Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reported as many troll comments as I could. 

And I have to say that I'm so proud of all videos and messages from Madame X. A number one is easily forgotten but those songs and videos are there to shake us for years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The video and song will always be relevant as long as there are deranged people in the world who turn to guns for mass destruction.

It is Madonna's voice saying 'This is your wake-up call..." spoken bit, yes? Pretty sure it is, just "played with"- just asking. :gent:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad about the shootings in the US.  My thoughts are with their families and friends. 

The video is one of her best in years.  The views are definitely increasing and the trolls have taken over.  But let's hope  the message and video become more visible to the general public. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

It is Madonna's voice saying 'This is your wake-up call..." spoken bit, yes? Pretty sure it is, just "played with"- just asking. :gent:

Yes it is, Madonna and Mirwais love to play with her voice 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again, she really had her ear to the ground. The gun control movement has reached a possible tipping point. People are over gun mania here in the US. When you watch the vid for God Control and you see Madame X's frustration that is playing out now. MTV could have had a cultural moment with it winning Video of the Year but no. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

Once again, she really had her ear to the ground. The gun control movement has reached a possible tipping point. People are over gun mania here in the US. When you watch the vid for God Control and you see Madame X's frustration that is playing out now. MTV could have had a cultural moment with it winning Video of the Year but no. 

So well said. There is not one person on either side of the fence who doesn't think something more needs to happen to stop this madness. 😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 2:21 PM, I Don’t Search I Find said:

 

"After the events of this past weekend, Madonna once again demonstrates that she continues to have her ear firmly planted to the ground and is able to tap into a message that the public at large (and our elected leaders) need to hear, even if it is one that is extremely difficult to both watch and listen to."

 

Amen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The second time she sings "people think that I'm insane", when she will start to sing backwards, the "insane people..." part, there's a cut but I can still hear the letter "i" and I think it's a bad edit... 😞 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beautyiswhereIfoundit said:

The second time she sings "people think that I'm insane", when she will start to sing backwards, the "insane people..." part, there's a cut but I can still hear the letter "i" and I think it's a bad edit... 😞 

It's a terrible edit. It can't be official.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 9:33 AM, Beastialg said:

It's a terrible edit. It can't be official.

Agreed, it's terrible. Once I realized that it cut out the intro with just her voice and the piano, I deleted it. The other edit that was posted weeks ago was much more professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 11:30 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

Oh god. That abrupted edit at 2:39 is horrible. So unprofessional.

This edit is a total disaster. That abrupt edit is so not professionally done.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely this radio edit isn't real? There's no way an edit that bad could be given then okay? This is worst than anything on Celebration! You can hear the first millisecond of the next line!

I love the intro on the album but for the purpose of the radio they could surely just go straight to the disco strings intro ? Since the intro verse is repeated in the outro anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be official remixes to God Control?

I think it would most certainly hit the top spot on the Billboard Dance Club Play chart, if released.

It's an incredible song! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...