“Batuka” music video

1 minute ago, FreeMySoul said:

Reminds me of Hortense Hathaway a bit. 

9 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

:wow:

It gets me too exited! Looks like one of her best video!!! It could end up my favourite VIDEO &  SONG this era!

Wow..I like the hair...it reminds me  rain, I'll rember and fever. The video seems so powerful.

1 hour ago, *mlvc* said:

Well, number one, there is no need to be rude, number two I am not a sjw, and number three, you are wrong. A "Native Indian" would be someone who was born in India. The reason that the term "Indians" stuck was because when the Americas were discovered the explorers believed that they were IN India, so they called the native tribes "Indians." If you ask Native Americans today if they want to be called "Indians" they will tell you that they do not.

SO, my point is that I don't know why Madonna didn't just write, "I will be Native American, if the tribe is taken" or something to that effect.

To those comments above, which got out of hand because I mentioned "Killers" in a "Batuka" video thread... I am well aware of gay people being burned, women being raped, the poor being downtrodden, etc. I do not live under a rock, my point is that IN MY OPINION these two songs could have really used some polishing in the lyrics department.

I love all of Madonna's albums in different ways, but I will be the first one to say that "Superstar" "Birthday Song" "Spanish Lesson" or "Beat Goes On" are head scratchers among otherwise brilliant bodies of work and I can say the same about certain tracks from MADAME X.

I feel some tension in some of the commentary and perhaps some of that comes from the fact that I am a new poster to this forum, sadly Madonna Xfinity closed shop and I was forced to relocate, lol!

Don't take me as a hater or a troll, I am a genuine fan that just doesn't feel that I have to enjoy everything and I also have the right to say I don't like a track or a look. It doesn't make me a less-than fan. 😃

Everybody in the world knows that there are two, so to speak, kinds of Indians, the once living in India, and the ones, usually called Native Indians, living in USA. We all know why, as we know the history. But your stubbornness to be so stuck up on that phrase and thus calling the whole song incorrect is annoying and it’s frustrating everyone on here. So just stop. We get it. You don’t like the song. Okay! 

Just now, cocolattee said:

wow.... brunette madonna always wins for me

1989 vibes!!! And the song is so powerful and strong! Hope the video is as magnificent!

8 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

I was really just expecting scenes from doc on amazon not a new video at all it looks great

Same. Now I wonder if the documentary scenes that we saw her in will be for another upcoming video. If so, which one? 

Just now, Voguerista said:

Same. Now I wonder if the documentary scenes that we saw her in will be for another upcoming video. If so, which one? 

Hopefully Extreme Occident or IDSIF.

2 minutes ago, elijah said:

Hopefully Extreme Occident or IDSIF.

There does seem to be one video left at least as we haven’t seen any video with the character in the wavy black wig and yellow faux fur stole or the Handmaiden look with the head and the black dress.

i am shocked we get to see a new look for batuka and the video looks like it’s going to take the song to another level.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
17 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

I was really just expecting scenes from doc on amazon not a new video at all it looks great

Yeah, I was thinking similar, even though I know there was some footage at the beach I recalled. 

And I love that she's focused on the vision with this era with these unconventional songs. 

4 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

That snippet elevated the song x1000 for me. I can’t. 

For me it didn't elevate it even, cause I m obsessed with it since the first listen. But the video is blowing my mind. I think it would be one of her best videos! That scenery! And she radiates beauty and happiness 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
6 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

There does seem to be one video left at least as we haven’t seen any video with the character in the wavy black wig and yellow faux fur stole or the Handmaiden look with the head and the black dress.

I think those were simply photoshoots for the album hype and what ended up documenting the making of the album on Amazon.

45 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Someone please pinch me because this is everything and more!! I’ve always been obsessed with Candomblé and Baianas and African beats, Portuguese and obviously Madonna, omg!!!