Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
Just now, Confessit said:

It's definitely a body double otherwise they'd of included a face/front shot of her holding hands with the other woman. 

But why? I'd think if they wanted Madonna to be the focus of that scene they would have shown more of her.  No, I think it was intentional.  I think she was there, but they just decided to focus on the Batukadieras. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Confessit said:

It's definitely a body double otherwise they'd of included a face/front shot of her holding hands with the other woman. 

'Is it possible to get a bad shot of M? She looks incredible.

Madonna has a thing against beaches since Cherish 😂😂😂 it was a body double in Power of Goodbye as well. Any close up shot of her on the beach was a green screen walking ok a treadmill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Amelia said:

But why? I'd think if they wanted Madonna to be the focus of that scene they would have shown more of her.  No, I think it was intentional.  I think she was there, but they just decided to focus on the Batukadieras. 

There’s one shot where You can briefly see her profile, it’s not Madonna

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Amelia said:

But why? I'd think if they wanted Madonna to be the focus of that scene they would have shown more of her.  No, I think it was intentional.  I think she was there, but they just decided to focus on the Batukadieras. 

Yes! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

Yes! 

 

There is literal proof that it is not her and you refuse to believe it?   Its not some dig at Madonna or something to acknowledge the use of a body double. As said she has used them a number of times. No big deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Alain Delon said:

She's gorgeous with that haircut. Oh and the video is amazing too!

Serving us with a new look in those colorful dresses & looking younger with her short banged dark bob with slight gentle waves to it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Love her dresses, and love the vibe of the video. The batukaderas were moving. 

Favorite M scene : “so don’t judge on your mind til ur in their shoes”

I bet that was davids lyrical contribution 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

Love her dresses, and love the vibe of the video. The batukaderas were moving. 

Favorite M scene : “so don’t judge on your mind til ur in their shoes”

I bet that was davids lyrical contribution 🙂

 

It’s “judge a human.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shaun said:

It’s “judge a human.”

Ahh that makes more sense 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

There is literal proof that it is not her and you refuse to believe it?   Its not some dig at Madonna or something to acknowledge the use of a body double. As said she has used them a number of times. No big deal.

Exactly.  It's just an observation (and a correct one), but it's  not a criticism.  I love the video regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the point of a body double for scenes that just include her standing in the row of women?

I cannot get over how visually stunning this video is, with great emotional impact!

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Shane said:

What is the point of a body double for scenes that just include her standing in the row of women?

Perhaps she was just busy on the day they filmed this footage, or unwell?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

I wish people would shut up about the body double thing, it ruins the experience of the video. 

I agree. It's weird the things that people fixate on. I didn't even notice or think about a body double while watching the video.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed that so many people are focusing on her body double. I showed the video yesterday to my colleagues (2 of them are going to Lisbon in August) and they said: "What a beautiful cinematography and images of the ocean, but I wish it was Madonna there! She always shoots indoors because she is old and the natural light it's too harsh for the face."... And we didn't even begin to discuss this body double thing, here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

I wish people would shut up about the body double thing, it ruins the experience of the video. 

Right???? As if it made any difference. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just when you think you've seen it all from her, she takes it to the next level.

Spiritual, uplifting, awakening... I can't even begin to describe the many emotions it makes you feel...all at once. Combined with absolutely stunning cinematography and direction, it says so much while being so very simple.

As for any issue with her performance in it vs the tone of the song/video, I have no issue and buy it completely. The Batukadeiras are not about wallowing in the darkness, they're about bringing the light to it. They use call-and-response, and dance, to convey their message...and it's clear that it is supposed to be infectious and inspiring to the listener. Madonna is the bridge between what she experienced with these women through her exploration and travels, and now bringing it to us, the audience. So her movements and her physical expressions (joy and rage, pain and inspiration) all make perfect sense. Not to mention the women themselves are seen in both moments of reflection, pain and joy throughout the video. The song may be dramatic, and have a sense of darkness...but it's actually about rising about it. It's that contrast that makes it work.

As for any comments out there about "appropriation"...they can rightly fuck off. It's clear these women have allowed her into their lives, so much so as to go on a world tour with her. And the video places the women front and center, while she takes a step back and highlights them (as she has done for so many groups/individuals before). This is exactly how it's supposed to be done...I WILL NOT buy any argument otherwise - because there is none.

We keep saying it, but it deserves repeating - she is operating on a completely different level than her peers, past and present. Always has, always will. This entire project has elevated that truth even more so. Nearly 40 years into a career...who else at present? NO ONE.

 

ps. Those last shots with them staring out onto the horizon, hands clasped, with the ghosts of slave ships fading away.....  :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

Just noticed that so many people are focusing on her body double. I showed the video yesterday to my colleagues (2 of them are going to Lisbon in August) and they said: "What a beautiful cinematography and images of the ocean, but I wish it was Madonna there! She always shoots indoors because she is old and the natural light it's too harsh for the face."... And we didn't even begin to discuss this body double thing, here. 

 

It's always the fans themselves that obsess over the weirdest things :rotfl: while missing out on the overall experience and sucking the fun out of the moment

Whether she had a body double or not for the beach scenes is totally irrelevant and wouldn't take an ounce of beauty or brilliance away from this video, its concept and vibe, and her outstanding presence in it. Love the colours, the wardrobe, her close ups and her being spirited away among the Batukadeiras, a storm ahead indeed

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

Just when you think you've seen it all from her, she takes it to the next level.

Spiritual, uplifting, awakening... I can't even begin to describe the many emotions it makes you feel...all at once. Combined with absolutely stunning cinematography and direction, it says so much while being so very simple.

As for any issue with her performance in it vs the tone of the song/video, I have no issue and buy it completely. The Batukadeiras are not about wallowing in the darkness, they're about bringing the light to it. They use call-and-response, and dance, to convey their message...and it's clear that it is supposed to be infectious and inspiring to the listener. Madonna is the bridge between what she experienced with these women through her exploration and travels, and now bringing it to us, the audience. So her movements and her physical expressions (joy and rage, pain and inspiration) all make perfect sense. Not to mention the women themselves are seen in both moments of reflection, pain and joy throughout the video. The song may be dramatic, and have a sense of darkness...but it's actually about rising about it. It's that contrast that makes it work.

As for any comments out there about "appropriation"...they can rightly fuck off. It's clear these women have allowed her into their lives, so much so as to go on a world tour with her. And the video places the women front and center, while she takes a step back and highlights them (as she has done for so many groups/individuals before). This is exactly how it's supposed to be done...I WILL NOT buy any argument otherwise - because there is none.

We keep saying it, but it deserves repeating - she is operating on a completely different level than her peers, past and present. Always has, always will. This entire project has elevated that truth even more so. Nearly 40 years into a career...who else at present? NO ONE.

 

ps. Those last shots with them staring out onto the horizon, hands clasped, with the ghosts of slave ships fading away.....  :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

 

 

Amen

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

I wish people would shut up about the body double thing, it ruins the experience of the video. 

For me it already killed the experience because of the double. I dont like the video. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

For me it already killed the experience because of the double. I dont like the video. 

I can't...:rotfl:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miphiwart said:

For me it already killed the experience because of the double. I dont like the video. 

... . ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 11:27 AM, Amelia said:

What a wonderful testament to and from the Batukadeiras.  I know her critics and haters will negatively twist this as if Madonna is exploiting these women, but I for one love the fact that Madonna throughout her career immerses herself in different musical cultures, especially this era.  She brings enlightenment to those who appreciate learning about other cultures and lifestyles. I personally would have never known of these women if Madonna didn't share this within her music.  Madonna's whole career has been about bringing things to the forefront and enlightening people.  It's too bad some can't appreciate that about Madonna.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

On 7/19/2019 at 11:51 AM, reQuiem4adream said:

There'll be no female artists like M who's brave enough to release this kinda music when she's 37 years into her career. She doesn't give a shit at this point!

Bingo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...