Madame X radio station on Sirius

7 hours ago, domyeyebrows said:

Yay! It works for me too! Open Your Heart followed by Falling Free, there's a curveball!

Pretty cool, huh? Have been playing non-stop - Runaway Lover on now

I have Sirius in my car so I've been listening to Madonna's station when I'm driving.Lots of good songs being played! Yesterday,I heard the live version of "Express Yourself" from the MDNA tour,and today they played the 2003 MTV Awards performance of "Like A Virgin and "Hollywood".I also heard "Dear Jessie"! I wish that this was a permanent station.

19 hours ago, Mattress said:

I am absolutely loving the different clips of her talking about each song!

Same! Loved hearing her today talk on Live To Tell and how she wrote it for Sean, his movie(Close Range), and love. 

This is such a great station and gives so much exposure to her music. Almost 40 million people are subscribed to Siriux XM in the US and Channel 4 is right next to very popular stations like Hits1.

You should contact SiriusXM and let them know that as a paying subscriber you love the station and you want it permanent like The Beatles, Elvis and others have their own stations. The most successful female recording artist if all time DESERVES a permanent channel.

43 minutes ago, iasonas said:

This is such a great station and gives so much exposure to her music. Almost 40 million people are subscribed to Siriux XM in the US and Channel 4 is right next to very popular stations like Hits1.

You should contact SiriusXM and let them know that as a paying subscriber you love the station and you want it permanent like The Beatles, Elvis and others have their own stations. The most successful female recording artist if all time DESERVES a permanent channel.

Yes, we should all do this. 

her recollection of "vogue" doesn't match with what we've heard, does it? the story about it being a b-side never quite made sense, since artists rarely record a brand new song for that purpose, but she says it was written specifically for dick tracy, which also doesn't make sense since it's not in the film (which is set in the 30s, not the 40s/50s). she also says the rap came first, but that doesn't really match with what shep told billboard a few years ago. anyway, awesome to hear her talk about some of these songs!

It’s so fascinating to hear Madonna talk so honestly about all these old tracks. I just can’t get enough of it. I love what she said about True Blue.

Contact Sirius XM to let them know that you want Madonna to have a permanent channel.

If you subscribed because of Madonna, tell them that you did and that you will be a permanent subscriber if the channel stays. Or tell them that you know more people who would subscribe if the channel stays. 

If you have been a subscriber for many years and you cannot use the argument above, your opinion still matters since you have given them so much money all these years. Let them know how grateful you are the channel exists and that its presence guarantees that you'll keep being a subscriber. 

All they care about is money and subscriptions. Show them you want the channel. If the Beatles, Elvis, Garth Brooks etc. can have a channel along with other irrelevant compared to them and Madonna artists, then M deserves one too. There is a Pitbull channel for god's shake.

59 minutes ago, lasky said:

Would be great to have it permanently but financially, who would keep it running?

The same company that runs the other stations: Sirius XM. They get paid subscribers, and I assume they also have limited advertising revenue (but I don’t know, because I’m not a subscriber).

As pointed out earlier in the thread, there are other stations dedicated to one artist. Madonna’s certainly worthy of it, and her repertoire is varied and eclectic enough that it really wouldn’t be a monotonous listening experience.

I’ve never wanted to pay for radio — but a dedicated Madonna channel with rarities would make me consider it, I’ll say that.

If your original question, lasky, was getting at whether Madonna’s catalogue is more expensive to broadcast — which is entirely possible — I apologize that I can’t really speak to that. Might be why this is a limited-time thing — for the cross promo factor, perhaps Madonna is allowing more of her catalogue to be played for a reduced amount or something. But the royalties go to the writers, so she’s not the only party to be paid...

Hey Peter, not a problem at all... I was just thinking aloud on the financial terms of SiriusXM... for them to run a month long worth of Madonna airplay... 

1 hour ago, idro said:

Did she write LaIsla ? I thought she didn t ...flop fan of me!

I knew it was offered to Michael Jackson first but apparently that was just the instrumental.

She and Patrick Leonard co-wrote and co-produced the song, and Bruce Gaitsch provided additional songwriting. Sire Records released it as the album's final single on February 25, 1987. The instrumental version of the song was first offered to Michael Jackson before Madonna both accepted it and wrote the lyrics and melody. "