“God Control” thread

It would be great to get some remixes for this track. I knkw its a peculiar one because of the subject matter- but its one of her best dance songs *ever*

Cant wait to hear it life. And when that happens see my booty get down like... a bird with a wingy wingy wingy. 😉

In my universe this is an acclaimed no 1 that’s changing the conversation about political activism more broadly and gun control specifically. It’s the very definition of a song that “gives me life.” 

On 7/18/2019 at 1:43 PM, Je5u5 said:

An oddly constructed disco song about gun control was not meant to be the next Hung Up. Too brany and out there for the masses.

This right here.

To some extent, I truly don't think it matters what she releases as a "single" now anyways. While I think GC is the best video released from MX so far, I don't think it's the best representation of the album as a whole. The album is certainly NOT a "disco" album and it's really not THAT political either (at least not on such a surface level as GC). I still think Medellin was the best way to go. If GC didn't have a "disco" beat, I think virtually nobody would consider it lead single material.

After a second mass shooting yesterday, in a night club, God Control is dead on arrival.  No network or club is gonna play this song.  Madonna's message is wonderful but it will not be perceived that way by the general public.  They will see it as glorifying mass violence and making it "sexy".  America has a problem and Madonna will be a scape goat as we would never blame our NRA party or their A+ ratings.  Very tragic.

We need to wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up
Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up...

But will we? Doubtful. I'm ashamed to be an American on mornings like this. 

2 hours ago, sul8323 said:

After a second mass shooting yesterday, in a night club, God Control is dead on arrival.  No network or club is gonna play this song.  Madonna's message is wonderful but it will not be perceived that way by the general public.  They will see it as glorifying mass violence and making it "sexy".  America has a problem and Madonna will be a scape goat as we would never blame our NRA party or their A+ ratings.  Very tragic.

The message message of the song/video is strong & clear - I don’t think anyone could twist it.

MTV should have given this song/video the “woke/social msg” award at the VMAs as a timely reminder about gun control in the USA. 

She’s back on the front of drudgereport with GC video...almost as if it was just released. It’s the photo with blood on her face. She made a stunning manifesto about this topic...it should be front and center after the last 24 hours in the US.

The headline links directly to the video on you tube. 

www.drudgereport.com

like american life god control was never meant to be a smash hit ....she is trying ..that is the main thing - couldnt careless if it does not sell im super proud of madonna to even write about such a subject let alone release a video 

34 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

She’s back on the front of drudgereport with GC video...almost as if it was just released. It’s the photo with blood on her face. She made a stunning manifesto about this topic...it should be front and center after the last 24 hours in the US.

www.drudgereport.com

I was wondering why there was an uptick in trolls and bots commenting on the video today. 

49 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

www.drudgereport.com

she expected this .....

8 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I was wondering why there was an uptick in trolls and bots commenting on the video today. 

Yep. Drudge is right wing central. Interesting line from the song they used...if people don’t actually watch the video they can surmise M has sympathy for the shooter. That’s no accident. 

omg, the video is having comments by the minute in YouTube and they're very against her. GOOD! I want those stupid gun holders to be angry that somebody is calling them out. HA! 

30 minutes ago, karbatal said:

omg, the video is having comments by the minute in YouTube and they're very against her. GOOD! I want those stupid gun holders to be angry that somebody is calling them out. HA! 

Really? I just looked at the recent comments and they are all positive!

21 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Really? I just looked at the recent comments and they are all positive!

I think you’re looking at top rated comments posted since the release instead of the newest comments. Toggle the comment view to newest. Many of the newest comments today are from trolls and bots trashing the video and Madonna.

8 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I think you’re looking at top rated comments posted since the release instead of the newest comments. Toggle the comment view to newest. Many of the newest comments today are from trolls and bots trashing the video and Madonna.

Oh..... yes...… that was it. The recent comments are pretty bad. 😞

22 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Oh..... yes...… that was it. The recent comments are pretty bad. 😞

If you see good comments posted recently click the like button on those comments. It will push those up on top rated comments. Most people have top comments as their default setting anyway. 

49 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

If you see good comments posted recently click the like button on those comments. It will push those up on top rated comments. Most people have top comments as their default setting anyway. 

Its scary to see all those all of the sudden after what happened this week- these are not organic as you guys say- they are trolls and bots being directed from however way they organize and send them to "manufacture consent". But the more they do that- the more views- the more visibility for the video. This video will of course not change the situation but the more things that are out there promoting a discussion are needed. I am so proud of M for doing this song and video. 

1 hour ago, FeTuoni said:

I’m tired of seeing Madonna being bashed everywhere. And honestly, sometimes I fear for her safety.

Me too but I kinda feel like she has embraced that game, that’s what she signs in KWAP and also always stands for what she believes in, if they ever attack/hurt her it will only prove her point and make her cause stronger/martyring her.