“God Control” thread

On 10/15/2019 at 1:59 AM, Priceless said:

I'm not sure the bright, peppy voice belongs to Madonna. Vocal manipulation aside, it just doesn't sound like her voice in the slightest. I would love to be proven wrong!

I think "I'm here to start you dayyyy" sound very Madonna...

But am I the only one who feels that the children choir doesn't sound like children ? I feel the same in "Come Alive"...

18 minutes ago, Ray Finkle said:

I think "I'm here to start you dayyyy" sound very Madonna...

But am I the only one who feels that the children choir doesn't sound like children ? I feel the same in "Come Alive"...

yes it does not sounds like children but i love the choir ! the more harmony the better 

On 10/15/2019 at 12:59 AM, Priceless said:

I'm not sure the bright, peppy voice belongs to Madonna. Vocal manipulation aside, it just doesn't sound like her voice in the slightest. I would love to be proven wrong!

It's so not her! Can't believe anyone thinks it is. 

On 10/16/2019 at 3:19 PM, Bat-Fan said:

Does anyone know when official remix is released?

Remixes won't appear until after crave has peaked which is likely to be a few more weeks. 

Also IDSIF is getting remixed so they may come first.

On 10/9/2019 at 12:08 PM, Fever said:

I’ve always wondered where the quote comes from at the beginning “This is your wake up call...I’m here to start your day”. I assume it’s not M. Anyone know?

I always imagined it was Mercy's voice.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 12:10 AM, jonski43 said:

It's so not her! Can't believe anyone thinks it is. 

Remixes won't appear until after crave has peaked which is likely to be a few more weeks. 

Also IDSIF is getting remixed so they may come first.

Agh, I absolutely love GC, especially after seeing it live, so I am really waiting for these remixes. Hopefully soon!

What's this to-do with Casey Spooner? He's saying he co-wrote the song and has received no compensation. See his Instagram. He also thinks he should get paid a royalty from the live shows. Say who? He also posted a demo- not saying I don't believe him, but doing so months after the release... anyone could record such a thing and then post it. 😋

As a songwriter, wouldn't you want your name attached, first and foremost? I know "deals" are worked out sometimes, but that's rubbish to me. Why is he singling Madonna out in his one post and not Mirawis? He supposedly was working on it for Mirawis' album, from what I read.

Plus, is M responsible for his financial situation in Berlin?

^Thanks for posting. 

It sounds like a Mirawis problem. So if Mirawis did that, that indeed is not right.

Again, though- why so negative toward Madonna in the one post?

OK- I've looked at the Instagram stories. It sounds like a Mirawis problem. So if Mirawis did that, that indeed is not right.
OK- I've looked at the Instagram stories. It sounds like a Mirawis problem. So if Mirawis did that, that indeed is not right.

It’s definitely a Mirwais problem but M seems to be willing to pay a fair amt (25k plus 15%) . It seems Casey saw the huge touring numbers and wants a bigger piece of the pie, which he doesn’t deserve 🤷🏻‍♂️ It sucks he has to bash her and it will be interesting to see if either M or Mirwais respond

So disappointed in Casey Spooner right now. I always respected him and loved Fischerspooner‘s work but to claim that it’s Madonna‘s fault in his insta post and then post the entire truth (that it’s basically Mirwais‘ fault) in his stories is such a shitty thing to do...I don’t know what to say. He basically confirmed that Madonna wasn’t aware of it and that he got offered money. Now he wants more because he is poor and Madonna is rich. Fuck him!

To think i even wanted those people to work with M.. might have even said so on her instagram. Didnt know the guy was such a loser. A shame there’s so many leeches associated with madonna.

but what’s interesting is.. i heard fischerspooner decided to quit a few weeks ago. Guess he’s a little bored and thinks he can get some attention by bringing up M’s name. She even offered him a lot of money, but it’s still not enough.

15 minutes ago, Nikki said:

To think i even wanted those people to work with M.. might have even said so on her instagram. Didnt know the guy was such a loser. A shame there’s so many leeches associated with madonna.

but what’s interesting is.. i heard fischerspooner decided to quit a few weeks ago. Guess he’s a little bored and thinks he can get some attention by bringing up M’s name. She even offered him a lot of money, but it’s still not enough.

Fischerspooner released a (pretty fantastic) album last year. But yeah, they are history now and Casey is now working on his solo career.

3 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

Again, though- why so negative toward Madonna in the one post?

He’s going to get way more attention name dropping Madonna than he ever would just naming Mirwais alone. 

"this is a Mirwais problem that's become a Madonna problem." 

That pretty much sums it up. And Mirwais says he told her and she says he didn't - I'm inclined to believe Madonna, who is fair in publishing and royalties with other artists her entire career. I've noticed Mirwais seems a bit out of the loop post-album and now we likely know why. This is the norm in music/songwriting circles when collaborations and language corrections create derivative versions, etc. From what I read, Madonna has, of course, been ultra professional and actually fair regarding offering compensation. 

It seems now that Spooner sees the $$$ even she's making from just the song is not enough for him and he wants MORE. He wants that live cash, which falls outside the norm for this type of agreement. And so he's taking it public, hoping to embarrass her into paying him more money. It's all kinda gross. Hope it gets resolved. 

I see no issue with Madonna in this situation. She's doing her thing and not fucking anyone over. Hello Mirwais. 

I've actually advised Casey to get in touch with Tony Shimkin, who, as we know now, was screwed over by Shep Pettibone and robbed of royalties for most of his work on "Erotica".  When Madonna found out, she ensured that he was looked after (and he said that if she'd known what was happening at the time, she wouldn't have allowed it, since she's very big on ensuring that credit is given where it's due).  Casey agreed that 15% was a fair representation of his input (so the demo he's posted of the first verse of the track is likely his entire contribution to the song), and by his own admission, record sales don't make anyone any money these days, so now he's decided he wants touring royalties, too.  Since he's been offered full credit for his 15% contribution, he WILL receive money from the tour - but it will only amount to 0.75% of whatever the royalties paid to the songwriters involved in the 20 songs that are performed (i.e. each song will receive 5% of those royalties, and 15% of 5% = 0.75%).  He's done himself no favours by taking it public.