“Batuka” music video

7 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

So many kudos to Madonna's dancing too and  the quirky way it was filmed. So d*mn cool 🌹❤️❤️❤️✨

And @Katypatra, thanks for all the cultural info. Fascinating. It makes me love the video, Madonna, and the Batukadeiras even more! 

2 minutes ago, horn said:

Thanks for the explanation.

I hope such message are conveyed to those who doesn't have a clue about Batuka to avoid misunderstanding.

You’re so welcome ♥️😘

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

What a wonderful testament to and from the Batukadeiras.  I know her critics and haters will negatively twist this as if Madonna is exploiting these women, but I for one love the fact that Madonna throughout her career immerses herself in different musical cultures, especially this era.  She brings enlightenment to those who appreciate learning about other cultures and lifestyles. I personally would have never known of these women if Madonna didn't share this within her music.  Madonna's whole career has been about bringing things to the forefront and enlightening people.  It's too bad some can't appreciate that about Madonna. 

And just because the video deserve another direct link within this thread:

did anyone notice the twins were in the video? it's near the end when Madonna is in the room with the Women Estere and Stella are sitting on the floor.

There'll be no female artists like M who's brave enough to release this kinda music when she's 37 years into her career. She doesn't give a shit at this point!

42 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

@boy skeffington They only show a side view of the brunette figure on the beach- and, to me, it didn't look like M. The face is hidden in every other shot. And, yes, it's certainly her in the house parts. 🙂

You are right Its not M on the beach but then again it doesnt even matter. Frozen had a body double as well and probably other videos.

52AE4B6E-B51C-40DF-9A94-34FE87D84AEC.jpeg

1 hour ago, juliebean said:

did anyone notice the twins were in the video? it's near the end when Madonna is in the room with the Women Estere and Stella are sitting on the floor.

Awesome. Thanks. I didn't see them before. 💫💫✨

2 hours ago, idro said:

I want to know what the Batukadeira s singing about in the song

not perfect translation but something like:

Its a long day

dear lord

who’s this crazy white woman

mercy god

Now that no one can say she's trying to take advantage of anything , she's showing her big heart and her great and kind personality .Who can say she's trying to sell more records by ''shocking'' or using controversy for her own good ? Or using minorities ?

6 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

Now that no one can say she's trying to take advantage of anything , she's showing her big heart and her great and kind personality .Who can say she's trying to sell more records by ''shocking'' or using controversy for her own good ? Or using minorities ?

Believe me they will try to say she is taking advantage. I think it is genuinely the biggest misconception of Madonna. Always has and always will be. That she is an appropriator. I truly believe her intentions are pure and can see it more and more in her later years, the way she refuses to filter herself. remains true to who she is rather than reducing herself down to being just an Instagram account like someone like Beyonce. 

36 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Awesome. Thanks. I didn't see them before. 💫💫✨

I noticed it on the second viewing that's sweet she included them. :inlove:

5 hours ago, peter said:

Sorry! 😞 Hope it is more widely available soon.

I looked at refinery29’s website, and at the top you can change the country, but the only options are Canada, UK, Germany, and France (other than the US). I don’t know if the Madonna feature are available in all of those countries, either.

I’m sure she will make it available on her own channels within 24 hours...

Thanks I finally got to see it. It’s fantastic!!! 

48 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

You are right Its not M on the beach but then again it doesnt even matter. Frozen had a body double as well and probably other videos.

52AE4B6E-B51C-40DF-9A94-34FE87D84AEC.jpeg

Maybe she’s was body double 

1 hour ago, HolidayGuy said:

@boy skeffington They only show a side view of the brunette figure on the beach- and, to me, it didn't look like M. The face is hidden in every other shot. And, yes, it's certainly her in the house parts. 🙂

Same thing that was said about M on the horse in Medellin and on Dark Ballet- and it was her all along (-;

amazing

this demands several viewings

that shot when she looks straight at the camera almost blinded me

the whole rhythm of the images and the song, I mean wow

those ghost ships

BRAVO