“Batuka” music video

58 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

It is a beautiful video, but nothing expectacular. A sweet way to finish the album campaign before the tour (unless there is any surprise, obviously).

Spectacularly Moving! I love love love it. May end up being my fav of the era. 

The refinery article is a perfect way to attempt to quell any SJW outrage. She clearly loves these women and also knows her association with anything brings outrage. 

Also, so happy to have Batuka, God Control, I Rise, and (especially for me) COME ALIVE confirmed on the setlist, with the butkadeiras as her choir...

Still keeping my fingers crossed for RESCUE ME, as well. She may not have been certain about that when she did the interview with refinery29.

16 minutes ago, domyeyebrows said:

Don’t think we can see it in South Africa, thanks for your help 

1 minute ago, boy skeffington said:

Spectacularly Moving! I love love love it. May end up being my fav of the era. 

The refinery article is a perfect way to attempt to quell any SJW outrage. She clearly loves these women and also knows her association with anything brings outrage. 

Absolutely — the necessary strategy there should work. Where it doesn’t work, it’s because of willful ignorance and fake outrage intended to increase deep-seated hatred of Madonna.

She really spoke eloquently and respectfully — you can tell she is humble, grateful, and admires these women.

20 minutes ago, domyeyebrows said:

I finally saw it i was confused because i thought the video was a bts video. The video was really beautiful but really sad specially at the end.

It's a really beautiful and touching video. She looks great in it, and if it is indeed the last video of Madame X.. I'm pretty satisfied with it. She's been so inspired this era, and can't wait to see what's in store for us in the tour!

3 minutes ago, Andrewleybourne said:

Don’t think we can see it in South Africa, thanks for your help 

Sorry! 😞 Hope it is more widely available soon.

I looked at refinery29’s website, and at the top you can change the country, but the only options are Canada, UK, Germany, and France (other than the US). I don’t know if the Madonna feature are available in all of those countries, either.

I’m sure she will make it available on her own channels within 24 hours...

Video is beautifully shot and i love the simple and respectful premise of the video. Love Adjei's work - very photographic.

My only gripe / observation is that Madonna's performance is slightly at odds with the tone of the video. She's bouncing around and smiling throughout. doesnt quite connect for me. I appreciate that they are a joyous group in spite of their history - but the tone of the video is sombre, and madonna's performance isnt?!?!?

Oh my god... who’s saying this video is nothing special? That has got to be madonna’s greatest video... the raw emotion, the organic dancing... these ladies giving themselves completely to Madonna and Madonna herself completely absorbed with the music and the love coming from them. It’s truly moving and touching and when they finally get to the recording studio... what a JAM... 

honestly, this is amazing. This video deserves awards. It’s beautifully shot and it shows us a Madonna in moments I’m sure she would’ve kept to herself. So generous of her. What a journey this Madame X era has been. Wow.

10 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

Very nice video- and moving. 

In one shot, you can see it's not M, though, on the beach with the women. 😋

I see her partial face in a frame at 2:19...so it's her some of the time. She's clearly in the house by the beach...

Just like it was her with the horse in the circle in Medellin. 

3 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Oh my god... who’s saying this video is nothing special? That has got to be madonna’s greatest video... the raw emotion, the organic dancing... these ladies giving themselves completely to Madonna and Madonna herself completely absorbed with the music and the love coming from them. It’s truly moving and touching and when they finally get to the recording studio... what a JAM... 

honestly, this is amazing. This video deserves awards. It’s beautifully shot and it shows us a Madonna in moments I’m sure she would’ve kept to herself. So generous of her. What a journey this Madame X era has been. Wow.

:clap:

5 minutes ago, Crozzauk said:

Video is beautifully shot and i love the simple and respectful premise of the video. Love Adjei's work - very photographic.

My only gripe / observation is that Madonna's performance is slightly at odds with the tone of the video. She's bouncing around and smiling throughout. doesnt quite connect for me. I appreciate that they are a joyous group in spite of their history - but the tone of the video is sombre, and madonna's performance isnt?!?!?

Again, the song/video is not about M. 

Your dancing here seems improvised. How did you approach it?

“I was completely and utterly inspired by them. And there was no need or call for choreography. The dancing was organic and fluid; I just watched them move and joined them.”

I simply love Batuka 😍😍😍 I was crying all the time during the video. Thank you Madonna for this great album with all the videos.

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

Again, the song/video is not about M. 

Your dancing here seems improvised. How did you approach it?

“I was completely and utterly inspired by them. And there was no need or call for choreography. The dancing was organic and fluid; I just watched them move and joined them.”

yeah i read that before. doesnt change my opinion of it. a music video is about creating a visual work of art and so shouldn't really need the context of an interview to understand it. Other people who see the video without  knowing that are also possibly going to feel that same dissonance. 

Just my observation.

i still really like the video.

1 minute ago, Barbie said:

Were those supposed to be slave ships at the end? Before they disappear. That’s deep as fuck.

Yep, ghostly slave ships, always present on the horizon. My favourite part!