals attached.

A-fucking-men! 

Everything a fan could want and so much more. 

21 hours ago, Saint Madge said:

Medellin....It's so great to see Madge being all carefree & fun..God Control was cute too..But it lacks Medellin's replay value

I think it’s her big video of this era, next to God Control. The Medellin video is just pure fun and cinematic, with an amazing costume and chemistry with Maluma. 

1. God Control- To me this is her best video since Bad Girl....that's a strong statement to make considering BG is my fave M video ever. She REALLY knocked it out of the park with the GC vid! EVERYONE (in the US in particular) needs to see this video.

2. Medellin- Another instant classic Madonna video. This one was easily her best since the original AL. Madonna + Maluma baby = 🔥. Just a feel good and beautifully made video. It's criminal this one didn't get ANY recognition for VMA noms (although not surprising). Another one that can sit with any of her best vids from the 90's and fit right in.

3. Dark Ballet- I feel like a broken record but really, these first 3 vids in particular can truly sit with the best of the best. It's superficial of me but really, it would be #2 if she were in it more.....on the other hand, it's far more effective just the way it is. The msg of this video is as strong as LAP.

4. Crave- Speaking of being superficial....lol.....Batuka really does deserve this spot as the message and scenery of that video are by far superior......BUT....Madonna is so gorgeous in this video, I just had to rank it high. Her hair, the jacket, it's like Virgin Tour Madonna/Susan stepped into 2019 and I have a major soft spot for '85 era Madonna. This video is wonderful in it's simplicity and it IS a beautiful video as well. Love the mail carrier pigeons. 

5. Batuka- truly a stunning video. You can feel her love for the Batuquideras here. Joyous and sad all at the same time.

6. I Rise- a powerful "quickie" video. This one came out of nowhere so was a nice surprise. Something has gotta be ranked last though and up against the preceding five videos, it's no question this is the runt of the litter.

4 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

1. God Control- To me this is her best video since Bad Girl....that's a strong statement to make considering BG is my fave M video ever. She REALLY knocked it out of the park with the GC vid! EVERYONE (in the US in particular) needs to see this video.

2. Medellin- Another instant classic Madonna video. This one was easily her best since the original AL. Madonna + Maluma baby = 🔥. Just a feel good and beautifully made video. It's criminal this one didn't get ANY recognition for VMA noms (although not surprising). Another one that can sit with any of her best vids from the 90's and fit right in.

3. Dark Ballet- I feel like a broken record but really, these first 3 vids in particular can truly sit with the best of the best. It's superficial of me but really, it would be #2 if she were in it more.....on the other hand, it's far more effective just the way it is. The msg of this video is as strong as LAP.

4. Crave- Speaking of being superficial....lol.....Batuka really does deserve this spot as the message and scenery of that video are by far superior......BUT....Madonna is so gorgeous in this video, I just had to rank it high. Her hair, the jacket, it's like Virgin Tour Madonna/Susan stepped into 2019 and I have a major soft spot for '85 era Madonna. This video is wonderful in it's simplicity and it IS a beautiful video as well. Love the mail carrier pigeons. 

5. Batuka- truly a stunning video. You can feel her love for the Batuquideras here. Joyous and sad all at the same time.

6. I Rise- a powerful "quickie" video. This one came out of nowhere so was a nice surprise. Something has gotta be ranked last though and up against the preceding five videos, it's no question this is the runt of the litter.

My list is same as yours! God control, Medellin, Dark Ballet, Crave, Batuka and I rise...

Medellin!

it’s the best video of the year for me by any artist. 

11 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

My rating is slightly different but you are so spot on with everything you wrote on each video.  Each of them are so magnificent in different ways. I love Madonna's diversity and that she is a child of the world ...still young at heart, still speaking out, and letting no one stop her and her creativity. 

God Control, the visuals are everything.  What an incredible song and video, it's up there with the greats.......

Batuka, touches the soul and is a close second, love how madonna took a back seat and let the people take centre stage, telling their story.  

GC for me- what Madonna does best. DB and Batuka are powerful, too= the former may have been even more so with her in a larger role (even if it were a bit obvious to have her play JofA).

All of the videos are well-done- her best set of album videos in some time.

14 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Yeah, that's why I included it.  One could argue it's not an official video, but it was commissioned by her camp. 

Always love your posts!  Always to the point, sensible and positive!  Thank you!  😉

So so excited about all these epic music videos and how we’re getting treated I can’t help but wonder about the business and, is Interscope financing fall these videos?

5 hours ago, Amelia said:

Always love your posts!  Always to the point, sensible and positive!  Thank you!  😉

Aww...thank you Amelia! ❤️ You're a sweetheart and have always enjoyed your posts as well! 😘

16 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Aww...thank you Amelia! ❤️ You're a sweetheart and have always enjoyed your posts as well! 😘

Awwww thanks so much Kurt. You're such a sweetie too.  Muah!!  😘