“God Control” thread

4 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I love her and that she's a fan. She's a great dancer too. I really enjoyed her on Dancing With The Stars. 

4 hours ago, Lolo said:

She seems to be a legit Stan ! 

I didn’t know she is the wife of Harry Hamlin. I loved him in Mad Men. His part was hilarious, he totally made the ‘office leg’ of the show’s last seasons. 

Harry Hamlin, the LA LAW man of my childhood dreams. 

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

I love her and that she's a fan. She's a great dancer too. I really enjoyed her on Dancing With The Stars. 

she's a great dancer she seems to love M too. I remember Lisa on Melrose place I used to watch that show all the time.

35 minutes ago, juliebean said:

she's a great dancer she seems to love M too. I remember Lisa on Melrose place I used to watch that show all the time.

Do u think she knows M through John Enos? Btw off topic but Erika Jayne was wearing an outfit M wears in the Crave video at the end of the finale and for the RHONY reunion Bethany mentioned how she lives next to Madonna! 

2 hours ago, Showdown said:

Do u think she knows M through John Enos? Btw off topic but Erika Jayne was wearing an outfit M wears in the Crave video at the end of the finale and for the RHONY reunion Bethany mentioned how she lives next to Madonna! 

Hmmm. i'm not sure maybe. Lisa said she got a lot of requests for God Control But I think she likes Madonna as well.

Lisa worships Madonna. She frequently dances to Madonna songs on IG and you hear Madonna songs playing in the background in other posts. She has been to every Madonna tour since at least the Confessions Tour, usually in L.A.

I find it so interesting! I know many fans would oppose it but I always wanted M to come on Watch What Happens Live. So many celebs have done and you know Andy would have fun with her.

Lisa doesn't appear to be faking her love for M unlike some of those YouTube reactors (more interested in the likes & subscribers than the artist)

1 hour ago, Ghost Town said:

Lisa doesn't appear to be faking her love for M unlike some of those YouTube reactors (more interested in the likes & subscribers than the artist)

Well Lisa is famous. So she doesnt need to fake it. Its too bad more real stars are not obsessed with Madonna. Although Cardi and Ariana are. 

Rememeber when some were saying this should have been the lead single? Even Dark Ballet had more chart action despite Madonna not even being in the video. 

GC should be charting the top 40's by now yet shit like Old Town Road and other crap are clogging the BB Hot 100.

1 hour ago, Je5u5 said:

Rememeber when some were saying this should have been the lead single? Even Dark Ballet had more chart action despite Madonna not even being in the video. 

The first single of a new album gets the most attention. I guess too many buzz promos watered down the main release and irritated the public. Maybe an instant double A-single Medellin (Americas) and God Control (rest of the world) - would have been the better choice as first single/s, we will never know. It's a shame: Madonna created some of the best works of her whole career - and it's being ignored by the public at large. I pray that her tour gets the praise she deserves.

Sure Madame X is ignored bt the general public... But to be fair Taylor and Katy are ignored too, and  they are in the "middle" of their carreers. I think the music industry has totally changed. nothing is like it used to be.

12 hours ago, Querelle said:

The first single of a new album gets the most attention. I guess too many buzz promos watered down the main release and irritated the public. Maybe an instant double A-single Medellin (Americas) and God Control (rest of the world) - would have been the better choice as first single/s, we will never know. It's a shame: Madonna created some of the best works of her whole career - and it's being ignored by the public at large. I pray that her tour gets the praise she deserves.

That was the rumor about a double single release from the get go with Medellin and God Control being released between weeks of each other but didn't happen.

15 hours ago, Querelle said:

Sure but even a strong second or third single can become a bigger hit. Mariah's We Belong Together, P!nk's Who Knew, Britney's Toxic, Christina's Beautiful, Rihanna's Rude Boy... all became the defining hit from that album cycle without being the lead single.

An oddly constructed disco song about gun control was not meant to be the next Hung Up. Too brany and out there for the masses.

33 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Sure but even a strong second or third single can become a bigger hit. Mariah's We Belong Together, P!nk's Who Knew, Britney's Toxic, Christina's Beautiful, Rihanna's Rude Boy... all became the defining hit from that album cycle without being the lead single.

An oddly constructed disco song about gun control was not meant to be the next Hung Up. Too brany and out there for the masses.

This.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Eltacubo said:

So so incredibly sad. One of the victims was a five year old child.

Trump: We must "stop evil, prevent violence and protect the safety of all Americans"

Yes. Let’s start by banning firearms...

Je5u5- those tracks were all by acts who were a lot younger than M is right now. She's just not going to score a mega hit as a lead act at this stage of her carerr, no matter the circumstances. And there's nothing wrong in that- it happens to all acts.

In the meantime, GC persists as my favorite from MX.

Sad God Control doesn't have more u tube views.  What an amazing song and video. 

On 7/18/2019 at 1:43 PM, Je5u5 said:

When it comes to Madonna, nothing beyond the 1st single gets a chance. It's been like that since Hollywood. The only exception was BIM going viral.

2 hours ago, John said:

Sad God Control doesn't have more u tube views.  What an amazing song and video. 

Who's gonna see the video in order to have more views? Only us, the fans.

They don't play her on radio, they don't show her videos on TV and she almost doesn't promote anything. More views from where? 

Some friends were here last Friday and we were playing some YouTube stuff and then i decided to play medellin. they never heard it but thought it was super catchy; the 1,2 cha cha cha phrase.

then i got confident and played come alive and killers who are partying and they loved the instrumentation on both tracks.

1 hour ago, ashtangi74 said:

Some friends were here last Friday and we were playing some YouTube stuff and then i decided to play medellin. they never heard it but thought it was super catchy; the 1,2 cha cha cha phrase.

then i got confident and played come alive and killers who are partying and they loved the instrumentation on both tracks.

So cool... Wish it was my case... but watch what you say about your friends because there will be some rules against sharing your opinion about them. 😄