I love "BATUKA" so much

9 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

"Batuka" was the most intense moment of my first time-listening of Madame X. I was truly mesmerized by her artistic spunk, it made me realize that this is not a typical pop album but an innovative, brave record that was badly needed from her for a long time. 

This is so true. This song hypnotized me on first listen. It's the only song of my very first listening experience of MX that I actually listened to twice in a row. It's just so unlike anything she's done and yeah.....was the moment I knew the album really is something special, a seminal album. 

35 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

This is so true. This song hypnotized me on first listen. It's the only song of my very first listening experience of MX that I actually listened to twice in a row. It's just so unlike anything she's done and yeah.....was the moment I knew the album really is something special, a seminal album. 

The experience went this way. 

1st track, "Medellin": Nice mild opener, the song that everyone already knows 

2nd track, "Dark Ballet": An awesomely bizarre, out-there work of art, and everyone already saw the video

3rd track, "God Control": Oh, the intro vocals were weird! Those insane strings, took us to heaven! And so we were made to be known that she created an experimental disco song with sparsed singing parts. She crazy OMG :shock:

4th track, "Future": We have heard this jam 

5th track, "Batuka": The first TRULY REVEALING moment. She made it clear to you that she still has the passion to explore unfamiliar territories and you want to have nothing but admiration for Madonna the artist

This song just gets into your head and refuses to leave. I am constantly going round the office singing the “it’s a long way” bit. Didn’t like the song at first, now I love it. 

I liked it at first but it didn’t have a huge impact on me. Then for like a week the sound of it seriously irritated me like a swarm of buzzing insects and I wanted to skip it whenever it came on. :shock: Now I enjoy it very much! I was walking down the street today listening to it and chanting along. I wanted to rip my clothes off and dance swinging my dick and balls around to the beat. I love that it sounds like an ancient song and futuristic song at the same time. 

3 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The experience went this way. 

1st track, "Medellin": Nice mild opener, the song that everyone already knows 

2nd track, "Dark Ballet": An awesomely bizarre, out-there work of art, and everyone already saw the video

3rd track, "God Control": Oh, the intro vocals were weird! Those insane strings, took us to heaven! And so we were made to be known that she created an experimental disco song with sparsed singing parts. She crazy OMG :shock:

4th track, "Future": We have heard this jam 

5th track, "Batuka": The first TRULY REVEALING moment. She made it clear to you that she still has the passion to explore unfamiliar territories and you want to have nothing but admiration for Madonna the artist

yes, with batuka is when you realise that madonna has done (at least a song in that moment) something that she hasn´t ever think about before.The rest of the songs could have been in other albums (not only in the ones produced by mirwais), but with batuka you can see that there is a big change in this album

5 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I liked it at first but it didn’t have a huge impact on me. Then for like a week the sound of it seriously irritated me like a swarm of buzzing insects and I wanted to skip it whenever it came on. :shock: Now I enjoy it very much! I was walking down the street today listening to it and chanting along. I wanted to rip my clothes off and dance swinging my dick and balls around to the beat. I love that it sounds like an ancient song and futuristic song at the same time. 

:lmao: 

It’s just the most perfect Madonna & Mirwais moment, it has such beautiful dark depth to it. I get the shivers every time that GRIMEY DARK SEXY BEAT kicks in and then the Batuka lady starts riffing. 

1 hour ago, strictmachine said:

Quite frankly, it’s the best song on the album. 

Great repeat value ☺

It took me a while to warm up to this song but now I love it and the cultural, daring, artistic ride it is musically. Most of all, it's a must for the journey this album takes us on. 

21 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

2:57 - 3:10 :tigger:

This part is amazing when you turn the volume up real loud!

Now Batuka is truly an epic song.  One of my absault favourites..... 

On 6/30/2019 at 5:13 AM, Kurt420 said:

+1

Yes, the Baianas in Brazil sing and dance to this kind of beat, and so to me, this song is more spiritual than anything. This kind of beat is considered sacred in candomblé and one must get into a trance listening to music like that. Better yet, get into movements along with getting into the deep trance.

This song is the best gift Madonna ever gave me! If someone would have told me she’d sing and dance to this kind of beat 3 years ago, I wouldn’t have believed them, but would have really hoped it was true! And now I don’t need to dream or hope! Like she actually did it!! It’s mind blowing!!

From Shanti Ashtangi to Batuka, Madonna is the most experimental, earthy, global pop star I’ve ever been blessed to be a fan of! 

On 6/30/2019 at 4:26 PM, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Ha ha.  I have virtually the same reaction ( except for I don't have the same anatomy :lol:  )   It also irritated me a bit at first but now I have grown to love it.  It does sound ancient and futuristic at the same time.  Love the drums and beats. 

On 6/30/2019 at 9:52 AM, VogueMusic said:

That's one of the things I adore about this album. The music gets to develop, take its time...I've always enjoyed long songs. A shame that attention spans are next to nothing these days.

That troll you quoted has been suspended and hopefully will remain in a dustbin for good. 

To me this song is a wailing, a feeling of complete desperation, being overwhelmed by darkness. It’s not even Madonna singing it. She is one of the girls of an African village praying for some miracle, some magic. The head mother figure joins in the chant in the very end.

2 hours ago, BitchImLoca said:

worst song on the album. I guess its cute at a human sacrifice party

It is the last song I got into but after that happened I couln't get enough of it. It is so different in structure to a pop song in general. I can see why people are having problem with it, but really it is one of the betters ones the album.

3 hours ago, BitchImLoca said:

worst song on the album. I guess its cute at a human sacrifice party

This post alone should merit a ban. A closer look at your account info look reveals you were banned here multiple times years ago. Still a moron and living in Orlando I see tripdastation!  *FLUSH*