Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jjbradleynyc said:

Will there be official remixes to God Control?

I think it would most certainly hit the top spot on the Billboard Dance Club Play chart, if released.

It's an incredible song! 

It has much better chance than I Rise, I dont know why they insist on I Rise being an anthem, it is an ok/good song with mostly terrible remixes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious, did any of the queens who were supposed to be in the video ever comment? I recall at least one left or was fired from a tour after choosing the video shoot over a scheduled show. Have any even said anything about the video? Seems like none are in it for more than a second. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Homogenic79 said:

Just curious, did any of the queens who were supposed to be in the video ever comment? I recall at least one left or was fired from a tour after choosing the video shoot over a scheduled show. Have any even said anything about the video? Seems like none are in it for more than a second. 

A lot of them were making a fool of the one that participated because it was like a 0.5sec cameo, I honestly don’t even know what they did asked for they if they are not featured in any major scene or even backdrop, it only added drama and also bad vibes because Madonna didn’t pay them but Taylor and Iggy who used drags a few months ago did pay them...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Might seem harsh, but I feel like it's their own fault for thinking their participation was going to really be anything more than a glorified extra. I'm sure the job description and video narrative was laid out for them, and considering where the cameras were focused while shooting, you'd think they would pick up on who was to be the focus. It was clear that the queens were there to fill out the atmosphere of the gay club setting, with Madonna and the dancers taking center stage (as would be obvious). I think there was probably an assumption by a lot of them that 'Madonna+drag queens+club' meant they were going to be the center of attention. Don't get me wrong, it would have been nice to see a few more quick shots of them, but considering the final product, it's clear why it probably wasn't all that necessary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

A lot of them were making a fool of the one that participated because it was like a 0.5sec cameo, I honestly don’t even know what they did asked for they if they are not featured in any major scene or even backdrop, it only added drama and also bad vibes because Madonna didn’t pay them but Taylor and Iggy who used drags a few months ago did pay them...

How do we know whether they were paid? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Maybe she doesnt want to "profit" off of the video or something. It was there before though.

No it’s never been on the iTunes Store to buy

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, boy skeffington said:

This song is one of the best she’s ever done. It’s one of her most confident songs. It’s a masterpiece. Uncompromising Queen.

👍🤟 totally agreed.. just sad that it's not reaching it's full potential as a single on airplay and sales... another gem hidden into the sand...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly, it's great that it's getting remixed although the one posted above is just the most generic trashy gay house mixes that he normally puts out. However, we've had some great mixes this era so hopefully we'll get a load more.

But there was also this tweet suggesting there's remixes for IDIF!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had heard that Money Exchange and Carmen Carrera were in God Control video but I couldn't spot any of them but I guess they were there !

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Firstly, it's great that it's getting remixed although the one posted above is just the most generic trashy gay house mixes that he normally puts out. However, we've had some great mixes this era so hopefully we'll get a load more.

But there was also this tweet suggesting there's remixes for IDIF!

 

 

Really pity the remixes were not released physically. It sounds quite awful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Offer Nissim is good but it removes "God Control" from the song which is the whole point of the song.  This is a sound bite remix and nothing more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bretticus said:

That Offer Nissim remix is fantastic! 👏

It's really great! This should have been the second single outside the US instead of Crave. It's no Hung Up, but the next best thing we could get. Queen of missed opportunities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Querelle said:

It's really great! This should have been the second single outside the US instead of Crave. It's no Hung Up, but the next best thing we could get. Queen of missed opportunities.

Crave had more of a lingering presence on charts in the long run while God Control pretty much came and went. It could have been another number one on the dance chart but given the message of the song, how a radio edit would butcher the song and the whole political thing; it's fair to say it wouldn't have left much of an impact aside from riling up conservatives on their hypocrisy about guns. It deserved more mixes for sure but doubt it would have done anything substantial than what it already did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

Crave had more of a lingering presence on charts in the long run while God Control pretty much came and went. It could have been another number one on the dance chart but given the message of the song, how a radio edit would butcher the song and the whole political thing; it's fair to say it wouldn't have left much of an impact aside from riling up conservatives on their hypocrisy about guns. It deserved more mixes for sure but doubt it would have done anything substantial than what it already did.

Crave is a great song and it's a nice surprise it's doing so well on the US charts. God Control has the same homemade problems as the single American Life, but it's a pity because it's such a catchy song. I hope the remixes for God Control (and I Don't Search?) come out soon. I am quite satisfied with the remixes of this era. They brighten up the rather dark album.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

Crave had more of a lingering presence on charts in the long run while God Control pretty much came and went. It could have been another number one on the dance chart but given the message of the song, how a radio edit would butcher the song and the whole political thing; it's fair to say it wouldn't have left much of an impact aside from riling up conservatives on their hypocrisy about guns. It deserved more mixes for sure but doubt it would have done anything substantial than what it already did.

It's clear that there is a release plan. Medellin got to No1 in the dance chart, then I rise was released and got to no 1 and now remixes for crave are being released. Both God control and IDSIF are also due to get mixes which should carry us through the next few months. Hopefully they'll ask hit number 1.

It's great throughout the tour we've got this constant stream of mixes keeping the project alive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

It's clear that there is a release plan. Medellin got to No1 in the dance chart, then I rise was released and got to no 1 and now remixes for crave are being released. Both God control and IDSIF are also due to get mixes which should carry us through the next few months. Hopefully they'll ask hit number 1.

It's great throughout the tour we've got this constant stream of mixes keeping the project alive.

Thankfully right! It's a way to keep the wave going even if she's not available for promotion outside of the tour. I can't wait to see the directions GC and IDSIF go with remixes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...