Batuka - The video is coming!

1 hour ago, Alvarø said:

I love the song, but if she's indeed performing this year, I think that Batuka won't be an option (maybe as part of a MX mash-up, idk 🤔).

Batuka is DEFINITELY an option! Madonna loves “tribal” beats and has done similar performances in the past, with the gypsies during Sticky end Sweet and a remix of Masterpiece during MDNA your.  

3 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Because its a good song. 

“It’s a long day “ 

“it’s a long day”

repeat x 15 

yaaaawn

5 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

“It’s a long day “ 

“it’s a long day”

repeat x 15 

yaaaawn

It's a good song

It's  a goooood song

Cause it's a good sooooong

It's a gooooood sooooong

*Repeat*

33 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

“It’s a long day “ 

“it’s a long day”

repeat x 15 

yaaaawn

its not just a good song, its a great song and among the best on this album. The fact that a line is repeated many times doesn't diminish the greatness of the song, actually its one of the reasons why the song works so well. See Extreme Occident central chant "Life Is a Circle". I think Batuka also sounds like an African chant and thats one of the reasons why it is so powerful.

39 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

“It’s a long day “ 

“it’s a long day”

repeat x 15 

yaaaawn

I don't determine if a song is good strictly off its lyrical content. Seems kind of mentally limiting. 

2 hours ago, RyanAnth4 said:

“It’s a long day “ 

“it’s a long day”

repeat x 15 

yaaaawn

I am somewhat inclined to agree. I like the melody and the idea behind it, but this song doesn't really go anywhere. Maybe worthy of a tour interlude?

3 hours ago, Kilt said:

If she takes the Batukadeiras on tour, surely she'll do Batuka, duh

The Batukadeiras are going with Madonna on tour, and so is Celeste Rodrigues' great-grandson who plays Portuguese guitar:

https://blitz.pt/principal/update/2019-07-05-Gaspar-Varela-vai-acompanhar-Madonna-na-proxima-digressao

4 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Batuka is DEFINITELY an option! Madonna loves “tribal” beats and has done similar performances in the past, with the gypsies during Sticky end Sweet and a remix of Masterpiece during MDNA your.  

I agree. I've learned to trust her as there hasn't been one tour I've been disappointed with and the clever way she's performed or mixed every song for them. 

4 hours ago, elijah said:

its not just a good song, its a great song and among the best on this album. The fact that a line is repeated many times doesn't diminish the greatness of the song, actually its one of the reasons why the song works so well. See Extreme Occident central chant "Life Is a Circle". I think Batuka also sounds like an African chant and thats one of the reasons why it is so powerful.

This.

8 hours ago, imakicola said:

I wish there could be connecting videos for each of these too so it could all be one chronological visual album. Mm!!!

Still praying for this. 🙏🏼

8 hours ago, cocolattee said:

can't wait for this video! that on-set picture alone is so inspiring, the sunset, the ocean waves... 😍😍

yaaaaaaas biiiiiiitch

On 7/7/2019 at 11:13 AM, RyanAnth4 said:

“It’s a long day “ 

“it’s a long day”

repeat x 15 

yaaaawn

They make medicine for people with short attention spans.  Just saying.

This is one of my favorites on the album too. Really incredible. It’s interesting to see how wide-ranging the tastes of her fanbase are. There are just as many who only like straightforward pop songs as those who like her more experimental side. I can’t imagine not hearing the brilliance of this song.

6 minutes ago, Simo9jo said:

This is one of my favorites on the album too. Really incredible. It’s interesting to see how wide-ranging the tastes of her fanbase are. There are just as many who only like straightforward pop songs as those who like her more experimental side. I can’t imagine not hearing the brilliance of this song.

This

On 7/7/2019 at 4:56 PM, Nightshade said:

I am somewhat inclined to agree. I like the melody and the idea behind it, but this song doesn't really go anywhere. Maybe worthy of a tour interlude?

Where is it supposed to go?

3 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Where is it supposed to go?

Right? Like it’s not an average pop song! Jesus. It’s obviously based on a chanting melody of the Baianas/Batukadeiras, which one needs to know about or be interested in before they can appreciate their style of singing. This is one of those songs by Madonna that is simply not for everyone. 

10 hours ago, Simo9jo said:

It grew on me a lot, too. Amazing atmosphere and catchy. Sounds super on speakers too.