Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, acko said:

The harsh reality is that being a victim of a tragedy doesn't necessarily make you an authority in a social debate.

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Toni said:

That brat is actively stumping the growth of the GC video. People will read her comments, and take her at value and assume she's telling the truth and Madonna is a cunt. And then they wont watch the video!

No way. It's human nature. They'll watch it to see what all the fuss is about.

Link to post
Share on other sites

poor thing, she might just need therapy (or more if she has already)

Link to post
Share on other sites

If i'm honest I don't care if she's at the beginning of I Rise. That speech is not about a person. It's about an issue. I mean, Mariah Carey's voice is in Deeper And Deeper remixes too :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, karbatal said:

If i'm honest I don't care if she's at the beginning of I Rise. That speech is not about a person. It's about an issue. I mean, Mariah Carey's voice is in Deeper And Deeper remixes too :lol:

what??????

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, promise to try said:

what??????

I remember I read about it here? I am at work now but there's a Deeper and Deeper remix that has a female voice saying "oooooh" "yeaaaaaah" and it's Mariah, but I can't find it in Youtube? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmmmmmmh...  How do I put this...

Well, Madonna's accomplishments are due to her talents, creativity, hard work, discipline, fearless, bravery... You name It.

Meanwhile this bitch accomplishments are not even hers, she just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, and be lucky enough to Live to Tell. Now she feels like this moral authority to Tell Madonna and the rest of us how should we do certain things that are way bigger than her and her over inflated ego. 

This bitch better calm down and show some respect. What she did and said was disgusting. She should be ashamed and apologize for acting like a brat and give lessons to somebody who does It better. She should also be thankful that Madonna paid attention to her, she doesnt deserve It.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Heaven forbid TMZ and the like report the articulate viewpoint from this Pulse Orlando survivor. 

 

Of course not, they only write articles when they can bash her. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that with her away from Warner's since 2012, Madonna has more leeway to be political and controversial, Warner's most definitely reigned her in when she was with them, because she was their Cash cow

I mean Madonna has ALWAYS been a commercial artist, she's "pop", pop is commercial, the polar opposite of being a "cult artist", and Warner's spent a FORTUNE on PR campaigns for many of her albums, she was always expected to sell a certain amount of albums with them and generally she did, even her under performing albums with Warner's, Erotica and American Life were falsley called flops at 6-7 and 4-5 million units sold Worldwide, simply because she's a massive seller and those albums would be considered hits for virtually anyone else

 

Her numbers from 1984-2009 were extraordinary from a commercial perspective

 

Now she has ZERO fucks to give and maybe she has moved into more of a "cult" place like Bowie and Prince the majority of their careers, but she certainly wasn't in a cult place even 10 years ago, she was packaged, and she packaged herself, to appeal to the masses, with COADF she succeeded at appealing to the masses

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an example of talking without thinking through enough... after being bashed by us fans, I believed she would have learned her lesson... freedom of speech should not be used in this instance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this David Hogg curious to know his reaction to God Control

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never even heard of this screaming bald headed bitch until "I Rise".

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

Now this David Hogg curious to know his reaction to God Control

I think he is smart enough to stay quiet. His twitter treads are a perfect place to post the video link

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you respect Madonna you will respect peoples right to have a difference of opinion. Im sickened by the attacks on Emma Gonzalez and other people who were involved in these tragedies. Actually living through it and  campaigning for months or longer does give you the right to speak out. Madonnas done something for the right reason to bring about discussion and debate about an incredibly contentious subject,. She'd one expecting this kind of reaction. If she wasn't she shouldn't do it but she would have. 

The comments on here are a disgrace to everything Madonna stands for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is it about Madonna that makes everyone's common sense and moral decency fly out the window? If it's not celebrities like Elton John and Cher calling her a cunt and getting no pushback from it (while everyone wanted her head on a plate for calling Lady Gaga reductive), it's Emma Gonzalez spreading fake news in the name of self righteousness.  I just don't think Madonna can win in today's SJW society which makes her activism even more admirable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, acko said:

The harsh reality is that being a victim of a tragedy doesn't necessarily make you an authority in a social debate.

And art is about pushing buttons and eliciting a response. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Danny Bubbles said:

If you respect Madonna you will respect peoples right to have a difference of opinion. Im sickened by the attacks on Emma Gonzalez and other people who were involved in these tragedies. Actually living through it and  campaigning for months or longer does give you the right to speak out. Madonnas done something for the right reason to bring about discussion and debate about an incredibly contentious subject,. She'd one expecting this kind of reaction. If she wasn't she shouldn't do it but she would have. 

The comments on here are a disgrace to everything Madonna stands for.

Well,  I don't like vicious attacks on Emma herself but she DOES deserve to be called out for her ignorance and arrogance.  No, she is not entitled to dictate that others not involved in shootings should not speak out and as someone that aims to be a spokesperson for gun control,  she should know the truth about allies and the facts about the video before speaking out.   

Being a spokesperson for a cause,  means responsibility.  That responsibility means making sure of being aware of the facts before calling something "fucked"  and having to be schooled by other groups seeking gun control.  Sorry,  but Emma has brought all of this on herself.  She could simply apologize and say she was wrong (  about having no warning etc on the video )  and then she would gain some respect back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Well,  I don't like vicious attacks on Emma herself but she DOES deserve to be called out for her ignorance and arrogance.  No, she is not entitled to dictate that others not involved in shootings should not speak out and as someone that aims to be a spokesperson for gun control,  she should know the truth about allies and the facts about the video before speaking out.   

Being a spokesperson for a cause,  means responsibility.  That responsibility means making sure of being aware of the facts before calling something "fucked"  and having to be schooled by other groups seeking gun control.  Sorry,  but Emma has brought all of this on herself.  She could simply apologize and say she was wrong (  about having no warning etc on the video )  and then she would gain some respect back. 

Thank you! 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Well,  I don't like vicious attacks on Emma herself but she DOES deserve to be called out for her ignorance and arrogance.  No, she is not entitled to dictate that others not involved in shootings should not speak out and as someone that aims to be a spokesperson for gun control,  she should know the truth about allies and the facts about the video before speaking out.   

Being a spokesperson for a cause,  means responsibility.  That responsibility means making sure of being aware of the facts before calling something "fucked"  and having to be schooled by other groups seeking gun control.  Sorry,  but Emma has brought all of this on herself.  She could simply apologize and say she was wrong (  about having no warning etc on the video )  and then she would gain some respect back. 

 

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

Thank you! 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

And Gonzalez has the nerve for wanting Madonna to apologize to HER when she herself was in the wrong. I doubt we'll  ever get an apology from this misinformed millennial.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, roma said:

I think he is smart enough to stay quiet. His twitter treads are a perfect place to post the video link

 

Good idea. Hogg probably is aware of the video by now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

 

And Gonzalez has the nerve for wanting Madonna to apologize to HER when she herself was in the wrong. I doubt we'll  ever get an apology from this misinformed millennial.

The fucking nerve of this attention seeker. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is the youtube video not moving? I have seen it actually decrease in views and then get back to the same number? I dont suppose any manipulation of views is a factor? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Emma is being a brat. She’s been presented a ton of receipts disproving her rant, and a bunch of gun control groups (including March For Our Lives, which Emma is a part of!) have supported and defended Madonna. Emma should admit she was flat out wrong and she should apologize to Madonna. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Samo said:

I think that with her away from Warner's since 2012, Madonna has more leeway to be political and controversial, Warner's most definitely reigned her in when she was with them, because she was their Cash cow

I mean Madonna has ALWAYS been a commercial artist, she's "pop", pop is commercial, the polar opposite of being a "cult artist", and Warner's spent a FORTUNE on PR campaigns for many of her albums, she was always expected to sell a certain amount of albums with them and generally she did, even her under performing albums with Warner's, Erotica and American Life were falsley called flops at 6-7 and 4-5 million units sold Worldwide, simply because she's a massive seller and those albums would be considered hits for virtually anyone else

 

Her numbers from 1984-2009 were extraordinary from a commercial perspective

 

Now she has ZERO fucks to give and maybe she has moved into more of a "cult" place like Bowie and Prince the majority of their careers, but she certainly wasn't in a cult place even 10 years ago, she was packaged, and she packaged herself, to appeal to the masses, with COADF she succeeded at appealing to the masses

 

selling albums is not profitable anyway isnt it? The moneys on Touring and shes made a fortune aftet WB years of it

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, le smoking said:

What is it about Madonna that makes everyone's common sense and moral decency fly out the window? If it's not celebrities like Elton John and Cher calling her a cunt and getting no pushback from it (while everyone wanted her head on a plate for calling Lady Gaga reductive), it's Emma Gonzalez spreading fake news in the name of self righteousness.  I just don't think Madonna can win in today's SJW society which makes her activism even more admirable 

I've always wondered why that is. My own theory is Madonna is not a fake person, she doesn't front. That can come across as cold or bitchy to some. It seems when people really get to know Madonna beyond the superficial, they rave about her warmth and how down to earth she is- like Rosie, Debi, Rita Wilson, Jerry Seinfeld to name a few. 

8 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Well,  I don't like vicious attacks on Emma herself but she DOES deserve to be called out for her ignorance and arrogance.  No, she is not entitled to dictate that others not involved in shootings should not speak out and as someone that aims to be a spokesperson for gun control,  she should know the truth about allies and the facts about the video before speaking out.   

Being a spokesperson for a cause,  means responsibility.  That responsibility means making sure of being aware of the facts before calling something "fucked"  and having to be schooled by other groups seeking gun control.  Sorry,  but Emma has brought all of this on herself.  She could simply apologize and say she was wrong (  about having no warning etc on the video )  and then she would gain some respect back. 

She did bring this on because she lied or spread false information. Her reaction was childish and inarticulate. She could have given a reasoned reaction but she chose not to and is rightfully being called out.

1 hour ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Emma is being a brat. She’s been presented a ton of receipts disproving her rant, and a bunch of gun control groups (including March For Our Lives, which Emma is a part of!) have supported and defended Madonna. Emma should admit she was flat out wrong and she should apologize to Madonna. 

She should but sadly, I don't think she will. Madonna elevated Emma's voice and elevated the conversation about gun control with her lyrics and wonderfully crafted video. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and I was defending Madonna a few weeks ago on another board- not a music related one- and someone replied "Oh you must be from that fucking Madonna Nation site. Fuck them!" LOL. I wondered which disgruntled former poster it was. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

Oh and I was defending Madonna a few weeks ago on another board- not a music related one- and someone replied "Oh you must be from that fucking Madonna Nation site. Fuck them!" LOL. I wondered which disgruntled former poster it was. 

madonna haters are always lurking on this site

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

selling albums is not profitable anyway isnt it? The moneys on Touring and shes made a fortune aftet WB years of it

Yup not in the last 10 years anyway so Madonna now has ZERO fucks to give!

 

Warner's would of NEVER allowed her to release a God Control video when she was with them as their meal ticket, selling shitloads of albums and singles from.84-09

 

I feel like she's happy now and enjoying her creative freedom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...