“God Control” thread

24 minutes ago, Marcelox said:

🙄

Screenshot_20191129_154606.jpg

He's sort of not making his case with this post. The lyrics posted are clearly someone speaking English as second language. Mirwais had written the lyrics/sentiment, Spooner really just corrected the grammar. Team Mirwais here. 

Is there any further info to show he contributed to the rest of the song? All he has posted are snippets and lyrics from the first intro section. If thats the sum total of his contribution, i wouldnt pay him a dime.

I commented on an earlier post of Casey's on Instragram, outlining in detail what he should be entitled to, given that he has agreed that his contribution amounted to 15% of the song's publishing.  Surprise, surprise, my comment was deleted and he blocked me.  I guess my argument was too solid to allow it to stay up there for public viewing.

On 11/29/2019 at 1:49 PM, Marcelox said:

🙄

Screenshot_20191129_154606.jpg

Casey is pathetic! For his 'efforts' M's team was more than generous, but he got greedy for money and attention and now is looking like a messy biyatch that he is! #tragic 

Every now an then there are people trying to take advantage somehow.

Just now, sillynate said:

Let’s change the subject. Any thoughts on when the remix(es) will be released?

After I Don't Search I Find remixes peak in the Billboard Club Songs chart 🙂 February? 🙂

41 minutes ago, Runaway Lover said:

After I Don't Search I Find remixes peak in the Billboard Club Songs chart 🙂 February? 🙂

hopefully! I think it's one of the record's best songs to remix tbh, and I want plenty of mixes too

Listen to Madonna - God Control (Twisted Dee & Diego Fernandez Remix) by DJ Twisted Dee Martello on #SoundCloud

Why always the same remixers though? 😭 i need at least one high profile remix for GC. I would love a Purple Disco Machine remix. Their style fits GC so much.

58 minutes ago, DanM said:

Listen to Madonna - God Control (Twisted Dee & Diego Fernandez Remix) by DJ Twisted Dee Martello on #SoundCloud

Why always the same remixers though? 😭 i need at least one high profile remix for GC. I would love a Purple Disco Machine remix. Their style fits GC so much.

Cos they’re CHEAP probably. And it shows. 

On 12/7/2019 at 1:52 PM, DanM said:

Yes, Purple Disco Machine would be great. Love Emotion.

This mix is ok although not the kind of house I like. It's still pretty generic but not quite the gay house clone that Offer Nissim tends to churn out. And high profile doesn't mean great mixes - remember we were all sick of Calderone, Tracy Young etc as they became repetitive. 

Overall, I think the mixes have been this best since American Life era (Hard Candy was OK too).

And if it's on their soundcloud, I'm wondering if it were rejected for release?

On 12/7/2019 at 6:52 AM, DanM said:

There is nothing wrong with this remix in all reality. We have gotten FAR FAR FAR worse. But I agree that we need some diverse type remixes and not the same bouncy gay bar club stuff. however, it is still a good remix. gets you hyped! 

On 12/7/2019 at 2:52 PM, DanM said:

yes, Purple Disco Machine would be great!

Perhaps you like my version?

Slant Magazine includes “God Control” in its list of the “The 50 Best Songs of 2019”. 
https://www.slantmagazine.com/features/the-50-best-songs-of-2019/4/

12. Madonna, “God Control”
Madonna has a reputation for being a trendsetter, but her true talent lies in bending those trends to her will, twisting them around until they’re barely recognizable. Madame X’s pièce de résistance, at least in that regard, is the six-minute “God Control,” which begins with the queen of pop conjuring the spirit and disaffected monotone of Kurt Cobain—“I think I understand why people get a gun/I think I understand why we all give up,” she sings through clenched teeth—before the whole thing implodes into a euphoric, densely layered samba-disco-gospel mash-up. Madonna’s vocals alternate between Auto-Tuned belting, urgent whispers, and Tom Tom Club-style rapping as she takes on the gaslight industrial complex and so-called political reformers. On paper, it might sound like the ingredients for a musical Hindenburg, but—somewhere around the midpoint, when she declares, “It’s a con, it’s a hustle, it’s a weird kind of energy!”—it all coheres into the most exhilaratingly batshit thing she’s done in years. Cinquemani