“God Control” thread

On 2/14/2020 at 2:26 PM, ThomasW said:

So she's getting sued right? If so then we won't get any GC mixes 😢

Which one to remix next? Come alive? 😃

Why would getting sued affect any remixes? 

On 2/17/2020 at 3:05 AM, Showdown said:

Well it nixed the I Want You single. I'm hoping they did come to agreement and we get mixes.

Wasn't I want you release a contractual issue because of different records label?

Someone claiming a writing credit shouldn't affect a single release though.

4 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Wasn't I want you release a contractual issue because of different records label?

Someone claiming a writing credit shouldn't affect a single release though.

Idk depends if she wants to give him more streams and residuals. Correct me if im wrong but the offer was a flat fee but if residuals were more then she would pay him the difference as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that IDSIF has claimed the 50th #1 crown on the dance club play charts, does anyone know if she is releasing "God Control" as the 5th single to clubs officially?

I sure as hell hope so! It would be a guaranteed 51st #1. 

If not, what a missed opportunity for such a phenomenal song.

1 hour ago, bardo said:

i'd be down for some remixes but i have a feeling it might not happen. maybe due to the subject matter?

That would never stop someone from remixing a song. Gang Bang dealt with shooting someone and got mixes commissioned. GC has one already by Offer Nissim.

There was talk months ago that there would be mixes for IDSIF and GC.

The Offer Nissim mix for IDSIF has only just been made available. And yes, we already know of a couple of mixes for GC so I expect they'll land in April sometime.

15 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

Do you guys think they will still have a go with God Control at the clubs now that the MX era is "over"? 

Yes. Nothing to stop them releasing mixes. They've mentioned there would be and we know of a couple so makes sense.

I don't go to discos since ages si i don't know but do you really think general public would like to listen to those lyrics while dancing and havng fun? It's a great song but not so funny and "for everyone" despite its disco vibes.

On 3/14/2020 at 3:44 PM, stevenflowers said:

I don't go to discos since ages si i don't know but do you really think general public would like to listen to those lyrics while dancing and havng fun? It's a great song but not so funny and "for everyone" despite its disco vibes.

um.. a lot of dance or disco songs have deeper or political lyrics. I'd just skip the intro

5 hours ago, Nikki said:

um.. a lot of dance or disco songs have deeper or political lyrics. I'd just skip the intro

Exactly.  Tebeliipn and protest is at the very heart of disco.

13 hours ago, Cherishisword said:

I was hoping for some official remix that will have the good stuff from the original and take out all that noise and some of the annoying whispering 

I actually love the whispering.