“Batuka” music video

It is a beautiful video, but nothing expectacular. A sweet way to finish the album campaign before the tour (unless there is any surprise, obviously).

4 minutes ago, Voguerock said:

I can't watch also.. Is it on YouTube yet? 

2 minutes ago, miri1912 said:

I can not see the video either 😪😥😓

Found it scroll to the very bottom (before it is a nice interview)

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/07/238160/madonna-batuka-music-video-madame-x-interview

I had to go to an actual refinery and they let me watch it there 

it's 2019 upload the video on YouTube and move on instead of going through all these platforms that make it difficult to watch 

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

The article says that it is the "sixth video (so far)"   Hopefully that truly is a hint and not a just a comment.

Well, I doubt they have "insider infos" about it. It is more likely this was the last video of this era. There is no reason to be sad though, because all the videos were great

changing browsers worked for me.

Yes, it is strange that they go out of their way to not show her face for the outdoor shots.....

OH wow, chills all over my body and tears in my eyes, this is all so special. I am so fascinated by the Batuque now and learning more about the history, that broke my heart seeing the slave ships on the horizon and the women crying, yet the euphoric defiance in their music and dance and drumming, they are strong no matter what comes. Jesus I love this woman

1 hour ago, Lament said:

Anitta's team confirmed there would be no Faz Gostoso video.

M is in full rehearsal mode and she won't have time to fly to Brazil. Anitta is touring. that's it

No they didn't.

And no that doesn't mean no video. 

Have a sit.

Wow this is one of the most heartfelt videos of her career, in a way it reminds me of the feeling I got from the Secret video, one of my favourites. Gorgeous experience, beautiful woman who's at her artistic pic again after a 37 years long career: God bless her, God bless her!

Edited by Stefo

Absolutely beautiful. Another cinematic video. Simple, beautifully shot, powerful, empowering, joyful. Her artistry is above and beyond on this album and her soul is in it 100%. She just keeps on giving. I can’t wait to see all this come to life on tour. Minds will be blown. 

It's simple yet says so much. I think it's beautiful. She looks great. The women look and sound beautiful. It has a big heart and you can feel it. The ghost ships at the end are very eerie and fit perfectly with the mournful music. It's great.

Love, love this video. :clap: Batuka is really growing on me as well! 

My absolute favorite video of her entire catalogue. It is about female empowerment, human resilience and unity, slavery history, not forgetting about the past, but facing it by being brave and pride. Portugal has a long history with the idea of longing for some kind of miracle and salvation coming from the sea - and it was gorgeously captured by Emmanuel. Nothing less than amazing and not “simple” at all. “Like a Prayer”-level of quality and message. PLUS: her daughters joining all these amazing women and being part of the African history they represent. ❤️

Edited by Colonel_Sanders