“Batuka” music video

3 hours ago, brestol1 said:

I am calm  and unfortunately for the loyalists and old fans like me ...she is not longer relevant in the USA regardless of the momentary success that she has had with Madame X. Also, it is important to notice that not ALL reviews in the USA have been good...and you know it. Personally, I think that Madame X is probably her best record since ROL.

Oh please, you're singling out the US when it is in other places too. Are you gonna comment saying europe sees her as irrelevant too? The music industry is changing and unfortunately fans never caught up and that makes all the difference for an artist. 

5 hours ago, brestol1 said:

I live in the US and I guarantee you that none of MTV channels played her videos 24/7 as you mentioned in your response. Unfortunately and sadly she is no longer relevant  for this country.

ALL MTV channels played Madonna leading up to the Medilian premiere, there were even commercials for it and her videography, there were videos played that I hadn't seen in years and I have about 12 one hour video thons Madonna specials saved on my DVR from April from MTV Classic and regular MTV 

16 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

"She IS the show bitch!!"  Lol he said it a nutshell!! Great review!! He makes me laugh!

3 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

He’s just amazing. The wig is a character. :rotfl:

:lol:I had to watch it again. He cracks me up. Haha

On 7/24/2019 at 7:01 PM, Katypatra said:

It’s just funny how some people get butt hurt assuming she straight up talks about Trump. For a timeless song like Batuka, please!! Besides, Trump deserves being thrown in jail! Period! 

Whenever i listen to Batuka or God Control I think about what's going on in my country and it's facists (not my) president.

3 hours ago, Humberto77rj said:

Whenever i listen to Batuka or God Control I think about what's going on in my country and it's facists (not my) president.

I’m still obsessing over the song and the video!! I included Batuka in my “ultimate sacred Madonna playlist” and placed it right after Shanti/Ashtangi. Guess what? Pure magic!! 

7 hours ago, Katypatra said:

I’m still obsessing over the song and the video!! I included Batuka in my “ultimate sacred Madonna playlist” and placed it right after Shanti/Ashtangi. Guess what? Pure magic!! 

Im gonna try this!!! !!

26 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Madonna’s versatility is unmatched. The same woman who sings Batuka sings Girl Gone Wild, Secret Garden, and Back In Business. 🤯

And Burning Up! lol

This is why I can never tire of her. Whatever flavor you like, she'll have it for you! 80's dance pop, 80's pop with and R&B flair, 90's house/trance, "electronica", folktronica, musicals, 30's/40's jazz inspired, electropop, a little trap, 00's R&B/pop......what doesn't she do!?

^true. Here we are, video #75 (?), and she still delivers the goods. Who could've guessed her 75th video would be filmed n the coast of Portugal, be a homage to freedom, and to sorority, and include batuque music. To call her unique is just not enough. 

I love her SO MUCH!! 😭😭 she’s like the only good thing in my life right now. 😢 75 videos, unreal.

What’s the beautiful song that plays in the beginning of the video?  I love that part so much.

9 hours ago, Shaun said:

Madonna’s versatility is unmatched. The same woman who sings Batuka sings Girl Gone Wild, Secret Garden, and Back In Business. 🤯

Very true. It’s amazing to think of everything she’s done over the years. What a career.

17 hours ago, Icykiller said:

^true. Here we are, video #75 (?), and she still delivers the goods. Who could've guessed her 75th video would be filmed n the coast of Portugal, be a homage to freedom, and to sorority, and include batuque music. To call her unique is just not enough. 

actually, freedom and sorority have appeared in her music and videos more than a few times,but yes, I agree wioth you that it´s amazing. I still can´t believe the great taste that I had when I was 8 years old!:queenbitch:

I am torn between Batuka and EO being the best song off MX. Batuka is soooo good and the video even managed to uplift it!!!!

4 hours ago, elijah said:

I am torn between Batuka and EO being the best song off MX. Batuka is soooo good and the video even managed to uplift it!!!!

I always have these songs in my head and find myself humming them! Still, not sure if they’re my favorite, but they’ve embedded themselves in my head! 

7 hours ago, OhFather said:

I always have these songs in my head and find myself humming them! Still, not sure if they’re my favorite, but they’ve embedded themselves in my head! 

Yep. Crazy has been that way for me lately. But all of the songs have that quality for me depending on my mood. 

On 8/3/2019 at 12:35 AM, Bill said:

What’s the beautiful song that plays in the beginning of the video?  I love that part so much.

It's a typical Church chant found in Catholic countries, devotional to Maria, who gets a name check, the Virgin Mary. I like the irony of that too, when you look at what follows conceptually in the video, ghost ships and all

12 hours ago, XXL said:

It's a typical Church chant found in Catholic countries, devotional to Maria, who gets a name check, the Virgin Mary. I like the irony of that too, when you look at what follows conceptually in the video, ghost ships and all

i hope they add it to the tour version 

On 8/3/2019 at 12:35 AM, Bill said:

I love her SO MUCH!! 😭😭 she’s like the only good thing in my life right now. 😢 75 videos, unreal.

The song was in one of M IG post few monthes ago when she was with the batukadeiras and DinoSantiago

Edited by idro

14 hours ago, idro said:

The song was in one of M IG post few monthes ago when she was with the batukadeiras and DinoSantiago

So beautiful.  Glad she put that to good use.

I cannot get this song out of my head. I just love it. The video is perfection. Thank you thank you in more ways than one, Madonna! 🙏🙏🙏✨

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

I cannot get this song out of my head. I just love it. The video is perfection. Thank you thank you in more ways than one, Madonna! 🙏🙏🙏✨

This video is my most played from this era. Probably because it has no interruptions and flows so well with the song!

12 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

This video is my most played from this era. Probably because it has no interruptions and flows so well with the song!

I know what you mean. I think my plays have surpassed Medellin's. I love the scenery, the colors, her dancing, her hair, the Batukadeiras and just everything.