“Batuka” music video

3 minutes ago, domyeyebrows said:

Yep, ghostly slave ships, always present on the horizon. My favourite part!

That was a truly special and beautiful touch.  

Again this era is just taken to all new heights as far as visuals and inspiration.  I can’t get over it.

Just watched the Video...greatness. Whoever said in this thread why is she smiling so much is stupid-she isn’t that much & joy/sadness go hand in hand.

This reaffirms to me when Madonna posted that insta pic of her Jay z/Beyoncé in the Louvre staring at a wall full of her pics and captioned it “learning from the master” - she was fucking right.

if this was the 80’s/90’s - the videos for Medellin, Dark Ballet, GC, Batuka would have been acclaimed as masterpieces by now and been nominated/won countless awards.

She seems so happy in this video with an aura of eternal youth characteristic of people who continue to be curious and open to discover new things  all their lives.

8 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

She seems so happy in this video with an aura of eternal youth characteristic of people who continue to be curious and open to discover new things  all their lives.

+1

Truth! Thank you! 🌟

Another moving masterpiece!

Cannot wait for the tour:

Will the women join you onstage when you perform in a live setting?

“Yes, not only are they in my show, they are my choir in general. They’re my choir in ‘God Control,’ ‘Like a Prayer,’ ‘Come Alive,’ and ‘I Rise.’ They’re even dancing in my show; they’ve become fully integrated in so many ways. It’s amazing. It’s crazy how multitalented they all are and how ready they are to share this experience. It’s been so great having them become a part of everything. They’re going to blow people away; the world isn’t ready.

Can we please wake up and appreciate just how CONNECTED Madonna really is with the world?? WHAT other pop star is like that? Mariah? I mean, I’m not trying to put down anyone else, I’m just saying, Madonna is the most  in tuned with everything that’s going on globally! Israel, Palestine, Malawi, Brazil, Portugal, etc. 

25 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Yes!! It’s official, after this video, anyone who still doesn’t “get” Batuka is a shallow, empty shell, period! The Queen on the other hand continues to live her life fully and just when you thought she couldn’t be more creative, she explores new venues and brings life into today’s dull pop industry! 

Once again, Madonna brings me down on my knees. I am full of emotions and thankfulness. I thank her for doing this album and the selection of videos the way she wanted. I thank her for throwing away all the pretences, greediness, and phoniness (for what most other artists are doing these days) and instead getting to the heart of the matter and what's important with every passionate message she's trying to get out there. Thank you Madonna for sticking up for everyone's rights and not letting anyone shut you up or be their slave as it comes in many many forms. You'd think after all of this time, people would be above such oppression, but it's very much still out there no matter where you look. Thank you to Madonna and the Batukadeiras for their powerful prayer. I am beyond words. Stunning and so powerfully, perfectly, and beautifully filmed. 

Wow , what a beautiful stunning vision of a video . It’s actually turning my opinion on the song , I’m getting into it now . It’s really lifted the song for me . 10/10 video M. Hope people watch it .

1 hour ago, Lolasmommy said:

Just watched the Video...greatness. Whoever said in this thread why is she smiling so much is stupid-she isn’t that much & joy/sadness go hand in hand.

This reaffirms to me when Madonna posted that insta pic of her Jay z/Beyoncé in the Louvre staring at a wall full of her pics and captioned it “learning from the master” - she was fucking right.

if this was the 80’s/90’s - the videos for Medellin, Dark Ballet, GC, Batuka would have been acclaimed as masterpieces by now and been nominated/won countless awards.

what so i cant express an opinion without being branded 'stupid' around here. You can wheel out cliche statements like "joy/sadness go hand in hand" to try and dismiss what im saying - it still makes it a jarring visual message to me. Batuka is such a dark, menacing, dramatic and serious song. Had the final build been of her performing like this i might feel differently, but it felt like this was her main performance throughout. 

I'm impressed by all the videos from this era, we haven't had that many videos for an album since Ray of Light.

I wish the general public was more interested in the new Madonna work and not only her old stuff, but maybe when she's dead (let it be in a loooong time) all these masterpieces will be rediscovered. Let's enjoy this magnificent era. Can't wait for the tour.

49 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

I told you she just recorded her parts on the studio! Thats not her on the beach

#itoldyousoooooo

Are we doing this again? Lol People were saying it wasn’t her riding a horse in Medellín video and if turned out that it really was her. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but like, unless you have legit sources to back up what you’re saying, don’t spread potentially false information, just saying... 

53 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

I told you she just recorded her parts on the studio! Thats not her on the beach

#itoldyousoooooo

Log off. You’re annoying and negative.

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Can we please wake up and appreciate just how CONNECTED Madonna really is with the world?? WHAT other pop star is like that? Mariah? I mean, I’m not trying to put down anyone else, I’m just saying, Madonna is the most  in tuned with everything that’s going on globally! Israel, Palestine, Malawi, Brazil, Portugal, etc. 

Yes! Yes! This so much.